Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 05:47 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I wouldn't know, I have never had any problem finding a man. I met my SO when I was 40.

I have always been the cute girl, never the really hot girl. Some men just seem attracted to me no matter what age I am so I can't relate to this notion that older woman have a difficult time finding love.
If you wouldn't know, why are you commenting? I don't get that, makes no sense.

The conversation isn't about older women "finding love," it's about a group older woman unable to find a man for marriage.

The odds are not in your favor at 40. That is a fact. That's just the way it is. If a woman is in her early 30s and wants to be married eventually, she should not dilly dally. Things are absolutely, positively going to be harder at 40. And even harder at 50. Claiming otherwise is fiction, there's no two ways around it.

Last edited by OngletNYC; 09-20-2010 at 05:57 PM..

Old 09-20-2010, 06:01 PM

354 posts, read 712,408 times
what I don't understand is why you think everyone must be partner off by thirty.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:03 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayalevi View Post
what I don't understand is why you think everyone must be partner off by thirty.
That’s what I don’t get either. 30 is SO YOUNG.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:08 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,452 times
I can give one theory. A lot of these 30 year old women received all the attention in their teens and 20s. In the process a lot of guys were dissed by these women in their teens and 20s.

So.....these guys feeling rejected, focused on making their money flow. NOW at 30, these guys want to have the fun that they were not given when they were in their teens and 20s.

A woman's value in the eyes of men is highest when they are 18-25. A man's value increases as he gets older because of his accumluated assets.

You can't really blame the guys.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:16 PM

239 posts, read 596,248 times
Maybe they don't WANT a man at that particular stage in their lives. If they're happy living their lives that way, why does it matter to you?

Old 09-20-2010, 06:31 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
I like these posts. I agree, it is very rare to it have it all (if you're talking about a financially successful and accomplished professional life). This goes for both males and females.

We only have 24 hours in a day to do so much. And about 1/3 is dedicated to sleeping.

I don't know many self-made, financially speaking, males that were able to manage to maintain healthy marriages and families while they get themselves to the top. If you read "How To Get Rich" by Felix Dennis, he touches on this. It requires a lot of sacrifices, pressure, and time commitments (and even traveling). Entrepreneurs, executives, surgeons, and investment bankers live and breath their careers.
ha ha I read that book..

Old 09-20-2010, 07:50 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Well, seems like we've beaten this thread to death.

Res Ipso Facto...the gals don't WANT to be dating for whatever reason. Who cares if it's because they are closet lesbian, only would date an astronaut who just won the superbowl or are mentally ill.

It. Doesn't. Matter.

That's their personal choice and that leaves a couple million other gals out there to date.

P.S. Complaining about the overly picky people out there is both pointless and unattactive. You need to just move on and find the person that fits you and not worry about some gal or guy that passed you by.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:07 PM

881 posts, read 1,113,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Lots of reasons in our modern world:

- Put too much emphasis on career
- Too choosy (our media shows them the Clooneys, Pitts, John Stewarts, etal., and they aspire for that ideal only)
- American men losing quality (very immature, can't hold jobs, too horny/uncommitted, too self-centered)
- Low self esteem (our media and culture can make even fine, gorgeuos people insecure, like we always fall short)
- Weird dating scene (do we date? do we throw partys anymore? so much distrust)
- Single life with house and cat not bad (sure beats being stuck in bad relationship)
- Got kids? (too soon?, many guys don't want all that responsibility at the get-go, not to mention the expense)
- Too many options (can't decide what/who to go for, maybe the next guy will be better).

And surely many more, I'm a guy and most of these can be flipped around to apply to me too.

No doubt eh! Latley, more and more, this world is feeling like that movie idiocracy.....

Old 09-20-2010, 09:03 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And who said I wasn't referring to those men?
I don't know. You need to explain your answer a little more.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, seems like we've beaten this thread to death.

Res Ipso Facto...the gals don't WANT to be dating for whatever reason. Who cares if it's because they are closet lesbian, only would date an astronaut who just won the superbowl or are mentally ill.

It. Doesn't. Matter.

That's their personal choice and that leaves a couple million other gals out there to date.

P.S. Complaining about the overly picky people out there is both pointless and unattactive. You need to just move on and find the person that fits you and not worry about some gal or guy that passed you by.
This is brilliant, actually. +1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships