Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 06:45 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times

Advertisements

Sub/Dom relationship? What the hell? Do you tell people with a straight face that you are in a slave/master relationship? Now, you want to sleep with your best friend? I think some therapy here is way overdue, what is this world coming to?!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Again, same thing I asked of the other posters who stated something as factual - source this. Prove your assertion. Saying it does not make it so. Where did you obtain this information? Who conducted the study? What was the statistical sample?
personal experience and many professional friends in the MHS business.
multiple counselors and counselor directors in EAP and marriage and family counseling. you may DM me-- i dont flash credentials on a public forum. swinging is a devastating social experiment. your best friend uses your love to betray you by forcing you to do something utterly contrary to your own core values. takes years of therapy to even begin to undo the damage.
good ol home grown sheer evil.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-14-2010 at 07:56 PM..

Old 07-14-2010, 06:56 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
I didn't know you were only 23 years old. Sorry. I hope life ends up working out for you.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
On the other hand, you might be able to live your dream by tapping upon your creative juices and do the smart thing :
Ask your lady friend, to have her guy call (or text) to your guy, something like: "Hey, why don't you and Maria come
by for a little get-together on Saturday afternoon, We can watch the ballgame (that wouldn't be a lie, unless he asks,
who is ballin'?).You almost need to liquor him up, put on Victoria's most revealing secret, head over to your BGF's place,
where all four of you can turn on the mood music, fire-up a big fat-ass blunt and...GET DOWN!

Trust me Maria,
these things seem to always find a way to work themselves out.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:01 PM

396 posts, read 732,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
multiple counselors and counselor directors in EAP and marriage and family counseling. you may DM me-- i dont flash credentials on a public forum. swinging is a devestating social experiment. your best friend uses your love to betray you by forcing you to do something utterly contrary to your own core values. takes years of therapy to even begin to undo the damage.
So in other words, nothing but an opinion. No actual facts. No verifiable statistics.

Right. Gotcha.

Do you remember the opinions of those same types of professionals about things like masturbation, female orgasms, or even homosexuality?

Your credentials don't actually matter, particularly given the fact that it's easy to find someone with the same or even better credentials to refute you. He said/she said. Opinions. Not facts.

Prove your assertion. If this is such a devastating social experiment as you claim, surely someone has proven that by now?

Old 07-14-2010, 07:09 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Oh!We are not friends with benefits we are mutually exclusive with one another.
I know, I just threw out an example of something that most people think is on the tamer side of freaky but people here aren't too understanding about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I have not formulated a plan as to how to ask him.
Good luck

Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 PM

396 posts, read 732,522 times
Quote:
multiple counselors and counselor directors in EAP and marriage and family counseling. you may DM me-- i dont flash credentials on a public forum. swinging is a devestating social experiment. your best friend uses your love to betray you by forcing you to do something utterly contrary to your own core values. takes years of therapy to even begin to undo the damage.
Just to give perspective on the value of these professional opinions...

Asserting that swinging is a devastating social experiment, based on the people those in the mental health field come into contact with, is about on par with asserting that the global population is schizophrenic or bipolar based solely on the people the mental health field is counseling.

It is a field where contact with individuals is almost entirely based on those individuals actually having a problem. Now, the smart person looks at the rest of the functioning world and says, "well obviously the entire population isn't schizophrenic. Look at all these people going about their lives, obviously doing just fine." And so we understand that just because the people the therapist sees during work hours are mentally ill, that doesn't mean the population as whole is.

With something like swinging, or most alternative lifestyles, you instead jump to the conclusion that because the people seen IN therapy are issue-laden, everyone else involved in those lifestyles must be as well?

That is so completely illogical as to just be absurd.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Someone mentioned Loveline earlier--it's a radio show where people call in with questions about sex. It's safe to assume that many of the callers have problems because they are calling in because of their problems. It's the same with therapy, counseling, EAP: those people are there because they are unhappy. You seem to be ignoring the people who are not in therapy because their lives suit them just fine.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Someone mentioned Loveline earlier--it's a radio show where people call in with questions about sex. It's safe to assume that many of the callers have problems because they are calling in because of their problems. It's the same with therapy, counseling, EAP: those people are there because they are unhappy. You seem to be ignoring the people who are not in therapy because their lives suit them just fine.
many heroin addicts are not in therapy bek " their lives suit them just fine". that does not mean heroin is good for you. but the drug addict will argue that it is, as will the sex addict argue that swinging is good for him and his unwilling spouse.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Just to give perspective on the value of these professional opinions...

Asserting that swinging is a devastating social experiment, based on the people those in the mental health field come into contact with, is about on par with asserting that the global population is schizophrenic or bipolar based solely on the people the mental health field is counseling.

It is a field where contact with individuals is almost entirely based on those individuals actually having a problem. Now, the smart person looks at the rest of the functioning world and says, "well obviously the entire population isn't schizophrenic. Look at all these people going about their lives, obviously doing just fine." And so we understand that just because the people the therapist sees during work ours are mentally ill, that doesn't mean the population as whole is.

With something like swinging, or most alternative lifestyles, you instead jump to the conclusion that because the people seen IN therapy are issue-laden, everyone else involved in those lifestyles must be as well.
Jinx!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.