Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 09:40 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It has been an interesting day.

We decide to do our civic duty and go turn in a bunch of household waste. Fine. We get there and the line there would lead you to believe that Van Halen finally got back together and was selling tickets.

So we finally get through that, we go and then drop off our cans to get a couple of bucks.

So like I said, we're doing our civic duties, turning in recycling, putting chemicals into hands better than ours for handling them.

Great. Things are going good, right? We decide to hit the ol' grocery store to grab a few things, right? I'm feeling froggy so I told Mrs. Chow to wait in the car while I run in and grab a few things, since my legs are longer than hers I figure I could make the dash much faster.

So while walking out, I notice that a peace officer has his gun drawn on a couple of "perps." I quickly put my shyt in the trunk and proceed to bounce, amid the sounds of oncoming backup that was presumably requested by said peace officer.

Well, just about 20 mins or so ago, we look down and about 6 cop cars surround our condo complex... So I proceed to poke my nosy nose out the door and try to figure out WTF is going on.

After a while they vanish, leaving me no more informed of the activities.

Fine.

I'm here posting on CD and I see a flash on the ceiling.

I look outside and there are 4 paramedics with their lights ablaze, making hot pursuit into our complex.

Great. Another story of which I probably won't figure out the outcome.

As I type this I can hear the diesel engines idling. Wondering who fell down the stairs, or which guy got drunk and decided to play pinata with his wife.

You know what?

I really do live in a really nice neighborhood. I'd hate to see the bad parts of town.

I saw a squirrel chasing a chipmunk, who stole his acorn.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:48 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

There goes the neighborhood!

Chowie, your story makes me feel homesick.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:23 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

When I first moved into this house I was sitting the dinner table just looking at the backyard and deciding where I was going to put the hammock and all of a sudden I see this orangey/brown mass pass in front me, almost like a blurred image and it zoomed by again. Yep, it was a squirrel chasing a chipmunk. Nature has a way of making you smile.

I have this hanging in the garage:

Old 03-27-2011, 12:26 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
An absolutely great song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-eWAuFmjN0

Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,457,534 times
So is it horrible I had two screwdrivers at 930am this morning??? I have a rant here so please bear with me:

Last night at work we got completely slammed. I literally got my asz handed to me. Two things happened. I waited on a family of three. They never needed, wanted anything. Their table was my standard service. The guys steak came out wrong but we had it fixed within a few mins. I made sure it was ok and continued running around like a maniac. So, the guy had two beers and then a jack on the rocks. No big deal. I'm leaning against the wall taking a quick breather after they paid and he comes up to my face and says "I've got to tell you something. Youre service was horrible." I said "Excuse me? Why?". He said "You figure it out." Me "No, you come up to my face and say my service was horrible, you tell me why." He "You figure it out" and I said "Have a nice day" and he walked off. WTF???? I'm like are you f-ing kidding me??

#2-I had four adults and a toddler come in at 8pm on a Sat night. Anyone who has half a brain knows that time for ANY restuarant on Sat night is crazy. This is after they waited almost 45 mins just to get a table so its almost 9 when I get them. They take 15 mins to order apps and then when they get their apps, they take ANOTHER 15 mins to order their food. So we are already 30 mins into service. So the food takes 20 mins to get out so we are at 50 mins. Well the kitchen didn't drop the kids chicken fingers and fries. Completely their fault and not mine. I apologize and ream the kitchen and get it out ASAP. I go to the table and the mother starts reaming me about her starving kid. I'm sitting thinking well if you had better parenting skills, you wouldn't have waited half an hour on a busy asz sat night to order your kids food. She should have put it in right away. I just sit there like Ok..I mean what am I going to say? They tell the mgr I was rude, LOL. I mean really?? FML

They were the only two tables I had with complaints. Everyone else left me 20%. I had $1350 in sales-$300 above any other server and none of my checks were over $80 so that tells you how many tables I flipped last night. Average check about $35 and running with 5 tables..I mean really people???? I'd love to see those idiots try to handle what I did that night...EPIC FAIL!

Old 03-27-2011, 04:46 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So is it horrible I had two screwdrivers at 930am this morning??? I have a rant here so please bear with me:

Last night at work we got completely slammed. I literally got my asz handed to me. Two things happened. I waited on a family of three. They never needed, wanted anything. Their table was my standard service. The guys steak came out wrong but we had it fixed within a few mins. I made sure it was ok and continued running around like a maniac. So, the guy had two beers and then a jack on the rocks. No big deal. I'm leaning against the wall taking a quick breather after they paid and he comes up to my face and says "I've got to tell you something. Youre service was horrible." I said "Excuse me? Why?". He said "You figure it out." Me "No, you come up to my face and say my service was horrible, you tell me why." He "You figure it out" and I said "Have a nice day" and he walked off. WTF???? I'm like are you f-ing kidding me??

#2-I had four adults and a toddler come in at 8pm on a Sat night. Anyone who has half a brain knows that time for ANY restuarant on Sat night is crazy. This is after they waited almost 45 mins just to get a table so its almost 9 when I get them. They take 15 mins to order apps and then when they get their apps, they take ANOTHER 15 mins to order their food. So we are already 30 mins into service. So the food takes 20 mins to get out so we are at 50 mins. Well the kitchen didn't drop the kids chicken fingers and fries. Completely their fault and not mine. I apologize and ream the kitchen and get it out ASAP. I go to the table and the mother starts reaming me about her starving kid. I'm sitting thinking well if you had better parenting skills, you wouldn't have waited half an hour on a busy asz sat night to order your kids food. She should have put it in right away. I just sit there like Ok..I mean what am I going to say? They tell the mgr I was rude, LOL. I mean really?? FML

They were the only two tables I had with complaints. Everyone else left me 20%. I had $1350 in sales-$300 above any other server and none of my checks were over $80 so that tells you how many tables I flipped last night. Average check about $35 and running with 5 tables..I mean really people???? I'd love to see those idiots try to handle what I did that night...EPIC FAIL!
At least you didn't wait 1:15 hours at Arby's for a sandwich. One sandwich, NOTHING else! I was so freakin' pissed! LOL LOL

Old 03-27-2011, 05:02 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So is it horrible I had two screwdrivers at 930am this morning??? I have a rant here so please bear with me:...
Isn't the service industry FUN?!?

Old 03-27-2011, 06:51 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
There is a chat thread over in the food forum.

I've posted a couple of times, and haven't gotten any comments.

I'll crack those nuts....

Chowman doesn't give up without a fight.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There is a chat thread over in the food forum.

I've posted a couple of times, and haven't gotten any comments.

I'll crack those nuts....

Chowman doesn't give up without a fight.
I like the food forum. But lately I have been hanging low... Want I go stir the pot?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:00 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Isn't the service industry FUN?!?
Your little slice of the industry does come with some scenery...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships