Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I prefer to think of myself as a dirty blonde.
Oh, we do too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Yep, I'm one of those awesome dishwater blondes.
I was born golden and it darkened over the years. Starting at 16, I lightened. When I grew up, I paid a lot of money to maintain the gold, up until about a year ago.

Now I go all out crazy rocker girl: Black and blonde zebra striping on the side, blonde on top, black underneath in the back.

It does require lip, though, like a nice sheer, burgundy gloss.

I may go caramel over the winter. It will take two salon visits to bring down the blonde and take out the black, but change is good.

Also, I have to disagree with whoever said blonds don't age well. Dark hair can look very harsh on a woman as she gets older, particularly if she dyes it to keep out the gray. There's a reason most stylists tell women go to lighter as they get older, if only a shade or two.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:16 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Also, I have to disagree with whoever said blonds don't age well. Dark hair can look very harsh on a woman as she gets older, particularly if she dyes it to keep out the gray. There's a reason most stylists tell women go to lighter as they get older, if only a shade or two.
Is that what my stylists were getting at?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:20 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Personally, If I were in the market to marry again, I might try to ignore hair color completely, as long as there is some to play with and snuggle in. Short hair on a girl would seem like hugging my brother. ya know.
To me short hair is a sign of a true feminist, or a lesbian , or some one so busy they don't want to be bothered with taking care of their hair being long. I can understand it , and appreciate the reasons. But thanlfully hair usually grows .
My own hair is a bit long for a man, but I'm a bum , I'm not hunting for anyone .
Really long hair though it is a lot of work and usuallly only dark haired women can do it , is so beautiful , but the tendency to being cooler in personality is a misnomer.
Thinking about it , I'm not sure hair color was ever the criteria i considdered .
How the person looks when they are not looking at any one or do not suspect any one is looking at them. A completely candid photo shot. Do they vegitate , or observe in interest or apathy. are they anxious to flirt, or secure in them selves. Because hair color is often changed over nite, it is hard to deciphor some women. And while a little mystery is intreging, often it can lead to misunderstanding as well . And one must decide what it is they are trying to sell . You'd feel cheated if some one sold you a cadlac , and it turned out to be just a dressed up cheve.
I'd say be the real you if you are looking for a mate, but if your just looking for a date put on a wig.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:22 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I don't agree with this at all.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:31 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't agree with this at all.
I do think one of the drawbacks of being brunette is that gray hairs are much more visible. Not only that, but if it loses it's luster it can make you look older.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:33 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:

LOL! Sorry, sweetpea.

My mother had dark brown hair and eyes so dark you couldn't tell where the pupils ended and the irises began. As she made her way toward 50, she started going lighter--chocolate brown, medium brown, etc. By the time she hit 60, she was the same golden I was. People were always telling her how young she looked. Also, when looking at family pictures from my college years onward, my friends always used to say, "You take after your mom." And my mom and I would wink at each other.

Lighter is softer. I think back on my college sweetheart's mother, a skinny woman with a finely boned face made to look that much sharper by hair dyed jet black, and she looked so much older than she was. Imagine Carmen (http://www.famegame.com/mediaObject/594175/?profile_id=97204&type=created_by - broken link) with jet black monotone hair. My college sweetheart was a model, and so was his mother in her youth, so you'd think she would have known better. Eventually I oohed and ahhed over a photo of Carmen in Vogue, and she went ga-ga for it, let some gray come in around the temples, and looked about a bazillion times better.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
I am pretty flexible when it comes to stubble, but I have a definite preference on the color of fuzz .

Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
I do think one of the drawbacks of being brunette is that gray hairs are much more visible.
That's true, but you know how it is... no pain, no gain!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, we do too.
Uh oh...my secret is out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships