Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:28 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just a hunch...I'm betting women your age don't find you attractive either
That's irrelevant. I you're just bothered by the fact that he wants to date YOUNGER women.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:55 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
That's irrelevant. I you're just bothered by the fact that he wants to date YOUNGER women.
You'd be amazed at how much most of us don't care. I mean seriously, we're not sitting at home crying in our wine that some guy wants to date a younger woman. Most of the men seemed to have more interest in this than the women.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:07 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,417,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
See this is kinda what i way saying/thinking. And this has been true for many years. In Hollywood they've ALWAYS been able to show 'ancient' (hehe) men in movies with very young women either chasing them, or in a relationship with them. It's been seen as perfectly normal.

Stallone does nothing for me, as do most guys his age. I def go for young guys. I dont know why the attraction is - and has been - so strong. My friends tease me and say it's becuz i never had kids, and never grew up lol
LOL me either. And you can keep the old fogeys. Stallone is repulsive, but I got the new Vanity Fair w/ Johnny Depp, and he's STILL hot!

Old 10-26-2011, 12:48 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
LOL me either. And you can keep the old fogeys. Stallone is repulsive, but I got the new Vanity Fair w/ Johnny Depp, and he's STILL hot!
^^ Johnny Depp really is still hot. The other older guys mentioned here as hot...They're handsome for their ages (usually) but not "sexy" to me (I'm in my 40s). I just haven't ever had the hots for someone significantly older than I. Who knows, I'm not saying it's impossible...I'm just saying that I will forever see someone 20 years my senior as my dad, whether he's handsome or ugly, rich or poor.

Older guys just have that "look" to their skin, around their eyes, etc., etc. that can't be hidden, though some celeb and non-celeb men (and women) do get plastic surgery to combat it. But, yeah. There's just a certain quality...even with looks (and I *can* acknowledge good looks in, say, a 65-year-old man), they have that "JerZ, I'm your dad" feel to them.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Here ya go folks...not to be disrespectful of the man himself, who has done some amazing work, but...no. Just...no. A big huge no.

Moderator cut: celebrity photos are copyrighted

As for George Clooney, good heavens on a popsicle stick but the man is ONLY 50. Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? I kept thinking he was 60-something since people always say he looks so hot "for his age" or "for an older man". But that could be a slanted perspective on my part as I'm only 6 years younger than he is. He seems sooooooo much older to me...but that could just be his presence as well. He has that "maturity" vibe.

Sorry, George. (And Sly.) It's not like I'm setting all the runways on fire wearing designer dresses and great hair either. But just...eh. Wanted to put in my feelings about this.

All that said, if I were *already in love with* either man, I'm sure I would continue loving him. Looks don't change that. But diving for a guy just because of looks, because looking at him made me that hot and I had to have him NOW, RIGHT NOW, and having that guy be one of these guys? Oh hells to the no. Now, somebody a li'l younger... not crazy-younger but...younger...and tight, no greys yet, high energy in various ways, well. That would be a different story. (I'm talking for boff-only purposes here, if it came to that in my life.) But let's not get off track here.

I am sorry. I can see why guys want to smash with younger girls if it's just physical, too. Emotional is a whole other story, but to say older guys are hot just standing there isn't true.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-27-2011 at 06:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships