Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 11:37 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi NotARedneck,

Then there is the linguistically challenged who may miss the meaning of the word roughly. The real issue is the custodial parent which is by and large women. I would still consider that there are many men in the dating pool who do pay child support and are otherwise in a child's life. I doubt that there is a large number of men who have fathered 10 children with 5 different women. Yes there are some.
No, the 80/20 rule is at work here, probably even more than under more normal circumstances. Since many of these fathers are financial "losers", very often, women don't even make the slightest effort to hold them accountable, thereby freeing them up for their next "adventure".

When one goes through child welfare files (nearly all such children are from single mothers) , it is astonishing what a large percentage have "father unknown" in their file. In other cases, his location is unknown. Usually it is not considered worthwhile to track him down.

Before I get angry responses, I am aware that not all single mothers are like this. However, when I was involved with this audit, we were astounded that children comprising nearly 5% of the population were at least being monitored by child welfare. And NO, this wasn't the slums in some big, poor eastern US city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I question how women end up long term with men that are self centered controlling jerks....what about the glorious 100 page checklist that women have? Doesn't it include no long term relationships with selfish control freaks? Women can have a height requirement and a bachelors degree requirement but they don't have a no selfish controlling jerks requirement?

Meanwhile there's guys out there that can't get a second date or make it to first base with a multitude of women...these are the guys that "aren't" selfish control freaks but women will write them off for not matching their college education requirement or their height requirement. Face it women today have no idea how to pick their men, then amazingly they initiate the majority of divorces.
A rare moment of lucidity on here.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
You'll also notice, that in most cases, if a woman is with an abusive or controlling guy, those will be the LONGEST relationships she has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Probably because he has threatened her life or family if she tries to leave.
I KNEW there was a big mistake that I was making!

LOL

Old 07-23-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I get so tired of people who say you wouldn't have ended up with the wrong person if you had just done your homework.
That's because you didn't do your homework. Making a good decision takes both time and discipline and for most people, these are two things they won't embrace. "Then, its not my fault - s/he changed!" when in fact, it was obvious to everyone else!

Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
So women who like thuggish men, or always wind up with them for "some reason" are thugs themselves.
For women, the use of shaming language is their way of being thuggish. Since they cannot treat decent men with basic respect, they need a man who has no compunction about pushing them around and will not tolerate the low blows and nasty comments.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Y'all aren't doomed, but you have to adjust expectations. You are asking a man to raise another mans kids -- and if you think otherwise you are in denial.
It's not denial at all. More like:

"Yeah but they are such great kids. Look at where they got their genes. If my ex wasn't selflessly thinking about spreading his seed with other deserving women, I'm sure he'd be at my side and where would that leave a loser like you?"

Old 07-24-2010, 12:16 AM

627 posts, read 1,295,413 times
Firstly - There's absolutely nothing at all wrong with your daughter living with her Father as you are both EQUAL - 100%/100% partners in her life.

As far as you being "doomed" - it is up to you to decide. With all respect due to your mom, she does not dictate your life.. you do.

Your opinion of yourself is more important than anyone else's opinion of you.

If you believe you are doomed - you are.

If you believe you ooze sensuality and beauty and are the epitome of femininity, capable of making any man stop in his tracks - that's who you are.

You also have the ability to attract a man that is all you want in a man.

Han

Old 07-24-2010, 01:14 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
Firstly - There's absolutely nothing at all wrong with your daughter living with her Father as you are both EQUAL - 100%/100% partners in her life.

As far as you being "doomed" - it is up to you to decide. With all respect due to your mom, she does not dictate your life.. you do.

Your opinion of yourself is more important than anyone else's opinion of you.

If you believe you are doomed - you are.

If you believe you ooze sensuality and beauty and are the epitome of femininity, capable of making any man stop in his tracks - that's who you are.

You also have the ability to attract a man that is all you want in a man.

Han
I wanna be a millionaire, soo frickin bad.....

Old 07-24-2010, 10:56 PM

627 posts, read 1,295,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
I wanna be a millionaire, soo frickin bad.....
I'll make sure to let you know when I move my first mountain but I think you'll hear about it before that.

Han

Old 07-25-2010, 01:46 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Haven't read the whole thread yet, but I must say I've never met a woman who willingly gave up custody of her child who wasn't a straight up loser. Drug problems, mental problems, sexual problems... There's always more to the story.
I have. I personally work with a gal who did that. She didn't have the means to support her 2 sons in our high cost of living area. She didn't get along with the father, but gave up custody to the dad because she knew he was a good father to the two sons.

Personally, I think she made the best possible decision, given the circumstances. Although, I agree, maybe this gal I work with is the exception to the rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships