Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 02:24 PM

155 posts, read 222,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
Single mothers often use phrases like my kids come first. I've read and heard that enough to know single mothers are only good for a booty call, and often not even that. I don't take them seriously.

This post lets you out of the good man category anyway, so don't worry about dating single moms. They will be better off without you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 02:28 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelk316 View Post
I recently broke up with my boyfriend with whom I had a child with.
My mother was lecturing me today and she basically said that I am tarnished and no good men would want me so I should never date again.
But mostly I fear having men around my daughter which is the reason i am going let her father have custody of her.
Now i feel im going to be alone for the rest of my life.

What do you guys think about single mothers and dating.
Dating shouldn't be a priority for you. If you cannot handle "being alone" you have a problem. If you fear having men around your daughter, you could easily NOT have men around her. But if that's impossible and or depressing for you, then yeah, you should let your ex take your child because you don't care about her enough to change your actions based on the fact that you're a mother.

Really sad.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:29 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
No life is not over for single mothers...I hope none of them truly feel this way.

I like kids, and many of my guy friends do too. I am not going to punish you for a "mistake," because I don't think raising a child should ever be looked on that way.

I want to have kids someday. I want a woman that is motherly. Being a mother already would be a way for me to see how she is with kids. Obviously if she doesn't want anymore that is an issue. Being motherly is something I look for in women.

Hi JSizzle225,

In other words, given your goals in life, you are pursuing self interest. That is all it ever is, and its worked well longer than the wheel.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
I find it absolutely OK that she wants to find a new boyfriend or even husband. Just because she is a mother doesn't mean she ceased to be a woman. If she had a nicer mother she could leave the child with her once or twice a week and go out alone. It is better for a child when they grow up with a father AND a mother, anyway.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I find it absolutely OK that she wants to find a new boyfriend or even husband. Just because she is a mother doesn't mean she ceased to be a woman. If she had a nicer mother she could leave the child with her once or twice a week and go out alone. It is better for a child when they grow up with a father AND a mother, anyway.
Hi Neuling,

She can always ask which baby sitter the single father she may want to date is using.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Neuling,

She can always ask which baby sitter the single father she may want to date is using.
He he, I hope she doesn't limit her interest to single fathers.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
My mother was lecturing me today and she basically said that I am tarnished and no good men would want me so I should never date again.
But mostly I fear having men around my daughter which is the reason i am going let her father have custody of her.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but I must say I've never met a woman who willingly gave up custody of her child who wasn't a straight up loser. Drug problems, mental problems, sexual problems... There's always more to the story.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:09 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:

So.....you think that living with her father, there will be no men around your daughter? HUH??? Your husband has friends I presume.

Lots and lots of women have children and get married. That shouldn't stop you from finding a man. Next time, however, you might consider being married before you have a child.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Now that I have read the thread, I can say that all the women (and occasional man) who claim that being a single mom isn't a liability is delusional. Of course it's a strike against you, unless you lie about your true situation. These are the same people who will claimthat being fat isn't a liability, and that everyone who rejects you for it is isn't a "good" man. Please! It's a jungle, people like what they like, and most men would prefer a woman without kids because it's easier that way. Everyone prefers a no-baggage situation, that's jet he way it is. Accept it and know you must bring more to the table to make up for his handicap. I have my own dating handicaps to deal with. That's life!

Old 07-16-2010, 03:41 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
Quote:

To be honest the biggest problem you might have is that fact that you are willing to give up your daughter. There must be more to the story. No mother I know would not give up her child without a fight. Most men would want to know the whole story. Yes, men have the right to refuse to date a woman with a child. However, a man that is willing to care for a child that is not his would be a real keeper in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships