Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 07:18 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
From USCIS Home Page (http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstudies/mobappa.htm - broken link)

"According to data supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau, there were
2,395,000 marriages in the U.S. in the 12 months ending June, 1997 (and
1,154,000 divorces in the same period). The 4,000 to 6,000 marriages
involving international services represent, then, a tiny portion (.021
percent) of the women who marry U.S. men.

It is interesting to note that, based largely on data provided by the
agencies themselves (along with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas
report cited above), marriages arranged through these services would
appear to have a much lower divorce rate than the nation as a whole,
fully 80 percent of these marriages having lasted over the years for
which reports are available."

The divorce rate for American men who marry American women: 57%
(officially). But since the figures from several states (including
California) are excluded, the true national divorce rate is likely
closer to 65%. The divorce rate in California is over 70%.

The divorce rate for American men who marry foreign women: approximately
20%.

So you can marry an American woman and have a close to two-thirds chance
of getting divorced, or you can marry a foreign woman and have at least
a 75% chance of success.
Since the male is half the equation in a divorce, it's safe to say he's half the problem. At least. Regardless of nationality.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,861,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
See, this is why grammar punctuation is important. Your statement sounds like it's referring to Asian women's menstrual cycles rather than what I think you intended, which is that Asian women have a lower divorce rate than any other ethnicity.

I think it's important to consider why foreign women married to American men have a lower divorce rate. Is it because they're happier? Or because they come from a culture that doesn't condone divorce except in extreme circumstances? Or because they need that citizenship and have to hold on until they can find a way out?

Longer marriages aren't always better marriages.

Or because of the culture they come from they are no aware how easy it is to get one in this country?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Not everyone who prefers foreign women to American women can't get American women, maybe they just don't want them. In general, I think that American women are too controlling, dress frumpy, and are overweight. The only type of American women I like are the Southern and rural Midwestern ones, because they dress and groom themselves nicely, and they are more old-fashioned in gender roles. Overall, I prefer Asian or European women because they are more fit and how they dress.

Hello pot, meet kettle.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:30 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,222 times
Lightbulb Okay...You're Entitled To Your Take On It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Not everyone who prefers foreign women to American women can't get American women, maybe they just don't want them. In general, I think that American women are too controlling, dress frumpy, and are overweight. The only type of American women I like are the Southern and rural Midwestern ones, because they dress and groom themselves nicely, and they are more old-fashioned in gender roles. Overall, I prefer Asian or European women because they are more fit and how they dress.
But I'm sorry, just reading this post brings to light some of the very things I touched on...

'Too controlling, dress frumpy, overweight'? 'More old-fashioned in gender roles'? Lordy Moses, give me a break...like I said, some women out here aren't taking a load of crap that some guys want to deal in, and they make that known in no uncertain terms---which leads to them being labeled as 'controlling' and the 'b-word'

There are women, too, who are more than willing to let men BE men (I know---I married one), as long as you meet them halfway...old-fashioned in gender roles? Sounds like more Tarzan-itis to me...there are some incredibly well-dressed, non-frumpy, highly attractive and desirable women right here in River City (America, that is)...just like there are men out here who know how to ACT like men, y'know, still be men and not have a breakdown when around a strong confident woman....

In general, if you prefer Asian and European women, for whatever reasons you outline, then more power to you...but don't sit up here and spout generalities about American women---YOU may not want them, but there are those who do, and further, maybe they (gasp!!) don't want YOU, for some reason or another, like, hmmmm , saying they are less desirable than foreign women...

Old 10-07-2011, 07:33 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
But I'm sorry, just reading this post brings to light some of the very things I touched on...

'Too controlling, dress frumpy, overweight'? 'More old-fashioned in gender roles'? Lordy Moses, give me a break...like I said, some women out here aren't taking a load of crap that some guys want to deal in, and they make that known in no uncertain terms---which leads to them being labeled as 'controlling' and the 'b-word'

There are women, too, who are more than willing to let men BE men (I know---I married one), as long as you meet them halfway...old-fashioned in gender roles? Sounds like more Tarzan-itis to me...there are some incredibly well-dressed, non-frumpy, highly attractive and desirable women right here in River City (America, that is)...just like there are men out here who know how to ACT like men, y'know, still be men and not have a breakdown when around a strong confident woman....

In general, if you prefer Asian and European women, for whatever reasons you outline, then more power to you...but don't sit up here and spout generalities about American women---YOU may not want them, but there are those who do, and further, maybe they (gasp!!) don't want YOU, for some reason or another, like, hmmmm , saying they are less desirable than foreign women...
Bullseye!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:

I would rep you again if i could

Old 10-07-2011, 10:02 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
^Exactly.

Let's keep it real here, people!

Actually, I'm willing to bet most the guys in this thread are really just getting off at being considered exotic themselves for once in their lives. lol.

Hey nothing wrong with that, but ya don't have to diss everyone else in the process of trying to making yourself look better.

Cuz that's when 'keeping it real' goes wrong...
Yes! I keeps it real shallow in this snitch.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:44 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Sounds like you to need to move somewhere else. Hopefully the women also text back immediately
Can't rep you at present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Asia I hear is where it's at. Good looking women, ladylike, submissive, and completely obsessed with American dudes. The panties drop before you even get your cheesy pick-up line completely out of your mouth.

I'm thinking I need to put a few more stamps on my passport!
I'd re-think that if I were you. There is not a Marine on this planet who does not know a fellow Marine who married someone in Asia whose wife never made the connecting flight at LA.

And I, myself, can tell you stories of supposedly "submissive" women turning into outright nadbreakers once the ring is on their finger and they get over here. Makes you wonder who is giving whom the pick-up lines.

Just remember: The reason so many of them want American men is because of the material goods they think American men can offer. If that is the foundation of your marriage, good luck.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:53 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
I've got a theory---like to hear it? Here it is...

All this American vs foreign born women boola-boola is the result of SOME of these guys (yeah I said SOME...the majority probably ain't like this) finding out that American women aren't taking any of their post-adolescent crapola, domestic violence, and 'me tarzan you Jane stay home and make babies and cook for Tarzan' BS, and are telling them to make like a walking stick and hit the bricks...

And this is no slight to foreign born women either...please don't take it as such...but it gets monotonous all the time, with this 'I'm gonna get me a foreign girl...you Western/American women are a bunch of ball-breaking, gold digging, loud-mouthed beeyotches who won't say how high when I say jump!'

How about a little truth...either your game is weaker than Charmin in a monsoon, and you need to step it up...or (gasp!) quit TRYING to run games and actually treat a woman with some dignity and respect...maybe then you won't be running across the ocean with your tails between your legs and your d***s slung over your shoulders, looking for some shrinking violet who's gonna kiss your a** 24/7 and not question anything you do...

Dang! That was beautiful!

Old 10-09-2011, 10:15 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,663,072 times
Combative dispositions are equally unappealing in American or foreign women. I want agreeable when I get home. There. Im such a man pig....Where's my meatloaf, b****.

Right before I broke up with my last gf, she showed me this list of what she is looking for in a man. At present it had 24 items. And she acknowledged our relationship allowed her to "trim down" the list to just the more "fundamental" TWENTY FOUR freggin' items of compatibility. Sweet Joseph in a donkey and doggie style Mary are American women effin serious?!? Yall are following white European women right down the path into genetic extinction. Agreeable gets you the carrot. Nobody is saying you can't have an opinion. But if you want to steer the boat for a living, you have to accept you're giving up a classical gender role and that comes with a price. So, yeah honey, you want mambi pambi land? have the meatloaf ready at six [proverbially speaking]. It doesn't have to make you feel degraded. Life's a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships