Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 02:35 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Women usually feel a lot safer around men when talk about sex or take out their private-lol
Could you translate this into English, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 02:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Men and women are both incomprehensible. That's the problem with psychology, it thinks it can define something that is basically illogical.

But to try to put a logical spin on your situation, she didn't feel there was a spark, and moved on, and didn't want you following her out.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:47 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Could you translate this into English, please.
Women for some reason feel more comfortable around men who talk about sex and their private parts.

Men who talk about current events or the economy appear to be creepy

Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Women for some reason feel more comfortable around men who talk about sex and their private parts.

Is that how it works on your planet? It doesn't work that way here on Earth.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:04 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Ah, the pearls of wisdom the boy can spit out ...

Old 10-11-2010, 03:05 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,552,952 times
None of us understand other people, and many of us don't understand ourselves. I don't think it's necessary to categorize that woman's behavior with all women, any more than any one man's represents all men.

If you met a person with blue eyes whose behavior confused, hurt, or otherwise caused you to respond, would you apply your judgment to all people with blue eyes?

Old 10-11-2010, 04:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Quote:
I am guessing you don't date much? Or at least don't get many second dates? Off the chart..totally...why on earth would you think that women want to hear men talk about sex or their private parts? Unless the only women you talk to charge by the minute...

I would not want to be with a man who could actually hold an intelligent coversation about the economy or current events.......right....I would rather hear about his private parts and sex....yep, sounds like a great conversation to me..........yep.......yeah.....

Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,393,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
maybe she thought were using this as an excuse to awkwardly "make a move". that's kind of a generic way to get a kiss goodnight.

maybe she didn't like you.

maybe she did like you, but met another guy she liked too, and she didn't want you screwing up her game.

maybe she trying to leave, and you said, "Hey, I'll leave too," like a puppy that follows you anywhere..

maybe she was geniunely concerned for her safety.

^^^ I agree here. Could be lots of things going on. I don't doubt she liked your conversation and enjoyed herself, but the thought of being in a dark parking lot with you so soon may have intimidated her into running. Maybe she is just a little socially awkward and didn't know how to politely decline vs. burning rubber away from you.

See if she is there next week and don't make mention of it. Just chat her up as usual.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:54 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,816,709 times
Quote:

There is no emoticon that fits my reaction to this.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:59 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,839,053 times
Quote:

Where have you been talking to women? On the Howard Stern Show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships