Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 03:10 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Actually it proves MY point. Remove your blinders and open your eyes.

Sorry, stick to Math, guy, and leave the armchair psychology to radio talk show hosts.

Oh no, do I have to give up mine also?! I didn't realize I was a member of the psychotics anonymous club when I learned how to set people on fire.

Even Dr Phil, with his (ahem) credentials wouldn't try to diagnose her without having met her in person.

Sweetcheeks, if you only knew how many there really are, you'd be running for the hills of northwest Manitoba.

I wish you well, Maria. Those of us who live in lala land who aren't afraid to come out DO understand just be careful how you go about getting help/advice/information. And don't forget you can always go "back channel".

My eyes are open nyannie. I'm not stupid. I have to say that you criticize us for not being open-minded to this lifestyle that you live. However, why are you so judgmental against the people who want nothing to do with this master/servant master/owner master whatever oppressive relationship?

Old 07-14-2010, 05:07 PM

396 posts, read 732,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I learned it from listening to Dr. Drew Pinsky on Loveline, a night time radio show. From listening to the show, the OP fits the profile of someone who's been sexually abused.

Dr. Drew (http://www.drdrew.com/ - broken link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Ok, well...in any event, I think something's out of balance emotionally with all 4 of you.
Wait - you're taking what you heard on a radio talk show as if it is gospel, without actually verifying it yourself, and using it to play armchair psychologist on the internet... and we're the ones out of balance?

Wow, alrighty then. Good thing you missed Orson Welles' radio broadcast.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
My eyes are open nyannie. I'm not stupid. I have to say that you criticize us for not being open-minded to this lifestyle that you live. However, why are you so judgmental against the people who want nothing to do with this master/servant master/owner master whatever oppressive relationship?

It always slays me the way those who claim to be so open minded and tolerant can't seem to muster any tolerance for those who disaggree with them about their so called "lifestyle choices"

I left this thread because there was nothing else to be gained by anyone by staying - though I am still hopeful our OP will be willing to be honest with herself about the roots of her gravitating toward this sad lifestyle choice.

You'd be better of leaving too at this point Lisa - since we aren't slaves and don't have to volunteer to stick around for a verbal beating

Old 07-14-2010, 05:23 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
I have had a couple of threesome relationships. They didn't end well for some of the people involved. Neither relationship was stable to begin with though. If your relationship with your master is solid, then it could work. There are people who are happy to live this way.

If my current friends knew of the experiences I had when I was younger they would be SO shocked! The early 20's is a great time to live life and fulfill whatever curiosities one may have. I am happy for those experiences and to have gotten it out of my system. Well, I've gotten most of it out anyway...
I'll meet you at the boat if you'll share those threesome stories and then we can discuss any current experiences you've contemplated.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:39 PM

396 posts, read 732,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It always slays me the way those who claim to be so open minded and tolerant can't seem to muster any tolerance for those who disaggree with them about their so called "lifestyle choices"
Tolerance for disagreeing is one thing... tolerance for being insulted is something else... and I know for a fact that you are intelligent enough to know the difference.

Quote:
I left this thread because there was nothing else to be gained by anyone by staying - though I am still hopeful our OP will be willing to be honest with herself about the roots of her gravitating toward this sad lifestyle choice.
This is a great example of what I mean. The OP has stated that she was not abused as a child. It's very insulting for you to continue to imply that she was, to keep needling her about it. To keep dismissing her choice as being nothing but some psychological imbalance. To keep insulting her lifestyle and thus her.

No one has taken an issue with anyone who has said, "nope, this isn't for me." But we absolutely have called to task those who continue to insult her/us, those who convey false or misleading information, etc.

You don't get to disrespect and insult someone, claiming it's an "opinion" and then cry intolerance when called on it. Just as I'd expect to be called on it if I said, "people who believe in some zombie that rose from the dead and who are ritually cannibalistic by eating symbolic flesh and blood CLEARLY have some childhood trauma that drives them to believe those things."

It's an offensive and intolerant opinion... and it doesn't deserve to BE tolerated.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:26 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
Quote:

You'd be better of leaving too at this point Lisa - since we aren't slaves and don't have to volunteer to stick around for a verbal beating
Cosign.

I'll probably be vanilla, and I'll proudly where the badge of intolerance for such an offensive relationship.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:31 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Cosign.

I'll probably be vanilla, and I'll proudly where the badge of intolerance for such an offensive relationship.

I have no problem with people who are in vanilla relationships.I never came here looking for tolerance but I do expect people to be civil and not imply that I am the victim of abuse when I am not.Respect is a two way street so I hope we can all just white wash this thread and start over.I don't really wish to go making any enemies here.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
[Y]ou can't be devoted to and invested emotionally with someone and yet have an essentially open relationship where you just wouldn't care because you aren't *jealous*. Hey, if you wouldn't worry about someone screwing other people and just maybe replacing you then I'm not sure just how emotionally invested you are.
This may be true for you, and that's fine, but it's not true for everyone.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:36 PM

548 posts, read 1,479,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'll meet you at the boat if you'll share those threesome stories and then we can discuss any current experiences you've contemplated.
Well, that is quite the invitation. We are practically neighbors, too. Unfortunately my hubby wouldn't be too fond of that idea, so I have to decline.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:43 PM

78,373 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This may be true for you, and that's fine, but it's not true for everyone.
So, you can care about someone and want them in your life....but if they happen to take off on you then that's ok too is what I'm hearing.

I wrote a lot of comments directed to the OP offering some *suggestions* and observations and certainly that poster may or may not agree with them and I absolutely do not think I was right about it all.

However, I tried to speak honestly to the OP rather than just hanging back and sniping at 5% of the content of other posters. My advice for many around here would be to add your own insights to the thread rather than tearing apart everyone elses.

By default, I'm assuming the 95% non-criticized content was good eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships