Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 01:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
No woman is completely without control.
Some us feel more free to exercise it.
Wonder if the OP will feel the same about all this when shes my age?
I thought a LOT differently when I was her age, and then I woke up.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Some us feel more free to exercise it.
Wonder if the OP will feel the same about all this when shes my age?
I thought a LOT differently when I was her age, and then I woke up.

By thinking ALOT differently then me do you mean that you used to think like me and now you have changed your mind or that you used to be the exact opposite of how I am now and you have changed your mind to be more like me now?

Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Oh gosh, you hardly fit the profile for even borderline sociopathy. I'd say it would be fear of judgement, questions, reactions or rejection and loss of friendships that would cause you to conceal this part of your life and have to be very confident and self assured to share and not worry about what someone thought. Is it difficult maintaining friendships outside of the bdsm community?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I think it is our quiet and private nature that give us the ability to camoflage ourselves so well among the 'normal' people.Sometimes I think it may be borderline type of sociopathy that allows us to be perfectly normal around others and in private be such a different person but I like to chalk it up to being respectful to the others around me who would feel uncomfortable if they found out about my activities.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Ok, well nothing more to say then.

I would note that you admit you are willing to risk the relationship with your SO over this. Whether this blows up your relationship or not I think it speaks volumes about the level of emotional attachment to him or perhaps the level of attraction to your friend....or both.

Sort of a litmus test.

I wish you the best of luck in finding your way through life, I think you may have a better idea of your situation than you did at the start of the thread or have at least clarified it. I think if you were as content as you'd earlier hinted that you wouldn't be taking such a huge chance.

P.S. Old friendships can end...generally over money or sex\relationships. If one of you really likes it and the other doesn't....or if the masters forbid it after the fact and one of you doesn't want to rock the boat etc. things could take a downturn.

I saw this happen once to 3 college friends, roomates.....it got *ugly*. Your urges have overwhelmed your sense of danger but the die is cast so to speak so nothing to do now but see if it works out of explodes.

No offense, I offer you dispassionate unbiased opinions and may just be full of crap. lol.

Pass the popcorn and let us know how it turned out.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Oh gosh, you hardly fit the profile for even borderline sociopathy. I'd say it would be fear of judgement, questions, reactions or rejection and loss of friendships that would cause you to conceal this part of your life and have to be very confident and self assured to share and not worry about what someone thought. Is it difficult maintaining friendships outside of the bdsm community?

I have a difficult time maintaining relationships due to my agoraphobia which was brought on by my panic disorder.I am better now but I am afraid that I never really learned how to foster relationships very well because of it and I generally stayed at home and kept myself busy with being a study bug.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:41 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
By thinking ALOT differently then me do you mean that you used to think like me and now you have changed your mind or that you used to be the exact opposite of how I am now and you have changed your mind to be more like me now?
No, I mean I used to almost just like you at your age, and then I had an epiphany at the age of 28.
I'm 48 now, and look back at the girl I was, and wonder what I was thinking.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:43 PM

548 posts, read 1,479,648 times
I have had a couple of threesome relationships. They didn't end well for some of the people involved. Neither relationship was stable to begin with though. If your relationship with your master is solid, then it could work. There are people who are happy to live this way.

If my current friends knew of the experiences I had when I was younger they would be SO shocked! The early 20's is a great time to live life and fulfil whatever curiousities one may have. I am happy for those experiences and to have gotten it out of my system. Well, I've gotten most of it out anyway...

Old 07-14-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, well nothing more to say then.

I would note that you admit you are willing to risk the relationship with your SO over this. Whether this blows up your relationship or not I think it speaks volumes about the level of emotional attachment to him or perhaps the level of attraction to your friend....or both.

Sort of a litmus test.

I wish you the best of luck in finding your way through life, I think you may have a better idea of your situation than you did at the start of the thread or have at least clarified it. I think if you were as content as you'd earlier hinted that you wouldn't be taking such a huge chance.

P.S. Old friendships can end...generally over money or sex\relationships. If one of you really likes it and the other doesn't....or if the masters forbid it after the fact and one of you doesn't want to rock the boat etc. things could take a downturn.

I saw this happen once to 3 college friends, roomates.....it got *ugly*. Your urges have overwhelmed your sense of danger but the die is cast so to speak so nothing to do now but see if it works out of explodes.

No offense, I offer you dispassionate unbiased opinions and may just be full of crap. lol.

Pass the popcorn and let us know how it turned out.
Well it has turned out well for right now.My Master punished me for hiding this from him but he agreed to let me have my way just so long as he can watch which we are perfectly fine with.

My friend and I have agreed that this is only for fun and that regardless of how things turn out in the end that we will still be friends the way we always have and if she wanted to end it I would have no problem letting it go.I would NEVER risk losing her because she is the one constant and understanding person that I have ever known.I made fine without her before and I can do it after.

My only concern was to lose my SO over this but it seems like all is well in my little lala land.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:58 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
That's fine but it proves my point and other posters points that she did have a bad childhood.
Actually it proves MY point. Remove your blinders and open your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lastly, you can't be devoted to and invested emotionally with someone and yet have an essentially open relationship where you just wouldn't care because you aren't *jealous*. Hey, if you wouldn't worry about someone screwing other people and just maybe replacing you then I'm not sure just how emotionally invested you are.

Not trying to be mean or pick a fight but there are some inconsistancies and I think you have more going on subconsciously than you might know or admit to.
Sorry, stick to Math, guy, and leave the armchair psychology to radio talk show hosts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I can't imagine that the mormons would be very forgiving of your lifestyle. I can understand fully why you hide it from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
I'm sorry Maria, but you will now be required to turn in your "Krazy Kinkster Kard." You're simply not mentally imbalanced enough to be one of us... you'll make the rest of us look bad.
Oh no, do I have to give up mine also?! I didn't realize I was a member of the psychotics anonymous club when I learned how to set people on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I learned it from listening to Dr. Drew Pinsky on Loveline, a night time radio show. From listening to the show, the OP fits the profile of someone who's been sexually abused.

Dr. Drew (http://www.drdrew.com/ - broken link)
Even Dr Phil, with his (ahem) credentials wouldn't try to diagnose her without having met her in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Ok, well...in any event, I think something's out of balance emotionally with all 4 of you.
Sweetcheeks, if you only knew how many there really are, you'd be running for the hills of northwest Manitoba.

Quote:
.... it seems like all is well in my little lala land.
I wish you well, Maria. Those of us who live in lala land who aren't afraid to come out DO understand just be careful how you go about getting help/advice/information. And don't forget you can always go "back channel".

Old 07-14-2010, 02:35 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
Quote:
I have been in a sub/dom relationship for two years now and my SO and I have enjoyed a great relationship thus far.However I have had a lesbian attraction to one of my girlfriends for years and I confessed to her about it and she feels the same way.She is also in a sub/dom relationship and she talked with her partner about it and he says he would be fine if we were to act on our feelings just so long as he got to watch which is fine with both of us.I still need to break this to my SO though and I am not sure how he would take it if I told him that I have bi sexual tendancies.I have never had feelings for any other woman before so it would be with just this woman exclusively.

So my question to the men here is this. : How would you take it if your SO told you that she wanted to sleep with her best friend and how should she go about telling you?

P.S. - I am new to this forum so sorry if this post breaks any kind of decency rules.
I would ask her to reciprocate with one of her cute girl friends if I had the presence of mind to do so at the time. It depends on how well we are communicating at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.