Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 02:20 AM

548 posts, read 1,479,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Wild phase = trying things for the hell of it, just to see what it's like and to have the experience; often experiences that are considered vices, hedonistic, debauchery, or otherwise frowned upon by older, responsible adults.
I went through a definite wild phase. It lasted less than a year (which was long enough!), because I met and fell in love with my hubby. I'm still pretty wild, though just for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 04:34 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meijer6464 View Post
It seems like every 20 something woman I meet has a past with a string of old boyfriends, partied and had fun in college, experimenting with different guys, etc. I was busy working and going to school during that time and didn't have much time for fun or to get crazy. I admit that kinda bothers me a little so maybe you ladies can set me straight. Are there women who don't really go through that phase or is this pretty much a rite of passage these days? Am I just looking in the wrong places or do I need to be more open minded?
I was the same way in college. I had to support myself and was rather mature for my age. I never had the luxury of partying till 3 am and waking up late. I had fun here and there but to be honest I felt college was a lot like high school nowadays. The same parties, the same drunk idiots, etc. I found the sexiest women even when I was in college were the ones out working and living in the real world. I've always been attracted to older women. I think it's the sophistication, independence, maturity etc. that I always found so attractive. And for me I couldn't wait to achieve that stage of my life as well. I think the most exciting women I ever dated and the most fun I ever had was when I was in my mid to late 20's with a good job, my own place, and the ability to date whoever, whenever, and wherever I wanted. I think too many people miss out on that part of their lives nowadays. College is an amazing experience for many. I think a lot of college aged girls are just plain crazy. They drink and sleep around as bad as the guys. But I think women have always had to repress the urge to sow their wild oats and are just making up for lost time.

I think a lot of girls have been brainwashed by society to think they have to go through some sort of wild phase or something. Kind of like that whole "I kissed a girl in college" mentality. It's silly. There is nothing wrong with finding yourself and exploring opportunity and having a little fun..........but being wild and crazy doens't have to entail sleeping around and binge drinking. I wished I would have studied abroad when I was in college. I think Americans are less sophisticated at that age then their European or foreign counterparts and studying abroad is a very positive experience.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:30 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,861,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Very regrettably, I missed out on the wild phase. I have been in ltr’s since I was 16. I’m 30 now.

Oh if I could turn back time…

Never say Never vanilla....my friend vanessa got married at 19 *was with the guy since she was 14* divorced at 33 and she made up for those lost years lol.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:31 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DottyDo View Post
*Most college aged people in general date around during their early 20's. Not many are into long-term serious boyfriends, because EVERYONE is selfish at that age. Don't hold it against her, guys are doing it too!
*Partying is a common pastime amongst 20-somethings. Why? Because it's a new found freedom. And, who doesn't enjoy a night out at a club once in awhile or a house full of good friends and good times?

What you described is a pretty standard college experience, unless you're a prude, go to school in the bible belt OR are socially awkward.
There's no shortage of guys who are socially "special" who can't and don't go "wild" in their 20s. I know of very few women who didn't go "wild", whereas I know of plenty of guys who remained even virgins (not by choice) until their mid-late 20s..

Old 10-25-2010, 12:34 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
It was fun, thank goodness I lived in a small town. I could have gotten in a lot of trouble in a city.
Really? Some of the craziest things I've heard, happened in small towns. At least in the bigger cities you have more to do and keep you occupied.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:19 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times
I've also been under the impression that a lot of wild activity occurs in small towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships