Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,704 times

Advertisements

Hell would freeze over before I date a newly divorced man again!!!, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN, Dont waste your time or emotional energy. I became involved with someone in a LDR, currently relocated to closer to where I live, met online, talked all thru his separation and subsequent divorce, came to town and basically ignored me, ALWAYS, ALWAYS mentioned his exwife, constantly even talked about their sexual exploits prior to divorce.

All I can say is that if you have valuable time to waste and just want to have sex, do it, if not, DONT BOTHER, I tell you from experience, its a no win and the guy knows this as well and will string you along for a sounding board until hes done with his divorce probably wont care much about you thus, you will become a disposible friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Walk away. When a man says he isn't ready for a relationship, BELIEVE HIM. they don't lie about that. He isn't ready to date. And once he IS ready to date, he will dump you because you are a part of his transitional phase. I know it will be a bit painful to walk away now, but believe me, the pain you are going to feel later will be much worse. I am speaking from personal experience, sad to say!
Advice worth considering.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
How did you know he was recently divorced? Did he talk too much about his ex wife? If you are feeling that your feelings are becoming too strong for your intended relationship, distance yourself. He's pulled away, been honest with you as to why, you should do the same for him. Spend more time to yourself, figure out what you want and let him know when the time is right. Sometimes people are at different places in their lives. Timing is everything. It's up to you if he's worth adjusting for if need be.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:44 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
True too that if a man says he's not ready for a relationship, you should believe him. But the choice is yours, my exH met a girl within 6 months of our divorce and they are still together 3 years later . . .

Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 AM

541 posts, read 941,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie03 View Post
Ok, so I'm 26, and dating someone recently divorced is new to me. I met this guy a few months ago, who had gotten divorced this summer due to infidelity. He started calling me and such and was incredibly eager to get to know me. I was very reluctant at first, explaining to him I was weary of being his rebound, etc. He managed to convince me that he was over that, that he liked me. He started out like most dating scenarios do, he was eager to make plans, kept in contact with me and such. Then all of a sudden he just stopped. He told me that he was kind of messed up still, wasn't ready for a relationship, but still wanted to spend time with me. I was ok with that, as I had just gotten out of a long term relationship prior to meeting the guy. I'm still dating the guy, I see him a few times a week, but I'm starting to maybe feel more of an attachment to him. I guess my question for anyone who knows what is going through a guy's head in this situation is: should I stick with this or walk away?

How long was he married?? How do you know he is divorced? He could be lying. Cant you just date other men on the side?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 9,101 times
i am dating someone who is recently divorced i do like him alot i haven't been in a relationship until now, he is going through some ruff times but i assure him time will pass and that i am patient enough because he said he loved me before i even said in return which i did, i let my guard down but its beacuse i do... we both been through the same situation of our past of our ex's alot in common so we understand each other.. what I said, iam not forcing something u don't want but i can help u cope what your going through of course if u let me.... i left it with that... was that ok?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:08 PM

2 posts, read 9,101 times
I don't to lose him he is a great guy... I am afraid I let my guard down and fallen in love him

Old 04-14-2013, 05:14 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I did date a recently divorced guy years ago and NEVER again. They aren't ready to get serious and have so much baggage. The only way I would consider a divorced man is if his marriage was when he was young, it was brief and in a courthouse or Vegas. Otherwise WAY too much baggage.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:18 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loops67 View Post
i am dating someone who is recently divorced i do like him alot i haven't been in a relationship until now, he is going through some ruff times but i assure him time will pass and that i am patient enough because he said he loved me before i even said in return which i did, i let my guard down but its beacuse i do... we both been through the same situation of our past of our ex's alot in common so we understand each other.. what I said, iam not forcing something u don't want but i can help u cope what your going through of course if u let me.... i left it with that... was that ok?
Yes and I'm going to go against the popular opinion here and say that if you really love him, I think you should stick with him and keep at it.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:34 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Take your time. Make sure he takes his time too. If you feel there is something there. Don't rush it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships