Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,489,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
But how do you find a man??? Ok you go out, even in a social settting and no one approaches you. You go home to your cats and then what?? What is a gal to do?? Any suggestions....I agree that you can't sit at home and wait on UPS to deliver
I eagerly await your response to the suggestion that your friends may be lesbians. You seem to be avoiding it.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,645,240 times
Quote:
But how do you find a man??? Ok you go out, even in a social settting and no one approaches you. You go home to your cats and then what?? What is a gal to do?? Any suggestions....I agree that you can't sit at home and wait on UPS to deliver
Then you need to approach them. That doesn't mean you have to ask them out or anything. But maybe just striking up conversation, even light flirting with someone you're interested in, something that conveys to the man that you're interested and that if he were to ask you out, you would say yes. As for meeting men in the first place, you have to figure out what kind of man you're looking for and then figure out where he'll be. For example, if you're trying to meet a guy who's into art, then go to exhibits at the art gallery. If you want a meet a guy who's into biking, join a biking club. And so forth.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,601 times
Quote:
Good lord, there used to be books written back years ago for techniques for how women can hunt up a husband. Maybe the concept has been lost with the passage of time.

First off what does the women in question have to offer? She must make herself appealing, not to other women (unless she swings that way), but to the kind of guy she wants. Second she should study her prey. Know where the local watering holes are, places they go out to feed and recreate. The knowledge of use of bait and group hunts can be effective.

Once a potential victim (I mean relationship material) is identified she needs to move in for the kill. She should know that she may only get one shot and thus she should make it the best she can. Most of all she must realize you can not win the lottery if you do not buy a ticket.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
That one I think doesn't want kids and is happy with her cats come to think of it. I just think how can they not go mad after not being kissed, hugged or touched by a man in 10 plus years. I can't understand it. NO they are FAR from lesbians.....
And how do you know this? If they have not been touched by a man in over 10 years they arent interested in men or just arent interested in a relationship.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:13 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Good lord, there used to be books written back years ago for techniques for how women can hunt up a husband. Maybe the concept has been lost with the passage of time.
Maybe they should just whistle at random handsome men. I hear it is a great attention getter and should be taken as the highest compliment. Such behavior should snag them a husband.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:18 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Maybe they should just whistle at random handsome men. I hear it is a great attention getter and should be taken as the highest compliment. Such behavior should snag them a husband.
Works for me.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I eagerly await your response to the suggestion that your friends may be lesbians. You seem to be avoiding it.
If you read my replies you would find the answer.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 AM

116 posts, read 251,522 times
Professional studentry are unattractive. I'd also bet many of those women have piles of student loans to be paid off, which is also very unattractive.

I'd date a woman like that for a while, but I wouldn't want to become a co-signer to her debt.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
It seems from what I read here on C_D that a lot of men are more reluctant than women are to get married. There are plenty of reasons. That leaves many traditional minded women in the lurch. I don't think they're too picky, it's just that the pickings are slim.

Of course, not all women feel like they HAVE to get married. And those who don't go on to achieve other things in life. But I know there are many who wouldn't mind having a faithful partner around for the good things in life, regardless of the whole marriage issue.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And how do you know this? If they have not been touched by a man in over 10 years they arent interested in men or just arent interested in a relationship.
We talk and they share what has happened. They often discuss what they would like to do with their mates in the future. That is how I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships