Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:12 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times

Advertisements

Tribute only to an Ex? That wouldn't be cool unless she was like tragically killed.

I don't like tattoos...but the only ones I think would be good would be like a tribute to a family member.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 12:18 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
So I was watching LA Ink tonight and a guy came into the shop to get a tattoo of his dead ex-girlfriend on his chest

Even if you're into tattoos would you want to date someone who had an ex's face/name on their body, even if that person is now deceased?

I wouldn't - it would give me the creeps I think. Not to mention I could never feel like I was a number one priority in his life if he's still obsessed over a former love and shows it by permanently inking her face on his chest
They wouldn't bother me. At least they are thought out and not just some lame unoriginal crap like you see in the peopleofwalmart.com pics. (Maori tribal designs on the arm, generic tramp stamp etc etc.)

I guess I view it as a sweet gesture from the heart and thus much better than a big-ass tattoo of Nickelback that they were "really into" for about 18 months back during the Bush administration.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:23 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They wouldn't bother me. At least they are thought out and not just some lame unoriginal crap like you see in the peopleofwalmart.com pics. (Maori tribal designs on the arm, generic tramp stamp etc etc.)

I guess I view it as a sweet gesture from the heart and thus much better than a big-ass tattoo of Nickelback that they were "really into" for about 18 months back during the Bush administration.

Bwaahahaaha! Peopleofwalmart.com LOL That is hilarious - reminded me to mention that my SO and I went to the local Walmart in the town we bought a house in (closing is in Sept) and ALL I could think was, "don't drink the water, don't drink the water". I'm convinced that the website is filmed entirely there LOL

Old 08-25-2010, 12:33 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,045 times
I saw that episode, and normally I wouldn't even have my woman's name tatted on my body, but I saw this guys' point. He was truly in love with his woman who passed suddenly. I could see why he did it, but in time he may live to regret it.

Quote:
So I was watching LA Ink tonight and a guy came into the shop to get a tattoo of his dead ex-girlfriend on his chest

Even if you're into tattoos would you want to date someone who had an ex's face/name on their body, even if that person is now deceased?

I wouldn't - it would give me the creeps I think. Not to mention I could never feel like I was a number one priority in his life if he's still obsessed over a former love and shows it by permanently inking her face on his chest

Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
Had a buddy years ago that had his ex-wife's name tattooed on his upper arm. He met this girl and they started dating. She didn't say a word about the tattoo until they started living together/sleeping together. She told him that she had completely tired of sleeping with his ex's name looking at her every night and whenever they had sex. He understood and for a wedding gift to her, had the tattoo redone. They've been married now for 25 plus years.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:10 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,552,647 times
Default Tribute Tattoos - a turnoff?

My husband has a tribute tattoo, a good friend of his (his intrest in her was more than hers was with him) died suddenly in an auto accident 15 minutes after they talked on the phone. At first the tatoo bothered me, but now I understand how much she meant to him, and time is a healer, and time has healed. I am the number 1 in his life and I always will be. I'm not jealous of a tattoo, my husband has me in his heart and I know that, he shows me in so many ways .

Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Bwaahahaaha! Peopleofwalmart.com LOL That is hilarious - reminded me to mention that my SO and I went to the local Walmart in the town we bought a house in (closing is in Sept) and ALL I could think was, "don't drink the water, don't drink the water". I'm convinced that the website is filmed entirely there LOL
Yeah, it's a great website.

Last time I was at walmart I saw a DEAD RINGER of my father riding a assistance scooter there. He is exactly what my dad would look like if he never exercised and put on 150lbs. It was actually pretty scary.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:

Don't you have a full sized tattoo of your beloved cat Snookums (RIP) on your back? I can't find the thread where you told us that for some reason.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:01 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
The idea strikes me as being kind of an inappropriate way to honor and remember someone but I realize that different people their own sense of what it means to them. I don't really care for it but I wouldn't criticize someone who had chosen to have that type of tattoo.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:03 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
No thanks.

I don't want to look at a hairy pic of your ex every time you take your clothes off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships