Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:33 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
So, the lady in question would rather have an emotionally happy and healthy relationship than LV bags and a man who picks fights with her and gets tempted by other women when he travels alone. GOOD FOR HER.

Straight talk: She probably doesn't want to mooch off you--er, accept your benevolent generosity--because the "negativity" you've incurred in your relationship leads her to believe that you would hold it over her head.

Given that you "find it harder to say No Thanks" when you go away and a "chick" invites you to dinner and drinks in her room "or something," I'd say you are unstable and untrustworthy enough that she could be onto something. A man in love does not entertain thoughts of accepting invitations from other women, whether he is officially in a relationship with the woman he loves or not.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
? But she says she could get bigger better and more gifts from other guys..which to me sounds like he isn't buying her enough stuff, not that she doesn't want to mooch. Maybe I'm interpreting that wrong..?
But I agree that if it was real love he wouldn't be thinking about doing stuff with other girls. That makes it sound like the infatuation is wearing off and he's starting to get bored/annoyed with how much work it is to keep this girl nagging for gifts only 50% of the time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 03:28 PM

22 posts, read 46,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
? But she says she could get bigger better and more gifts from other guys..which to me sounds like he isn't buying her enough stuff, not that she doesn't want to mooch. Maybe I'm interpreting that wrong..?
But I agree that if it was real love he wouldn't be thinking about doing stuff with other girls. That makes it sound like the infatuation is wearing off and he's starting to get bored/annoyed with how much work it is to keep this girl nagging for gifts only 50% of the time...
Yea I wont lie, I am getting bored seeing other people doing more in their relationships with less and I have so much potential to do things with a partner that doesnt happen in this relationship.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:53 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
I tried to fix the post. Didn't touch the punctuation and grammar, but hopefully it will be easier to understand, now.

Edit: nevermind, OP already went through it. =P Ignore this post.
"Anyway I just feel like I'm at a point where I love her and I want to be with her God knows, but I pretty much find it harder to say No Thanks every time I go away and chick invites me to dinner and drinks in her room or something. So I don’t want to lose her and I don’t want to cheat on her. She knows I just want to be friends for now so I can figure things out."

Translation- I would like to try out the "chicks" who invite me to dinner and drinks in their rooms or something. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I want to lose her completely and would rather not be a cheater. So I would like us to be friends so I can remain in her life should I decide the "chicks" weren't that great after all and I can be poised to re-enter her life.

Will it be OK if she checks out some roosters while you are checking out the chicks?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
"Anyway I just feel like I'm at a point where I love her and I want to be with her God knows, but I pretty much find it harder to say No Thanks every time I go away and chick invites me to dinner and drinks in her room or something. So I don’t want to lose her and I don’t want to cheat on her. She knows I just want to be friends for now so I can figure things out."

Translation- I would like to try out the "chicks" who invite me to dinner and drinks in their rooms or something. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I want to lose her completely and would rather not be a cheater. So I would like us to be friends so I can remain in her life should I decide the "chicks" weren't that great after all and I can be poised to re-enter her life.

Will it be OK if she checks out some roosters while you are checking out the chicks?
Yes it would because I value having the bond that we had when we first met and was just friends than anything else at this point

Old 08-25-2010, 05:04 PM

I am still stuck and dont know what to do with this situation. Everyone is telling me to let her go and move on but one person made a lot of sense telling me that what everyoe else tells you should do should never matter when you love someone and you have to follow your heart cause at the end you need to say to yourself u made the right choice for yourself on your own and not took everyones advice who promised you that eventually you would be ok.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:29 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe3161 View Post
I am still stuck and dont know what to do with this situation. Everyone is telling me to let her go and move on but one person made a lot of sense telling me that what everyoe else tells you should do should never matter when you love someone and you have to follow your heart cause at the end you need to say to yourself u made the right choice for yourself on your own and not took everyones advice who promised you that eventually you would be ok.
I don't think you're in love with her and I don't think she's in love with you. You both have a lot of growing up to do and what's simply happening now is the infatuation is wearing off and the reality is setting in. Usually happens after about a year or so of dating, nothing unusual in that at all. You're finding things out about each other that you don't particularly care for and although you might yearn to go back to the beginning when you were "friends" that isn't going to happen. It doesn't work that way.

Whatever you decide to do, I'd caution you about blowing your money on $10K rings and LV bags bought directly from the factory in Italy. Such lavishness doesn't demonstrate that you're a man - just that you're foolhardy and not very good with money. Cheers and good luck.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I don't think you're in love with her and I don't think she's in love with you. You both have a lot of growing up to do and what's simply happening now is the infatuation is wearing off and the reality is setting in. Usually happens after about a year or so of dating, nothing unusual in that at all. You're finding things out about each other that you don't particularly care for and although you might yearn to go back to the beginning when you were "friends" that isn't going to happen. It doesn't work that way.

Whatever you decide to do, I'd caution you about blowing your money on $10K rings and LV bags bought directly from the factory in Italy. Such lavishness doesn't demonstrate that you're a man - just that you're foolhardy and not very good with money. Cheers and good luck.
I respect what your saying, makes a lot of sense.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:13 PM

luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships