Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 11:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannack315 View Post
I agree. I hate when men seduce women into bed then turn around and call them a s*ut. I usually consider men to be logical but this action makes little sense to me.. well at least until I heard this...
That was my point about women being "soiled" in the other, now-locked thread. It's just an illogical way to look at things.

I don't agree with using sex as some kind of test of worthiness. But if I did, I'd point out that maybe some women like to jump right in to find out if the man is any good. Who wants to spend [insert arbitrary number of] dates and then find out the guy is a lousy lay?

Just saying.

I'm with the folks here who say if two adults want to enjoy it, that's no one's business but theirs. All of this commentary about "sluts" and so on is just hatred, pure and simple.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:24 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
All of this commentary about "sluts" and so on is just hatred, pure and simple.
And ignorance.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:35 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Ok I wandered off and contemplated the absurdity of this whole thing... but it got me wondering...

Situation 1: Details don't but matter, but for all intents and purposes slept with on first date (we had met for lunch once before). Turned into year long relationship.

Situation 2: Slept with guy after about five dates, but it was what I would classify as casual sex. We had nothing in common but enjoyed each other's company and an attraction.

For all those that are so intent on the number of dates before sex, than situation 2 is ok, but situation 1 isn't.

In my book they're both fine, I go with ever feels right in any given situation.

I have absolutely no respect for men who use sex as a way to control or subjugate women. You have tons of men who complain that women don't like sex, then you have the ones who complain that they do.

Women who have self respect do what they want because they respect themselves, whether it's waiting or not waiting. It's the MEN who complain about either who have no respect for women. And no self-respecting woman would hang around in either situation.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:37 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
A woman who is willing to sleep with me on a first date gets no respect. First of all, if she did it with me, she probably does the same with a lot of other guys out there, I don't really think I am that special and I laugh when a woman who willing to have sex on the first date says something like "I dont usually do this" LOL what a bunch of BS!

Also, I dont remember ever feeling used after a one night stand, the whole concept of a woman using a man for sex is absolutely ridiculous. However, many times the woman wakes up in the morning, she regrets her actions and realizes "What the hell did I do?" especially when alcohol is involved.

Often, the woman is so ashamed the next morning that she will never contact the guy again because she not only regretted what she did but she also feels ashamed.

I have seen this scenario played out over and over and over!

"Overall women's morning-after feelings were more negative than men's. While 80 percent of men had overall positive feelings, just 54 percent of women had positive feelings."

Ignorance to me is think that one nights stands empower women

Old 07-07-2010, 11:40 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If I sleep with someone it's because I like and respect them, I don't use people, and I've had no problem with getting that in return.
I don't 100% know why this is aimed at me. I've LONG been on record as saying that consenting adults can and should do whatever they want.

The only thing I've also been on record as saying is, that I don't necessarily have to be a part of it. The only thing I would take exception to is the comment "i'll get what I want when I want it" or whatever it was. It's not that particular comment..I've hear it before. It's entitling...and it would make me feel cheap.

It's just my personal opinion. I don't really think what I do is wrong, and don't know where much there is to argue.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I don't really think I am that special
That's your problem right here! Some of us women actually think we are as do many men, and we enjoy each other.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
A woman who is willing to sleep with me on a first date gets no respect. First of all, if she did it with me, she probably does the same with a lot of other guys out there, I don't really think I am that special and I laugh when a woman who willing to have sex on the first date says something like "I dont usually do this" LOL what a bunch of BS!

Also, I dont remember ever feeling used after a one night stand, the whole concept of a woman using a man for sex is absolutely ridiculous. However, many times the woman wakes up in the morning, she regrets her actions and realizes "What the hell did I do?" especially when alcohol is involved.

Often, the woman is so ashamed the next morning that she will never contact the guy again because she not only regretted what she did but she also feels ashamed.

I have seen this scenario played out over and over and over!

"Overall women's morning-after feelings were more negative than men's. While 80 percent of men had overall positive feelings, just 54 percent of women had positive feelings."

Ignorance to me is think that one nights stands empower women
Perhaps in your experience the women DO regret it in the morning and never initiate contact again. Honestly I don't find this overly hard to believe.

And if your not going to respect a woman in the morning, then don't respect yourself either. You were both there. Last time I checked this was an interactive event.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:55 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
In my book they're both fine, I go with ever feels right in any given situation.

Quote:
the whole concept of a woman using a man for sex is absolutely ridiculous.
Please tell me you're joking.

Quote:
And you know this... how? Are you going off those little statistics you posted, or is this just how women have reacted when they wake up next to you?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I don't 100% know why this is aimed at me. I've LONG been on record as saying that consenting adults can and should do whatever they want.

The only thing I've also been on record as saying is, that I don't necessarily have to be a part of it. The only thing I would take exception to is the comment "i'll get what I want when I want it" or whatever it was. It's not that particular comment..I've hear it before. It's entitling...and it would make me feel cheap.

It's just my personal opinion. I don't really think what I do is wrong, and don't know where much there is to argue.
I don't think what you do is wrong either. I was just commenting on the meat sicle thingy. I don't think any of what most of the women commenting on has anything to do with making someone feel that way, or thinking that way about them. My intent isn't to argue, just to clarify.

It wouldn't hold well with me if anyone felt entitled to another's body - it's more of an issue of being entitled to do what you want with your OWN body.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:00 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
I don't think what you do is wrong either. I was just commenting on the meat sicle thingy. I don't think any of what most of the women commenting on has anything to do with making someone feel that way, or thinking that way about them. My intent isn't to argue, just to clarify.

It wouldn't hold well with me if anyone felt entitled to another's body - it's more of an issue of being entitled to do what you want with your OWN body.
My statement was only to express how I would feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships