Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 10:15 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
*Yawn*

Here we go again, another post in the "women are morons who are incapable of thinking" category.
Funny! I neither remember saying that nor alluding to it. Good thing because I find that patently false as well.

Methinks the brush doth spread overwide!

Old 09-20-2010, 10:32 AM

380 posts, read 795,932 times
So what everyone has to be dating or married to be happy and not feel alone???

Old 09-20-2010, 10:38 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Oh really and how many many do you think call their exes up for a quick night booty call i might ask? The pendulum swings both ways my friend...and generally us girls don't stray if we are happy at home. You are fine because you want an equal. But many guys have no issues with banging 40 girls....but get upset god forbid their gf had more then 3 partners

men are totallly different there is no sexual doubel standards, mommy's baby daddy's maybe

Old 09-20-2010, 10:50 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post

I am 47, never married and no kids. Honestly, I am happier to continue looking for the right relationship and being lonely from time to time than I was being in the wrong relationship. It sucks to be alone but I feel it's right for me, right now.

I have recently concluded that there are more available men at this age than there were when I was 35 -- thanks to divorces, I guess. And, many of these men, who are parents already, self-admittedly, don't want young women. The say that despite their youth and desirability, they can't keep up with them and they don't want more kids. A lot of them say they are looking for a soulmate with whom they can enjoy the rest of their lives. Rarely do I see men in their 40s hooking up with someone who is 25.

That being the case, just because you're not married at 30 (which IMO is still young), maybe you haven't "missed the boat."

Just my two cents ... I am sure people will disagree.
Thanks for your input on this thread.

Question: At 47, are you dating men in their 40s or older?

I can't speak on the 50+ set because I haven't gone there as of yet. But the men in their 40s in NYC... and by this I mean the "quality" ones, as in, gainfully employed and reasonable happy -- I don't hear any of them talking about finding a soulmate. Doesn't sound like guyspeak to me at all, but I'll let a man in that demographic speak to that.

I find that men in their 40s often just want to date around and have fun period, and are only willing to settle down if they should so happen to meet a woman who is extremely compelling. Otherwise, they want to have a great time and will do so with women aged 25 to their own age (if the woman still looks good). I suspect these guys are really really gun shy about getting married again. The ones who aren't get remarried very quickly after they get divorced.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:53 AM

380 posts, read 795,932 times
WHAT?? Make a choice?? My mother was the head nurse of her unit, did payroll, traveled to conferences, taught classes, her unit was one of the first units in the country to have artificial heart patients, and this was all before I went into middle school.

Sry but "having" to choose is a bunch of bs. End of story.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:18 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,548,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Please help me understand this phenomena--Why are there so many single women over 30?? I know many who are gorgeous, talented, graduated from Universities--some undergrad and others grad school and they find themselves living alone in the home they own with a cat WHY?? They can't find a man to save their life...I don't get it. This is in Florida.

They are not high maintenance, very sweet and down to earth, as I mentioned before gorgeous...So what gives????

I know one who is 40 and NEVER has been married or have any kids. The others I mentioned above have not had children either. It is very sad to me. Most of them haven't dated in years..I'm talk 10 plus years!!!! I know they are very grounded in God and they say that is what keeps them sane---their faith. I commend that but I find that sad.

Most of them have had their heartbroken--so I don't know if they may have something to do with it. I have tried to intervene but it didn't work out. One of them who is 38 is sooooooooooo depressed she sounds suicidal at times. She will be on meds soon, but I can understand that pain of lonliness. I mean if they were unattractive perhaps I could understand then, but that isn't the case. And they are different ethnicities, black(very attractive), white(attractive), and latina(very very very attractive). For the most part, most are handling it well, but I just don't get it...any thoughts...
Sorry but I truly believe your friends must have some type of issues going on with themselves (emotional, behavioural etc). I mean, you just mentioned one of them is depressed and suicidal. I don't know many men who would be willing to put up with some emotionally fragile woman no matter how attractive she is. Also, 40+, never married/no kids does not sound attractive at all regardless of how attractive the person is (and this goes to both men and women). It just makes one wonder why wasn't anyone in their past interested enough to marry them if they truly are wonderful people to be with?

Old 09-20-2010, 11:28 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Your understanding is wrong. Women don't have higher STD rates -- they have higher diagnosis rates.
Redisica, you can take it up with the CDC.

Nevertheless, women can have sex whenever they want, unlike men, whereby, if we don't have lots of money, or if we're not good with manipulating women, we will live a sexless life (no sex=no STD).

So my point is, women have higher STD rates because in one way or the other, they have all slept with the same man (who most likely has an STD) at some point in their lives. This man could be a rich bloke, a player, a modern Don Juan, or these new pick up artist that are running around these days. These type of guys can sleep with upwards of 2-3000k women.

Quote:
That's because women screen for these things more rigorously than men do. Most women go for a gynecological check-up annually, many twice a year, and are tested for STD's at that time as part of the routine physical. Just because you never get checked for an STD, doesn't mean you don't have one.
You're right about women going to the doctors more. That's true. But Redisca, herpes is NOT included in a regular full panel STD test. So how do you explain the statistics?

Quote:
Really? Sorry, I was on vacation and didn't get the memo on who the stud is in my neighborhood. I do know that every village has an idiot (and often multiple idiots), but a stud? How does that work, one stud per neighborhood? How is the information about his "sexual prowess" disseminated? Clearly, this isn't done on public transportation, where most women just do work, and a few talk about their kids, so there has to be some other avenue. Are there specific places where people go that I don't know about, where they get information about everybody's sexual prowess? Do they have stud conventions where they decide which stud gets which geographic area? What happens if there are two studs? Do they set up a competition or do they duke it out in the driveway (between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m., just as most suburban women are leaving for work)? Most of my male neighbors are either fathers of families or little boys, or elderly men. But then, clearly I live in a parallel universe.
Oh, you want to act incredulous.

Women cheat just as much as men, and these women have affairs with thier boss, thier co worker, or with an X boyfriend.

Infidelity, Cheating Wives - Women's Infidelity

Old 09-20-2010, 12:29 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Nevertheless, women can have sex whenever they want, unlike men
Why do guys always say this? Sure, if I lowered my standards I could go off with creepy guy who leered at me on the train this morning, but men can lower their standards to get some just as easily. Last I checked, guys who don't have lots of money and aren't manipulators are getting laid, too.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I never said the OP should do anything... in fact I don't see where the OP said anything about wanting to be married at all. Why are you assuming that she does?
You were the one who did. I was answering you directly. You stated that the women you knew in their 40s and 50s who weren't married had regrets. That is what I was answering.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:

It's bad enough when our resident misogynists infantilize women; it's worse when women validate their ludicrous ideas.
I agree. I mean good lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships