Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 08:36 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Are they interested in any other activities besides church? Maybe a sport or something? Have they considered volunteering? Maybe if they focus on just meeting people instead of finding a mate they will have better luck.

Of course this applies to your friends that don't require the $50,000 ring.
The depressed one prefers to stay home, and as I mentioned earlier We have to pry her off the couch to get her to go out. My other down to earth 38 year old one is usually game for fun things I suggest. Yes she volunteers and helps recovering addicts in prison and teaches them in prison and really enjoys that. She is gorgeous but has the east coast NY don't mess with me boldness and can handle that volunteering. Men do drool over her because she does resemble Alicia Keys but with a shorter hair cut. She is the one that throws the southern men off because she has alot of NY in her

The doctor is a homebody and loves to be around mom and dad and doesn't go out much at all...I don't get it at times...This one is gorgeous--she has had chances but they were not on her level in many ways. Mom and dad didn't approve.

The one who has the cash for the 50K ring is pretty social and travels alone abroad often, I couldn't do that, but hey. She goes to Christian singles events, but hasn't met anyone plus there are barely any men who show up at this event, also a man would have to be very strong to be with her because she has a very high end car and has a powerful position(into power trips I noticed lately) so out of all them I don't forsee her finding what she desires and I think she knows that.

The party girl does just that...party. But she is very unhappy because she wants to be married. And the online dating, partying thing gets old when you turn 32. She just finished grad school and wants to move out of state to find a man....But she is very social and at first glance men are drawn to her because she is that fiesty party in your mouth latina chick, but then a month or so in the relationship the men cheat and leave--I never understood why. She is not into religion so much. She is open to all races but seems like she is drawn towards whites or indians and she doesn't like latin or asian men.She is part Asian as welll.

The 40 year old I think has given up and doesn't go out much at all and when she does its in sweats and chapstick, I am very girly so I take her to get make overs, and she likes that but after the makeovers goes home and walks her dog, and watches lifetime because there isn't much to do.

She is successful and bright but I think she is saddened by the way she is single. I tend not to say if I am seeing anyone with her because I can hear the crack in her voice when I tell her.
The other women are strong when I tell them I am seeing someone this one congratulates but I can sense the sadness. I tried hooking her up but it didn't work out. I don't think he was interested--the guy was interested in me first, but I wasnt interested so I thought I could swing him her way...didn't work out.

But there are alot of single women out there over 30 its crazy, people whom aren't even friends just acuquaintances are in that predictament. I think most just wonder what they did wrong. And the ones I mentioned except for the latina chick is happy with being single somewhat.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 6,060 times
This is a great post that I have to respond to...I do not know that many unattached 30+ year olds but the ones I do have their issues. I have noticed the woman are so hard on themselves or expect someone perfect for them. If you are not putting yourself out there, do you really know what you want? Trying doing the opposite of what you think and see what happens.

I was married once and it simply did not work out but I enjoy being single. But, it is always best if you have someone you can enjoy stuff with. Yes, you need your alone time but it is so much more enjoyable with someone you care about. It is not easy meeting someone if your day consists of work, exercising, dinner, etc. The weekends are sometimes for catching up for laundry, bills, family commitments BUT you have to put yourself out there. Do not expect it to fall in your lap but have a positive attitude in life. Also, smile a lot because I think that is the one thing that catch someones attention anywhere.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:48 PM

93 posts, read 169,015 times
Quote:
In my experience the church is one of the worst places to meet men. The single men over 40 are usually:

recovering drug addicts/alcoholics

are players

or are gay.

The other men are already married or are in serious relationships. This includes the men who went through a divorce.
It's funny because this is a great source of frustration for me that the drug addicts/alcoholics/players seem to do just fine with women. While I live alone, support myself, haven't missed a day of work in 7 years and somehow I'm everything to women but the one. I know of someone who just got out of prison for the most appalling crime i can define, and he lands a good catch right away. I've seen this happen over and over in the last 10 years.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:52 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark303 View Post
It's funny because this is a great source of frustration for me that the drug addicts/alcoholics/players seem to do just fine with women. While I live alone, support myself, haven't missed a day of work in 7 years and somehow I'm everything to women but the one. I know of someone who just got out of prison for the most appalling crime i can define, and he lands a good catch right away. I've seen this happen over and over in the last 10 years.
Most likely this is because those guys are bold enough to step up to the plate in situations you shy away from.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:53 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,622,695 times
Some women do not want to get married-what's wrong with that? Dating is just fine for some women-I know plenty of single, educated, attractive women that are in no way looking to get married...

Old 09-17-2010, 01:12 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark303 View Post
Are you sure that these men are getting "good catches"? I can't imagine a "good catch" going for these type of men.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:21 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,354,821 times
Quote:
Are you sure that these men are getting "good catches"? I can't imagine a "good catch" going for these type of men.
I was thinking the same

Old 09-17-2010, 01:24 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,272,092 times

Oh my GAWD! A woman in her 30s or 40s who doesn't want to date or be married! A woman who doesn't want kids or a family! A woman who has her own life and career! A woman who enjoys peace and quiet and some solitude after a hard day of working her butt off at something she loves! A woman who--GASP--does not crave the same lifestyle you do!

[FONT=Arial Black]HORRORS![/FONT] What is this world coming to!?!

Old 09-17-2010, 01:29 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Oh my GAWD! A woman in her 30s or 40s who doesn't want to date or be married!

no, this is a thread about women who want to date and cannot find men that meet their standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
But all of the women I mentioned want marriage. I just don't know why they can't meet men.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:33 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,272,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Please help me understand this phenomena--Why are there so many single women over 30?? I know many who are gorgeous, talented, graduated from Universities--some undergrad and others grad school and they find themselves living alone in the home they own with a cat WHY?? They can't find a man to save their life...I don't get it. This is in Florida.

They are not high maintenance, very sweet and down to earth, as I mentioned before gorgeous...So what gives????

I know one who is 40 and NEVER has been married or have any kids. The others I mentioned above have not had children either. It is very sad to me. Most of them haven't dated in years..I'm talk 10 plus years!!!! I know they are very grounded in God and they say that is what keeps them sane---their faith. I commend that but I find that sad.

Most of them have had their heartbroken--so I don't know if they may have something to do with it. I have tried to intervene but it didn't work out. One of them who is 38 is sooooooooooo depressed she sounds suicidal at times. She will be on meds soon, but I can understand that pain of lonliness. I mean if they were unattractive perhaps I could understand then, but that isn't the case. And they are different ethnicities, black(very attractive), white(attractive), and latina(very very very attractive). For the most part, most are handling it well, but I just don't get it...any thoughts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
This thread is about women who want to date.

It sounds more like a judgment call to me. The OP mentioned one woman who was upset about her status. The rest was all the OP's opinion about "so many" women.

But by all means, let us know when you're a mod, Le Roi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships