Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:18 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,430,079 times

Advertisements

You are all basically just a shallow bunch. What matters is the ugliness / beauty of the personality, not what the physical appearance is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 03:35 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,317,668 times
I think it is attraction that draws us in, but something much deeper keeps us there. So, if a very attractive man interests me, he has to have a lot more going for him to keep me. Also, it seems to me that many people, both men and women, are not at all realistic about their looks. I will hear or read a person talking about how attractive they are or how they have never been broken up with, and they are not that attractive. Because of this lack of reality sometimes people desire people that are way above them in the scale of attractiveness. As for me, I just like who I like. I don't really think their looks are as important as who they are. As far as the rights of ugly people to want beautiful people, shouldn't anyone be able to want whoever they want to...whether they get them or not is another question. Some truly beautiful people have turned out to be very ugly to me once I got to know them.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:49 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,407,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I think it is attraction that draws us in, but something much deeper keeps us there. So, if a very attractive man interests me, he has to have a lot more going for him to keep me. Also, it seems to me that many people, both men and women, are not at all realistic about their looks. I will hear or read a person talking about how attractive they are or how they have never been broken up with, and they are not that attractive. Because of this lack of reality sometimes people desire people that are way above them in the scale of attractiveness. As for me, I just like who I like. I don't really think their looks are as important as who they are. As far as the rights of ugly people to want beautiful people, shouldn't anyone be able to want whoever they want to...whether they get them or not is another question. Some truly beautiful people have turned out to be very ugly to me once I got to know them.
I agree with everything you said, but just want to add that physical appearance to the extent that it effects sexual attraction is important, right? I mean you could be one of those women (I think more women than men are this way) that really couldn't care less what a man looks like, that it has no bearing at all on whether she will be attracted to someone or not. But in men at least, this is seldom the case.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I agree with everything you said, but just want to add that physical appearance to the extent that it effects sexual attraction is important, right? I mean you could be one of those women (I think more women than men are this way) that really couldn't care less what a man looks like, that it has no bearing at all on whether she will be attracted to someone or not. But in men at least, this is seldom the case.

Yes, men seem to be more visual than women...hence the adult magazines for men. I am sure that I am not that holy that physical appearance doesn't matter at all; it is just not all I am looking for. Once I get to know a guy if all he has going for him is his looks, then, he is not for me. Also, it is more a man that carries himself well, knows who he is, has that certain something...than, a man that looks a certain way. My type is more about chemistry than just looks.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:42 PM

956 posts, read 1,115,169 times
Define ugly.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:49 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Yes, men seem to be more visual than women...hence the adult magazines for men. I am sure that I am not that holy that physical appearance doesn't matter at all; it is just not all I am looking for. Once I get to know a guy if all he has going for him is his looks, then, he is not for me. Also, it is more a man that carries himself well, knows who he is, has that certain something...than, a man that looks a certain way. My type is more about chemistry than just looks.
Women are as visual as Men..

Old 04-04-2011, 04:51 PM

629 posts, read 1,234,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Define ugly.

Ahaah. Your the first to actually ask Most people just use it as a term to define what THEY determine as unattractive. So like beauty it is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:51 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,711,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Define ugly.
I agree. Wha's ugly to you may not be ugly to someone else. What's attractive to you may not be attractive to someone else.

There all all types of people in this world. Each of us are destined to find someone. ... I'm still waiting :-(

Old 04-04-2011, 04:54 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,835,522 times
what the hell is an "ugly person"? you only are as beautiful or as ugly as you feel.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women are as visual as Men..
Yes, that is why there are so many adult magazines geared toward women, and so many adult clubs where men are stipping....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships