Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 11:24 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,452,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
How do you know if someone is a vegan, goes to AA, or does CrossFit?

Wait sixty seconds. They'll tell you.

How do you know someone is a born again Christian, an Obama hater, or a right wing conspiracy theorist?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See, we can do that too. Does it make you feel good as a person to insult others for no reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 01:22 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,384,328 times
Because JP Sears is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvdf6e8birI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8

Old 06-06-2017, 02:47 AM

427 posts, read 1,226,044 times
Where are all these Vegan women at that everyone else is always complaining about? I've been Vegan for several years, almost a decade and I'm a guy. I have the hardest time meeting any Vegan women. I've met exactly two Vegan girls face to face in my entire life and one of them was already married, the other was gay. I know Vegan girls exist on social media and such but damn that isn't real life. The woman the OP described in this thread sounds like my soulmate. I've been longing to meet a girl like that. Veganism is one of my core principles that I'm unwilling to violate. So thus, I will remain single indefinitely until I find another one of the opposite sex.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:55 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,076,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
***warning*** if you are a vegan, please leave this thread now. if you continue, you will find this offensive and I'm not on this forum to hurt people's feelings.

okay, I was on a date tonight with self-proclaimed vegan. It was horrible. it was not only her being a vegan, but her life philosophy was such that she would not do, eat, or say anything that would take away from the planet earth. No cheese, no meat, not even fruit transported from outside of the country or state.

She had the nerve to drag me to the grocery store looking for apples and then complain to an employee that they didn't have any apples that were locally produced... they only had apples from florida or new zealand. I said, "well, they all taste the same to me. how is it different to you?" she said something about her own ideology, and that she doesn't believe in trade with other countries or something.

I just can't be with someone who is so inflexible that she won't buy apples from another state. it was ridiculous...

okay, I'm done venting. Thanks for listening. Need I say that I never want to see her again?
A strict vegan was charged with child abuse recently for not feeding her child properly.
Human beings require more than twigs and roots to live on.
Scratch the surface and you find a very strange world view.
They think they know better than God.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:01 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,076,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
Where are all these Vegan women at that everyone else is always complaining about? I've been Vegan for several years, almost a decade and I'm a guy. I have the hardest time meeting any Vegan women. I've met exactly two Vegan girls face to face in my entire life and one of them was already married, the other was gay. I know Vegan girls exist on social media and such but damn that isn't real life. The woman the OP described in this thread sounds like my soulmate. I've been longing to meet a girl like that. Veganism is one of my core principles that I'm unwilling to violate. So thus, I will remain single indefinitely until I find another one of the opposite sex.
Social media is a tool, use it to connect with real people you desire to meet.
Real life is such that you are living outside the boundaries the overwhelming majority find acceptable.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:33 AM

971 posts, read 691,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
***warning*** if you are a vegan, please leave this thread now. if you continue, you will find this offensive and I'm not on this forum to hurt people's feelings.

okay, I was on a date tonight with self-proclaimed vegan. It was horrible. it was not only her being a vegan, but her life philosophy was such that she would not do, eat, or say anything that would take away from the planet earth. No cheese, no meat, not even fruit transported from outside of the country or state.

She had the nerve to drag me to the grocery store looking for apples and then complain to an employee that they didn't have any apples that were locally produced... they only had apples from florida or new zealand. I said, "well, they all taste the same to me. how is it different to you?" she said something about her own ideology, and that she doesn't believe in trade with other countries or something.

I just can't be with someone who is so inflexible that she won't buy apples from another state. it was ridiculous...

okay, I'm done venting. Thanks for listening. Need I say that I never want to see her again?
Dude I feel your pain. Health nuts are the same way...they don't have to be a vegan to be crazy. I attempted to date a beautiful woman who was a health and fitness fanatic. I knew it when I met her but I didn't realize they try to convert you immediately to their way of thinking. I gave it a chance but it was HORRIBLE and even though we got along in all other aspects except this healthy eating/exercise crap, it just wasn't worth it.

They all must play out of the same playbook. I remember going to the store once in preparation of a cookout. The shrimp were "farm raised" and OMG you would have thought they were raised in poison. Made a big fuss because only gulf shrimp were good. Then bitched cause the lobsters were not from Maine. Hahaha. It went on and on. Sent a drink back one night at the bar because the lemon wasn't fresh enough for her.

Then, she had commentary every time we went out about what I ate. I ate like a teenager and was going to die soon if I didn't start eating healthy and excercising. Never mind I am height and weight proportunate and very healthy. It will all "catch up with you someday" she used to say.

Then, the one that did it for me was, she was always trying to get me to eat healthy stuff off her plate at a meal at a restaurant. She would load her fork with some sort of rabbit food and shove it at me like a child and say "this is good for you, you need to try it" and when I refused she would pout. When I ordered she would tell the waiter/waitress "he eats like a teenager...he is going to kill himself" and other stuff.

I had enough pretty quickly. I don't know if all the healthy eating women are like this, but that is now part of my screening process. If they claim to be a health nut or go to the gym 7 days a week, I run.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:35 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,452,186 times
Wow, nobody in this thread is being shallowly judgmental at all!

<sarcasm, in case it wasn't obvious>

Old 06-06-2017, 07:24 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,251,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Dude I feel your pain. Health nuts are the same way...they don't have to be a vegan to be crazy. I attempted to date a beautiful woman who was a health and fitness fanatic. I knew it when I met her but I didn't realize they try to convert you immediately to their way of thinking. I gave it a chance but it was HORRIBLE and even though we got along in all other aspects except this healthy eating/exercise crap, it just wasn't worth it.

They all must play out of the same playbook. I remember going to the store once in preparation of a cookout. The shrimp were "farm raised" and OMG you would have thought they were raised in poison. Made a big fuss because only gulf shrimp were good. Then bitched cause the lobsters were not from Maine. Hahaha. It went on and on. Sent a drink back one night at the bar because the lemon wasn't fresh enough for her.

Then, she had commentary every time we went out about what I ate. I ate like a teenager and was going to die soon if I didn't start eating healthy and excercising. Never mind I am height and weight proportunate and very healthy. It will all "catch up with you someday" she used to say.

Then, the one that did it for me was, she was always trying to get me to eat healthy stuff off her plate at a meal at a restaurant. She would load her fork with some sort of rabbit food and shove it at me like a child and say "this is good for you, you need to try it" and when I refused she would pout. When I ordered she would tell the waiter/waitress "he eats like a teenager...he is going to kill himself" and other stuff.

I had enough pretty quickly. I don't know if all the healthy eating women are like this, but that is now part of my screening process. If they claim to be a health nut or go to the gym 7 days a week, I run.
People can be *******s regardless of their lifestyle. I knew someone who thought it was funny to covertly sprinkle meat juice on my food. On another occasion, he came at me with a cheeseburger and tried to shove it in my face; pretty scary considering he was over 6 feet tall and a good 300 pounds, while in about the size of the average 12 year old.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:20 AM

9,479 posts, read 10,836,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Wow, nobody in this thread is being shallowly judgmental at all!

<sarcasm, in case it wasn't obvious>
Everyone is judgemental, we all decide for ourselves who believes in reasonable things and who does not. We all decide for ourselves what people we like and which we do not. I find it funny that some deny that this is normal or acceptable practice as we all do it. Like it or not most judge veganism as unnatural and strange.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:24 AM

10,506 posts, read 7,078,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
How do you know someone is a born again Christian, an Obama hater, or a right wing conspiracy theorist?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See, we can do that too. Does it make you feel good as a person to insult others for no reason?
Who says I'm insulting? And just because I make a mild joke about those three groups, does that mean I'm insulting them? Way to live up to the stereotype, scooter. And so now I'm a born-again Christian, an Obama hater, or a right-wing conspiracy theorist? Because that seems to be the implication. I'm totally offended that you would lump me in with those people. And bitter, too.

You really need to get better at being offended. Here's a video that can help sharpen your skills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mju_gW3c8

Last edited by MinivanDriver; 06-06-2017 at 10:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships