Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
many heroin addicts are not in therapy bek their lives suit them just fine. that does not mean heroin is good for you.
That's a non sequitur, but OK. I dislike heroin too.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:21 PM

396 posts, read 732,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
many heroin addicts are not in therapy bek their lives suit them just fine. that does not mean heroin is good for you.
Oh good lord.

So now a consensual relationship style is on par with heroin? Really? Are you just grasping at straws or do you actually think any of what you're saying is even remotely logical?

Please, PLEASE explain to us exactly how these two are comparable. In what ways, specifically, do these relationships harm people? We know for a fact that heroin physically damages the body. It isn't a "maybe this will damage me, maybe it won't" thing... it will. First time you use it, it's causing damage. Observable, recorded, identifiable damage. To everyone who uses it.

Please do, in your infinite professional experience, explain how these relationships are doing the same.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:28 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I went and sought out this relationship from an experienced Dom because I wanted it. I love to be controlled and dominated.Why shouldn't I be with a man who is willing to give me everything I want? Is it so wrong that I know what I like and am willing to seek it out?We all have our limits and my SO and I set up those boundaries before anything took place.
Most people believe that forms of "extreme" deviance from the norm (sexually or appearance or anything) is because of some life trauma. But some people who are "deviant" have not had life or childhood trauma. And some who are not deviant have had a life or childhood trauma, but people mostly ignore those facts.

Some people still think that about gays and lesbians...

While self exploration and "checking yourself" every now and then is good and healthy, constantly wondering why you like what you like or why you are who you are starts to let others' opinions unravel your core self.

There's really no way to determine if every single thing about you or every single thing you like is a result of that trauma. You are who you are and if you truly deep down don't feel that it's a problem, I don't know why anyone should see anything wrong with it.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:33 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Anyone else noticing that the OP is not posting?

Old 07-14-2010, 07:38 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I think her OP has been resolved.

Quote:
First of all I confessed everything to him after he came home from work and we got settled in for the evening.I have no ability to keep a secret from my Master if my life depended on it.Instantly he told me to sit and then him and his best friend went and talked.I figured I was done for as I had clearly violated his trust so badly.He sent our friends home and I knew that it was not going to go well for me.He surprised me though.We sat down together and we discussed this together and although I was punished last night for what I had done by going behind his back he has kindly agreed that I can indeed sleep with my best friend on the condition that both of our Masters get to watch and we can only get together when they allow it which is perfectly fine with all of us.So it worked out in the grand scheme of things but I can promise that I won't be dishonoring my Master again anytime soon.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:44 PM

396 posts, read 732,764 times
A little anecdotal story...

At 18, I decided that the smartest thing I could do was enlist in the Navy. I very much wanted to go to college and pursue a degree in Fire Science... my career plan was to become a firefighter, and to some day be an arson investigator perhaps.

I came from a very wealthy background. My parents were snobs. Their friends were snobs. As a child, personal dinners with members of congress, judges, and CEOs of major corporations were not at all unusual. People the press follows around like hounds. The dirty secrets among these individuals are staggering, but that's for another discussion.

When I announced my intentions, my parents and their pals were horrified. I chose the military, initially, because it was the only way I could actually PAY to get the degree I so desperately wanted, to get on the career path that would make me happy. My parents weren't going to pay a dime towards that, so I had to do it myself.

I got a lot of flak... I mean, I wasn't even doing something socially acceptable like trying to get into Annapolis or some crap. I was going into basic, as an enlisted, straight out of high school.

Now I suspect that among most members of this forum, the military and a career as a firefighter is a pretty decent and acceptable path. I don't doubt that most of you, if not all, would be very supportive of children, friends, etc. following such a path. From your perspective, it would perhaps even be admirable.

From theirs, it was anything but... and the ridiculous garbage that was spewed in an attempt to get me to see things their way was quite epic.

Perspective matters.

They rolled out statistic after statistic... how many people died serving their country, percentage of deaths or addictions or suicides among firefighters. You name it. They had all sorts of "reasonable" things to tell me about why my chosen path was just wrong. And from their perspective, it was.

Perspective matters.

The thing is, they were right in some ways. People do die in those fields. Addictions happen. Suicide happens. Absolutely, those things happen. To some.

But that doesn't make the path automatically the wrong one... and I'd wager that at least a few of the people I helped over the years were rather glad I'd chosen it.

From their perspective, I'm sure they see nothing but the positives of my choice.

Perspective matters.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:42 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,298,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post

Master came home for the evening and I needed to tend to him.I can't be online all of the time.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
On the other hand, you might be able to live your dream by tapping upon your creative juices and do the smart thing :
Ask your lady friend, to have her guy call (or text) to your guy, something like: "Hey, why don't you and Maria come
by for a little get-together on Saturday afternoon, We can watch the ballgame (that wouldn't be a lie, unless he asks,
who is ballin'?).You almost need to liquor him up, put on Victoria's most revealing secret, head over to your BGF's place,
where all four of you can turn on the mood music, fire-up a big fat-ass blunt and...GET DOWN!

Trust me Maria, these things seem to always find a way to work themselves out.

I am the only one who likes baseball,we do not drink heavily and we certainly do not use any kind of illicit substances so that just wouldn't work out.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:52 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
I have been in a sub/dom relationship for two years now and my SO and I have enjoyed a great relationship thus far.However I have had a lesbian attraction to one of my girlfriends for years and I confessed to her about it and she feels the same way.She is also in a sub/dom relationship and she talked with her partner about it and he says he would be fine if we were to act on our feelings just so long as he got to watch which is fine with both of us.I still need to break this to my SO though and I am not sure how he would take it if I told him that I have bi sexual tendancies.I have never had feelings for any other woman before so it would be with just this woman exclusively.

So my question to the men here is this. : How would you take it if your SO told you that she wanted to sleep with her best friend and how should she go about telling you?

P.S. - I am new to this forum so sorry if this post breaks any kind of decency rules.
Divorce your husband and do what you will.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Divorce your husband and do what you will.

We are not married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships