Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 04:03 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times

Advertisements

I love the recipes you share because I know that they are "tried and true" and they are made with ingredients that I like to use!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 04:41 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Laura I am with you.....I never understand why people won't share the recipes. I had an aunt who made the best brownies and cookies macaroons and just plain good things and she would NEVER share her recipes. Even when she died they were no where to be found. Every single time there is a family gathering it comes up in conversation as her baked goods were always part of the family gatherings.
We recently got together as a family and combined over 200 tried and true family recipes and put them into a family cookbook and it is sad that we couldn't make her part of it.

I don't understand it. She was 99 when she died.

Last edited by crazyworld; 05-30-2009 at 05:12 PM..

Old 05-30-2009, 04:43 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I love the recipes you share because I know that they are "tried and true" and they are made with ingredients that I like to use!
I totally agree I would rather have TNT recipes than just copying off the web or even a cookbook.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:48 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Laura I am with you.....I never understand why people won't share the recipes. I have an aunt who made the best brownies and cookies macaroons and just plain good things and she would NEVER share her recipes. Even when she dies they were no where to be found. Every single time there is a family gathering it comes up in conversation as her baked goods were always part of the family gatherings.
We recently got together as a family and combined over 200 tried and true family recipes and put them into a family cookbook and it is sad that we couldn't make her part of it.

They want you to remember them when they are gone. Look it worked for your aunt you are still talking about her. If she left the recipe it could get changed down the road until it was no longer "her" recipe. That is what I got from somebody that refused to give up recipes. Even if people are saying she was mean she didn't give us her recipes at least you are still talking about them when you might not after a few years.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Would you care to adopt me into the family long enough to get the family cookbook??? Please??? Pretty Please?? Um....Hello?????

Speaking of being 99 when she died, my mama called me this morning to tell me my grandfather died this morning. He was 95, would have been 96 in July! He is in a better place now, I truly truly believe!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:04 PM

Kat we would love to adopt you.

I ahve a huge family. My mother is one of ten and everyone had 5/6 kids and then we are all married with kids.
Bottom line is that there are over 150 of us and the list keeps growing. My Mom is 80 and they ahve only lost two siblings .
We all get together for our Xmas party and have to rent a hall. We have Santa and raffles and grabs and even a disc jockey and everyone brings a dish...it is a heck of a time.

The cookbook started out hilarious and then we had to edit it a lot. It goes back 5 generations minus my aunt's recipes.

Sad about your grandfather..I am sorry. They are so special when they make it that far. I bet you have some great memories.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:37 PM

Crazyworld - Thanks! Yes, I have some great memories! Some are doozies! LOL Sooo, I am officially a member of the family? Who sends me the official CW cookbook???? LOL I have some great ideas about the raffle prizes too!

Old 05-31-2009, 04:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Kats sorry about your grandpa-they are special in our lives.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:15 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Quote:
Laura I am with you.....I never understand why people won't share the recipes. I had an aunt who made the best brownies and cookies macaroons and just plain good things and she would NEVER share her recipes. Even when she died they were no where to be found. Every single time there is a family gathering it comes up in conversation as her baked goods were always part of the family gatherings.

I would love a copy as well. Any chance you are going to sell them? Or, I am with Kats, I can be up for adoption!

Old 05-31-2009, 08:36 AM

I'll see if we have any left and would be happy to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes