Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 04:28 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,296,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
It's just awful how some people talk about others esp in regards to age. I pray you maintain your memory long enough to remember the stupid things you've said when you get old.
You are old and you say them anyways. Like I said, accept your age and move on. You are old and will get older and things you see in the mirror will continue to change. Everybody, men/women, will go through that, no big deal. Take every year as it is.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,106,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You are old and you say them anyways. Like I said, accept your age and move on. You are old and will get older and things you see in the mirror will continue to change. Everybody, men/women, will go through that, no big deal. Take every year as it is.
Erm, I don't think she's much older than you, if at all...unless I'm mistaken? 40something?

Sorry to answer for Whyte_Bird but I noticed this is what you're falling back on...."OldOldOld oh come on fight back already!" We might not mind, hon...it seems you're the one worried about aging.

I feel kind of bad for you but then again some interesting points have been brought up in this thread.

I'll leave you alone for now but you seem to have an absolute dread of aging...Unless you're not aging well, I can't see what your fuss is about. It happens to all of us, just relax about it.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,102,223 times
Quote:
AsianRice said it first, but of course, if it comes from a woman, its acceptable, right?

Is it a lie that many american women are concerned about aging and therefore do all the things I mentioned before when it comes to aging?
There are many, many, many women who dont, myself included.
Now, go put your big boy panties on, admit that you're not right 100% of the time, and stop with the generalizations.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,246,589 times
Quote:
You are old and will get older and things you see in the mirror will continue to change. Everybody, men/women, will go through that, no big deal. Take every year as it is.
I agree with this portion. And I like the bolded especially. You're correct that some men will find women at any age to be desirable. I see that with my mom. She's 70 and beautiful for her age. She's married, not so happily, but they're in it for the rest of their days. She still has suitors. Men who are younger than her. She's always had perfect skin, tho. Never tanned in her life. Damn, what a smart decision on her part.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:10 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,411,117 times
Quote:
Yes, American women seem like they cannot accept the fact they will age and therefore have them spending all kinds of money, or making their man spend it, on all these so called "anti aging" products. No matter how much they splatter their face with, take pills, etc. They will get wrinkled, their breasts will drop lower and lower each year, they will get a tummy, gain weight, get gray hair, get more cellulite, etc. If they accept that fact I am sure they would have more money to take a rest in a tropical island, get a massage, buy their favorite brand stuff, etc. Asians seem to age a bit slower and remain slender regardless of being over 25 or having children compared to Americans where it is known how obesity IS a problem.
Quote:
AsianRice said it first, but of course, if it comes from a woman, its acceptable, right?

Is it a lie that many american women are concerned about aging and therefore do all the things I mentioned before when it comes to aging?
yes, I said it first but I never finish what I said either. I went to Asia this past summer and more Asian are beginning to buy these anti-cream stuff. I believe that's why I said "some American women" and "obsessed", not all. Perhaps I should have said "many Asian women are getting there too". Asian look young when they are young but once they age, they age. I also think that there are a lot of factors when it comes to obesity. I rarely see any obesity in Thailand and they tend to walk more. However, it is because their diets are different and is in the tropical area.

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying anti-aging/creme products as long as you are discipline because I know how easily one can be obsessed with youth. As I have witness in this forum, there are a lot of older women who accept themselves as they aged (although this is only a small portion compare to America) and I applause them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
I embrace my older body - including all that it brings! (which includes younger guys, also embracing it! )

Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,683,394 times
I don't know anyone who likes getting old...but considering the alternative...I just deal with it!!

Old 10-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 15 days ago)

2,049 posts, read 3,377,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
'Zactly, so it's all good. I am so glad to be a woman today as opposed to any other time period, really. I feel lucky in so many ways. Life's good.
This is so true!!

My 40's were truly the best years of my life, and who woulda ever thought they could be? It's awesome to know young men who appreciate and UNDERSTAND older women, even tho there seem to be not many of them on this forum. Those that do are gems. In sooo many ways.

I love men of all ages, but there is something special about a younger guy who respects where you are in life, appreciates your knowlege, is not intimidated by you in any way, and tells you how awesome you are.

The younger guys that i've known also told me so many things they disliked about girls their own age. And most of them were related to drama, cattyness, insecurities, and possessiveness. Young guys turn to older women for different reasons than you'd expect sometimes.

Like i say to everyone - if you dont like yourself, whatever age you are, and try to be the best you can be (within reason - to me) - you are going to be unhappy no matter if you slather on cream, have plastic surgery, have some young guy, or lie and pretend you are something else.

You're still always going to know your real age.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:31 PM

351 posts, read 538,989 times
If a guy has a lot going for him in terms of looks, financial success, and personality, there is absolutely no reason why he, regardless of his age, should settle for anything less than a very attractive 20 or 30 year old.

It really is nice and convenient that age and the aging process is the great equalizer. And it is very fitting indeed that all these aging women who once thought they were God's gift to men, and who at one time felt entitled to be extremely selective, eventually find that one of their most important assets (their looks) does not age nearly as gracefully as money.

Therefore, I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for 40 or 50 year old women who get dumped by successful guys. In fact, I applaud the successful guys who have enough respect for themselves to trade up to a "newer model" on a regular basis, just like with automobiles.

In today's economy, especially, there is no shortage of very attractive model-like 20 year old women who would be more than happy to be pampered by a 40 or 50 year old successful guy who does not need a woman to be anything more than a toy.

And any 40 or 50 year old woman on here who thinks they really hold a candle to a gorgeous fresh 20 year old, is delusional.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:47 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,597,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStudy178 View Post
If a guy has a lot going for him in terms of looks, financial success, and personality, there is absolutely no reason why he, regardless of his age, should settle for anything less than a very attractive 20 or 30 year old.

It really is nice and convenient that age and the aging process is the great equalizer. And it is very fitting indeed that all these aging women who once thought they were God's gift to men, and who at one time felt entitled to be extremely selective, eventually find that one of their most important assets (their looks) does not age nearly as gracefully as money.

Therefore, I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for 40 or 50 year old women who get dumped by successful guys. In fact, I applaud the successful guys who have enough respect for themselves to trade up to a "newer model" on a regular basis, just like with automobiles.

In today's economy, especially, there is no shortage of very attractive model-like 20 year old women who would be more than happy to be pampered by a 40 or 50 year old successful guy who does not need a woman to be anything more than a toy.

And any 40 or 50 year old woman on here who thinks they really hold a candle to a gorgeous fresh 20 year old, is delusional.
Whatever strokes your ego albeit flitting...carry on!

Old 10-12-2011, 11:17 PM

78 posts, read 81,382 times
Is this subject that hard to figure out and controversial? In general as women age they won't look as good as when they were in there 20-30s. I think most would agree this is pretty standard unless you have a fetish for older women. Men in general when it comes to looks prefer younger women to a middle aged woman. Whether the man with such a preference to younger women can get such a woman is another discussion.

For example it would be silly of me if I got all pissed off if a woman said in general, women find men with more money more attractive. Yeah I can go around and call this person a gold digger and other names but it would just make me look bitter and not know how our society works. Instead of doing this I have enough confidence in myself that despite me not having much in my savings account that I can still find a woman I like through my other qualities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.