Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 09:58 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Take it up with God/Nature. That's part of Life. It only 'ruins' the body because women feel pressured to have the perfect 'bikini bod', always striving for perfection. Most women do not meet this perfection standard: some kind of wish they would, but find happiness in who they are and the body they have, some don't care at all, some waste time, money and energy trying to attain that, sometimes fighting against nature.

Personally I think it's creepy if someone who 'apparently' looks like 30 dies of old age (like maybe Cher). Nothing wrong with anti-aging creams etc, but please, let's not making an obsession into it. Cosmetics companies are loving it. Nothing wrong with looking young, but please don't feel bad if you have a few crows-feet here and there or a saggy chin, not everyone cares as much as you. Just feel happy with who you are!
Living a healthy/fit lifestyle is not an obsession, tho, in our culture it might seem like it. I don't care what anyone does, but my plan is to follow in my mother's footsteps.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,102,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Living a healthy/fit lifestyle is not an obsession, tho, in our culture it might seem like it. I don't care what anyone does, but my plan is to follow in my mother's footsteps.
Never said it was. More the nuerotic preoccupation with the natural process of ageing. If scientists come up with a way to truly slow ageing, and maybe make us live up to 200 years and be in our biological 20s until our 40s, I'm all for it, but middle aged women spending thousands on plastic surgery to look how they did when they were 18?

I'm all for being healthy. Having a healthy body, skin.etc. What I think is silly is trying to artificially modify your appearance to look young with all that cosmetic surgery etc, or being religiously obsessed with every little wrinkle etc. If you want to waste your life away doing that fine (not saying you personally, but anyone who does that) it's a free country, but I'm just saying it's not something I will be losing sleep over.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:14 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Never said it was. More the nuerotic preoccupation with the natural process of ageing. If scientists come up with a way to truly slow ageing, and maybe make us live up to 200 years and be in our biological 20s until our 40s, I'm all for it, but middle aged women spending thousands on plastic surgery to look how they did when they were 18?

I'm all for being healthy. Having a healthy body, skin.etc. What I think is silly is trying to artificially modify your appearance to look young with all that cosmetic surgery etc, or being religiously obsessed with every little wrinkle etc. If you want to waste your life away doing that fine (not saying you personally, but anyone who does that) it's a free country, but I'm just saying it's not something I will be losing sleep over.
Yea, folk will do what they do. I don't think it's so much an issue for the majority, given that the majority aren't really healthy. And if people aren't concerned about health, they're certainly not concerned aging. Beyond vanity there is no down side to looking/feeling as young as possible (in a healthy way) from where I sit. Of course, that doesn't mean looking like an alien. My mom never had any surgeries outside a breast reduction. She's beautiful because she took care of herself. At 70 she regularly ball room dances, does all her own landscaping, home projects, works, and can probably run circles around many in their 30s. That's what I'm talking about.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:33 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,102,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, folk will do what they do. I don't think it's so much an issue for the majority, given that the majority aren't really healthy. And if people aren't concerned about health, they're certainly not concerned aging. Beyond vanity there is no down side to looking/feeling as young as possible (in a healthy way) from where I sit. Of course, that doesn't mean looking like an alien. My mom never had any surgeries outside a breast reduction. She's beautiful because she took care of herself. At 70 she regularly ball room dances, does all her own landscaping, home projects, works, and can probably run circles around many in their 30s. That's what I'm talking about.
Your mother is definitely an example that should be followed. If she takes care of herself (appearance, health), is happy and healthy, I am sure she will look as young as she can.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Quote:
I'm all for being healthy. Having a healthy body, skin.etc. What I think is silly is trying to artificially modify your appearance to look young with all that cosmetic surgery etc, or being religiously obsessed with every little wrinkle etc.
I totally agree. +1.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:07 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,386,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
We can debate men/women issues till the end of time. The OP drew first blood on this one.

I absolutely agree with your last statement which is exactly what I was pointing out to the OP. He can have preferences with out putting someone down simply because of their age.

He has one experience yet he's complaining to the whole world and generalizing women "his age". Who cares......get over it.
It is for that reason I stood down in this thread. The content seems mild enough, but the title is just going to tick a certain group off. Most people know the score. I don't know, maybe a thread about men dying sooner.
I noticed that me and my friends just signed up for another cruise in the Pacific. I find most of my male peers are dead or dying.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
i noticed that me and my friends just signed up for another cruise in the pacific. I find most of my male peers are dead or dying.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM

613 posts, read 1,019,180 times
It's natural for a man in his 40s who has never been married or had children, and yet is not gay, to want a woman young enough to have children. Men who have married and had families and are single later tend to be more open to women of various ages. Better get moving, you're not getting any younger.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:09 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,141,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

And women age faster and gain weight easier than men through the years.
I'm not buying that.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 AM

29,753 posts, read 34,434,332 times
The more onihC posts, the more it's apparent that everything he knows about women comes from Lifetime movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships