Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 03:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,656,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
If women only wait for men to hit on them and ask them out and those men happen to be the ones only looking for sex, should women complain that no good men exist if they aren't proactive in finding good men?
I've asked out plenty of men. So far, only two have accepted and neither of those went past one date. I was told that men don't like to be asked out because they like 'the chase' and women who hit on men are seen as desperate and undesirable.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
I have grown up hearing women are equal to men in everything. In fact, I heard from girls they can be as strong as men and should be allowed to fight in combat! However, women's supposed desire to be equal to men seems to be limited to work and non-relationship type settings. They definitely want men lead relationships. Here are 3 simple examples of this (probably many more can be given):

1.) Most women don't approach guy. Men are still supposed to hit on girls and ask them out.

2.) Women want men to make decisions, like where to go on vacation, on dates, etc. Often I hear women complaining of their men leaves it up to them.

3.) I have never heard of a women KNEELING down and proposing to man. Most women don't propose to men and ones that do probably won't be going down on their knees!

I think women really should be equal in all aspects to men. Women should be willing take the lead (see the above) at least 50% of the time. To me it seem like women only want equality if it benefits them!
Once again someone is incorrectly equating equal rights with women wanting to become men. I want to vote and I would like the opportunity to work for equal pay. However, I have dating and love preferences that have nothing to do with a paycheck or being recognized as an equal citizen under the law. And I certainly do not want to be the man - and all the guys I've dated have seemed to be perfectly alright with that!

As for the specific complaints in the OP -
1) I'm sorry that I've always gotten hit on. That must be my fault. I have asked a couple guys out before. I'm sorry that most guys beat me to the punch. Again - that must be my fault.

2) Actually, I make most of the decisions about where to go on vacations and dates - and I'm the one that makes all the plans. Any big decisions we make together.

3) My husband proposed to me. I guess that's my fault. Also - he said he wouldn't have wanted me to propose to him - he wanted to do it. I guess that's my fault, too.

If you want a woman who is completely equal in all aspects to a man - you should really be dating men. Sorry - men and women happen to be different genders. I hate to be the one to break that to you but apparently you didn't know.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:43 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,588,268 times
Quote:
I have grown up hearing women are equal to men in everything. In fact, I heard from girls they can be as strong as men and should be allowed to fight in combat! However, women's supposed desire to be equal to men seems to be limited to work and non-relationship type settings. They definitely want men lead relationships. Here are 3 simple examples of this (probably many more can be given):

1.) Most women don't approach guy. Men are still supposed to hit on girls and ask them out.

2.) Women want men to make decisions, like where to go on vacation, on dates, etc. Often I hear women complaining of their men leaves it up to them.

3.) I have never heard of a women KNEELING down and proposing to man. Most women don't propose to men and ones that do probably won't be going down on their knees!

I think women really should be equal in all aspects to men. Women should be willing take the lead (see the above) at least 50% of the time. To me it seem like women only want equality if it benefits them!
Your last sentence summed up everything. Women only do what is covenant for them simply because they are given that option where as men are not.

So for example, women could easily ask out a man, but they rather leave that up to men because they don't want to deal with rejection.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:47 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,502,093 times
Quote:

I won't let some woman lead me around like a
dog on a leash, or a bull with a ring in his nose ! ! !

I'll do the leading ! ! !

like I told my wife before I married her ...
If you want to go with me then Get In The Truck ...
and we have been happly married for 20+ years ! ! !

Old 07-28-2012, 03:47 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,588,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Once again someone is incorrectly equating equal rights with women wanting to become men. I want to vote and I would like the opportunity to work for equal pay. However, I have dating and love preferences that have nothing to do with a paycheck or being recognized as an equal citizen under the law. And I certainly do not want to be the man - and all the guys I've dated have seemed to be perfectly alright with that!

As for the specific complaints in the OP -
1) I'm sorry that I've always gotten hit on. That must be my fault. I have asked a couple guys out before. I'm sorry that most guys beat me to the punch. Again - that must be my fault.

2) Actually, I make most of the decisions about where to go on vacations and dates - and I'm the one that makes all the plans. Any big decisions we make together.

3) My husband proposed to me. I guess that's my fault. Also - he said he wouldn't have wanted me to propose to him - he wanted to do it. I guess that's my fault, too.

If you want a woman who is completely equal in all aspects to a man - you should really be dating men. Sorry - men and women happen to be different genders. I hate to be the one to break that to you but apparently you didn't know.
I hear you dew93, but he's just saying that in general, women cherry pick where they want equality. So for example, women want to make just as much money as men, but on the flip side, when women make just as much money as men, they turn around and don't want to support a man who makes less then them.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,656,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Your last sentence summed up everything. Women only do what is covenant for them simply because they are given that option where as men are not.

So for example, women could easily ask out a man, but they rather leave that up to men because they don't want to deal with rejection.
Desirable women don't have to ask men out, they get approached by plenty of men.

Women like me DO ask men out. So far, it hasn't worked at all.

As for all the other equality stuff, I ALWAYS pay for my share of a meal/entertainment when I go out and I always drive myself as well. I try to keep things as equal as possible. Again, this hasn't gotten me very far with men.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,216,620 times
Quote:

I've approached many men in my life. I didn't ask men out on formal dates like dinner and a movie, but that was never my thing either. Honestly, the dating thing I read about on this forum from both men and women seems a bit unreal to me.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:51 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,216,620 times
Quote:
I hear you dew93, but he's just saying that in general, women get to cherry pick where they want equality.
I don't understand where and how equality comes into play here. It appears that a few people here do not understand what the word means.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
Quote:
I hear you dew93, but he's just saying that in general, women cherry pick where they want equality. So for example, women want to make just as much money as men, but on the flip side, when women make just as much money as men, they turn around and don't want to support a man who makes less then them.
My friend married such a woman - it disgusts me. He gave up his job to stay home with their baby and now she's throwing it in his face how he doesn't make as much money as she does. I can't tell you how much this angers me. However - jerks exist in both sexes.

I know I see things differently than all the guys on here who whine and complain about having to approach women, pay for dates, open doors for women, treat women like human beings, etc. - but having the right to vote or have equal pay do not have anything to do with my love life. And having the same rights as men is not the same thing as wanting to be treated like men or wanting to BE men. Women had to fight for their rights just as African Americans had to fight before us and just as homosexuals have to fight right now. However - no amount of equality is going to turn blacks into whites, women into men, gays into straights. It isn't about wanting to be a different person - it's about having the same rights as everyone else. However, I'm still a woman. I'm still the one who bears the children. I'm still the one with breasts and hips. I'm still the one who is more emotional. I'm still the one with less physical strength. In short - I'm not a man nor will I ever be one. I don't want to be treated like a man either. And luckily, my husband doesn't want me to act like one.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:02 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,641,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Huh?
That's my opinion based on many things one being how women seem to be solely or mainly valued for their youth/beauty while men are judged on character and status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
As I've mentioned in the past gender roles vary among social classes. Aside from the man proposing I don't see the roles you note above played out in my world.
Bit curious as to what gender roles I've note as I haven't mentioned any gender roles I was responding to the OP's post as to why I think women may not generally approach, why I though it wouldn't be a problem that women want men to make decisions, and that my experience has been different as I've seen many women propose to men.

Last edited by udolipixie; 07-28-2012 at 04:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.