Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It seems from what I read here on C_D that a lot of men are more reluctant than women are to get married. There are plenty of reasons. That leaves many traditional minded women in the lurch. I don't think they're too picky, it's just that the pickings are slim.

Of course, not all women feel like they HAVE to get married. And those who don't go on to achieve other things in life. But I know there are many who wouldn't mind having a faithful partner around for the good things in life, regardless of the whole marriage issue.
You couldn't be further from the truth!! The pickings are very slim....Do you think it is wrong to relocate to a new state where you don't know anyone to find love. Just pack up and move just because you get a good vibe...I have thought of that and have also suggested that to them. But one replied whatever your problems are in one city they will follow you to the next....

Old 09-16-2010, 12:40 PM

93 posts, read 168,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Please help me understand this phenomena--Why are there so many single women over 30?? I know many who are gorgeous, talented, graduated from Universities--some undergrad and others grad school and they find themselves living alone in the home they own with a cat WHY?? They can't find a man to save their life...I don't get it. This is in Florida.

They are not high maintenance, very sweet and down to earth, as I mentioned before gorgeous...So what gives????

I know one who is 40 and NEVER has been married or have any kids. The others I mentioned above have not had children either. It is very sad to me. Most of them haven't dated in years..I'm talk 10 plus years!!!! I know they are very grounded in God and they say that is what keeps them sane---their faith. I commend that but I find that sad.

Most of them have had their heartbroken--so I don't know if they may have something to do with it. I have tried to intervene but it didn't work out. One of them who is 38 is sooooooooooo depressed she sounds suicidal at times. She will be on meds soon, but I can understand that pain of lonliness. I mean if they were unattractive perhaps I could understand then, but that isn't the case. And they are different ethnicities, black(very attractive), white(attractive), and latina(very very very attractive). For the most part, most are handling it well, but I just don't get it...any thoughts...
You've got to be kidding me. All they've got to do is go to a dating site and start talking to someone. Trust me, guys are trying to talk to anythign and everything on those sites and if they can't even get a boyfriend then theres something wrong with them. you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:56 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,842 times
Among the 30s age group, there are far more single, never married men than women. Since these things must balance out - to a large extent - there are far more divorced women than divorced men. So contrary to many analyses above, many of these women had their chance at marriage and it didn't work out.

Now if they have children, their chances at a return match are much diminished. Also, women with problems such as addictions, compulsions, neuroses and mental or other health issues are a much higher percent of the single population of women in their 30s. They no longer have what it takes to get a man in lust so he will overlook these drawbacks.

They only look "low maintenance" to other women.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:03 PM

635 posts, read 1,704,438 times
If you are an attractive woman over 30 and single...there has to be something wrong. Men, we are vultures and go after the attractive women...heck, we go after decent looking women (lol).

Old 09-16-2010, 01:06 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
We talk and they share what has happened. They often discuss what they would like to do with their mates in the future. That is how I know.
Ok, now thats just kind of kinky. Your girlfriends havent been touched by a man in over 10 years and you all get together and they talk about what they want to do with their mates if they ever get one. Oh, maybe you dont mean sexually. I need to get my mind out of the gutter.

I have a relative that is a lesbian tho she keeps it hush hush, small town ya know. She has been with men before and she often talks to me about men and her biological clock, marriage and kids. Yeah right, give it up already everyone knows.

Seriously, it is hard to imagine that educated, successful career women can not initiate a conversation with a man or find places to meet men with similar interest.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Among the 30s age group, there are far more single, never married men than women. Since these things must balance out - to a large extent - there are far more divorced women than divorced men. So contrary to many analyses above, many of these women had their chance at marriage and it didn't work out.
Hmmm. For every divorced woman I know there is also a divorced man.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Hmmm. For every divorced woman I know there is also a divorced man.
You can get married and divorce more than once you know. It's entirely possible that if every women on earth got married you could still see 10-20% of men that never got married.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:37 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark303 View Post
You've got to be kidding me. All they've got to do is go to a dating site and start talking to someone. Trust me, guys are trying to talk to anythign and everything on those sites and if they can't even get a boyfriend then theres something wrong with them. you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.
Some of them are opposed to the online dating. Some have tried it and posted a profile and sent out numerous winks and whatevers and got like 1-2 replies. So she said forget it. I mean that is discouraging to sent out 30 winks or flirts and get 1-2 replies and she is very pretty, but maybe her stance on religion scares men away I don't know. Most of them are devout Christians. For the exception of the Latin one, she goes online too mets men, has her rendovouz and then that's it. Left broken hearted and distraught. Or she may go out to the clubs dance the night away, met a very handsome educated man but doesn't last long--I dont' know why.

The depressed one just stays home and you have to coerce her to leave the house. Pry off the couch. Slim Trim and pretty but she doesn't see it.

The others are pretty social, but they serve alot in there church and most of the men in there church are married. They have had there heartbroken but still desire to get married.

Do you think if a woman gets dumped twice in a row there is a problem?? How can she find out what the problem is.....

The depressed one is so sweet but too fragile for a relationship. The other ones are strong enough for one. Very assertive and wouldn't be a door mat so I don't get it. Yes 2 of the 4 mentioned had a chance to walk down the aisle, but it didn't work out. Sadly enough.....Better that it didn't work out engaged than marry and divorce.

Come to think of it I know someone else who is a online dating site junkie and she is 38 calls herself a serial dater, doesn't want kids and has NEVER been in love!!! She is attractive, a very sultry attractive. Can't describe it all her poses are sultury--different.

I can't understand how you can be 38 and never experience love.... I LOVE LOVE!!! Still looking for the RIGHT love..its a challenge at times.
But the love I have experienced was euphoric

Old 09-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark303 View Post
You can get married and divorce more than once you know. It's entirely possible that if every women on earth got married you could still see 10-20% of men that never got married.
Reeeeaaaaally?
And is it possible that if very man on earth got married 10-20% of women could be never married?

I guess I should say for every divorced woman there is also a divorced man until he remarries. So more men remarry and more women remain single thus explaining why there are more divorced women than men.
So more men experience multiple marriages, thus more men are married.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Some of them are opposed to the online dating. Some have tried it and posted a profile and sent out numerous winks and whatevers and got like 1-2 replies. So she said forget it. I mean that is discouraging to sent out 30 winks or flirts and get 1-2 replies and she is very pretty, but maybe her stance on religion scares men away I don't know.
Can we get a thumbnail, link to a profile, or something? Based on the information I have I find this hard to beleive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships