Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:09 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times

Advertisements

She is mean and materialistic. What do you like about her again?
A woman derserving of being "sprug" over doesn't say that your complete love and devotion is not enough or that your gifts are not enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Boodhabunny summed it up for me. Relationships just aren't this difficult and if they are, they are not healthy. There were several red flags for me reading it on both of your sides. To me it just spells out that both of you have a lot of growing up to do.

The point is, you are working way too hard and there is way too much drama in what you have told us. I think it's time you cut her loose, you take some alone time for you and really evaluate yourself, your life, your dreams, etc then start over.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:42 AM

22 posts, read 46,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Boodhabunny summed it up for me. Relationships just aren't this difficult and if they are, they are not healthy. There were several red flags for me reading it on both of your sides. To me it just spells out that both of you have a lot of growing up to do.

The point is, you are working way too hard and there is way too much drama in what you have told us. I think it's time you cut her loose, you take some alone time for you and really evaluate yourself, your life, your dreams, etc then start over.

Yea I like the way you put that.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:46 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Stop trying to make round pegs fit into square holes.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
It sounds like you are infatuated with this woman (she's your day and night, your seasons, your world, your everything? huh??) and trying to buy her love with bags and rings and trips. It won't work.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It sounds like you are infatuated with this woman (she's your day and night, your seasons, your world, your everything? huh??) and trying to buy her love with bags and rings and trips. It won't work.
I really dont think so... I have the option of being infatuated with women that have a lot more going than she does. All the feelings that I have for her are off purely me liking who I thought she was when we met.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:05 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Infatuation: a foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:39 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe3161 View Post
[SIZE=3][font=Calibri] she is set on ALL OR NOTHING and I don’t think it’s fair.
As an "all or nothing" type of person myself, I agree with her. Anything else is a complete waste of her time.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:39 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
So, the lady in question would rather have an emotionally happy and healthy relationship than LV bags and a man who picks fights with her and gets tempted by other women when he travels alone. GOOD FOR HER.

Straight talk: She probably doesn't want to mooch off you--er, accept your benevolent generosity--because the "negativity" you've incurred in your relationship leads her to believe that you would hold it over her head.

Given that you "find it harder to say No Thanks" when you go away and a "chick" invites you to dinner and drinks in her room "or something," I'd say you are unstable and untrustworthy enough that she could be onto something. A man in love does not entertain thoughts of accepting invitations from other women, whether he is officially in a relationship with the woman he loves or not.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited by Yzette; 08-23-2010 at 12:49 PM..

Old 08-23-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
So, the lady in question would rather have an emotionally happy and healthy relationship than LV bags and a man who picks fights with her and gets tempted by other women when he travels alone. GOOD FOR HER.

Straight talk: She probably doesn't want to mooch off you--er, accept your benevolent generosity--because the "negativity" you've incurred in your relationship leads her to believe that you would hold it over her head.

Given that you "find it harder to say No Thanks" when you go away and a "chick" invites you to dinner and drinks in her room "or something," I'd say you are unstable and untrustworthy enough that she could be onto something. A man in love does not entertain thoughts of accepting invitations from other women, whether he is officially in a relationship with the woman he loves or not.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
yea you strike good points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships