Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 08:35 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Equality doesnt mean there arent vast differences between the two genders. In todays world, many tend to fail to realize this and lack appreciation for these differences. Men are attracted to feminine women and women are attracted to masculine men. Its a mans role to be a leader, always has been and always will be. It has nothing to do with equality.
If it were innate it would be evident in a majority of men- a majority of men on this forum even. Obviously, that's not the case. It's a social construct that has been, and is being, chucked out the window.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:38 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,416,975 times
Quote:
Women want men to make decisions, like where to go on vacation, on dates, etc. Often I hear women complaining of their men leaves it up to them.
Where are you hanging around these women? On the Middle School playground? I've never known one woman in my entire life who yearns for a man to order them where to go on vacation (or a date). Maybe 14 year old girls whose most worrisome moment is when Justin Bieber's newest song comes out think this way. Adult women? Give me a break.

Quote:
Almost all women on this globe want to be dominated by their man.
You've spoken to almost "all women" on the globe to accurately deduce this? It's nonsense. The stronger, smarter, more educated and more successful a woman is, the less they generally want to be "dominated" by their man. And these types of women can't be dominated, they are invariably smarter and earn more than their male counterparts.

Sure, a woman who has nothing visually or intellectually to offer will have a man dominate them. If they are unemployed, on welfare, food stamps and can't read or write, any man will "dominate" them. But get out in the real career world and all of these ridiculous generalizations sound simply bizarre.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:42 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,682,798 times
Quote:
which is one of the most common fantasies women share. Dominance is the strongest aphrodisiac there is, and almost all women on this globe want to be dominated by their man.
I can't speak for other women, but I definitely don't have rape fantasies. Wanting a man who's strong, dominant, aggressive, etc. isn't the same thing as wanting to be raped.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:49 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,629,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Where are you hanging around these women? On the Middle School playground? I've never known one woman in my entire life who yearns for a man to order them where to go on vacation (or a date). Maybe 14 year old girls whose most worrisome moment is when Justin Bieber's newest song comes out think this way. Adult women? Give me a break.

You've spoken to almost "all women" on the globe to accurately deduce this? It's nonsense. The stronger, smarter, more educated and more successful a woman is, the less they generally want to be "dominated" by their man. And these types of women can't be dominated, they are invariably smarter and earn more than their male counterparts.

Sure, a woman who has nothing visually or intellectually to offer will have a man dominate them. If they are unemployed, on welfare, food stamps and can't read or write, any man will "dominate" them. But get out in the real career world and all of these ridiculous generalizations sound simply bizarre.
I mostly mean dominated sexualy, hence the use of word aphrodisiac. Its not a generalization, it is reality we all live in. Denial doesnt change a thing. If you were to get honest answers from female posters here, 99% would say they want to be dominated by their man in the bedroom.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I can't speak for other women, but I definitely don't have rape fantasies. Wanting a man who's strong, dominant, aggressive, etc. isn't the same thing as wanting to be raped.
Rape fantasy is not the same as wanting to be raped. Its just a fantasy and nobody with a half a brain wants it carried out in RL. It is however, according to research, the third most common sexual fantasy for women.

Rape Ranked as Third Most Popular Sexual Fantasy for Women | Care2 Causes

Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 AM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:
Equality doesnt mean there arent vast differences between the two genders. In todays world, many tend to fail to realize this and lack appreciation for these differences. Men are attracted to feminine women and women are attracted to masculine men. Its a mans role to be a leader, always has been and always will be. It has nothing to do with equality.
A few women are attracted to "masculine" men. Many women like more soft-spoken, gentle men. The old stereotypes are almost dead. Times have changed. And in case you hadn't noticed, women also are leading. They're leaders in politics and the workplace, and they're co-leading at home. Marriage is a partnership. Both partners do contribute equally. Both discuss important issues with each other, and reach a decision mutually, often by consensus. This comes about naturally, based on mutual respect. It has nothing to do with any ideology or agenda. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 AM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:
which is one of the most common fantasies women share. Dominance is the strongest aphrodisiac there is, and almost all women on this globe want to be dominated by their man.
I think this is a male fantasy foisted on women. YOU WISH being dominated sexually were an aphrodisiac for women. That's not the case for many women. I challenge you to create a poll on this topic, to see how C-D women respond.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 AM

48,709 posts, read 35,196,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What women want men to decide where to go on vacation? Women expect to have an equal say in such things, as in any important decisions affecting the couple or the household.

I don't know where some of these guys get such outlandish ideas.

If I was a type of woman who was: "you decide where we eat", "you decide where we will vacation this year", "you decide where we will live", my SO never would have dated me - he hates people who do not have opinions and views.... even when they disagree with his.

If I didn't have opinions on our day to day life, my SO would think I was taken over by aliens or something..

Besides, he values my opinions.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:05 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,225,943 times
You can save everyone's time with this

It's easier

Old 07-29-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A few women are attracted to "masculine" men. Many women like more soft-spoken, gentle men. The old stereotypes are almost dead. Times have changed. And in case you hadn't noticed, women also are leading. They're leaders in politics and the workplace, and they're co-leading at home. Marriage is a partnership. Both partners do contribute equally. Both discuss important issues with each other, and reach a decision mutually, often by consensus. This comes about naturally, based on mutual respect. It has nothing to do with any ideology or agenda. Welcome to the 21st Century.
Yeah, right. Women like soft spoken and gentle men. Please stop, Ruth. Almost all women are attracted to masculine men, with very few, rare excpetions. I dont know why youre bringing up marriage, it has nothing to do with my post. You're in denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships