Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 04:14 PM

522 posts, read 719,327 times

Advertisements

well so it would seem vanity and testosterone are alive and kicking. personally i prefer intelligence and if they look good fine and if not oh well its my business end of fairy tale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 04:18 PM

522 posts, read 719,327 times
this is like a bad game of hot or not.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:34 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,979,811 times
Before I got married, I dated all kinds of women. Some were considered quite pretty, but they were boring people to be around. I also dated BBW's. I was interested in the person, not the cover. I wanted someone I could live with the rest of my life. Beauty fades fast.
My wife never even had a date in HS, but in my eyes she is and was very pretty. I couldn't believe such an attractive lady didn't attract more men. Too bad for them. They really passed up one great woman. Lesson. There is not "right" to a certain level of beauty. If beauty is the basis for anyones choosing of a mate/friend/ or SO, they have immediately classified themselves as very shallow, and no doubt will end up very unhappy.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:42 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,056,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee78 View Post
LMFAO @ hypocrisy!
Why? Because I don't find a certain look attractive? That's silly. Here's an important life lesson, Disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you're putting them down. And how am I bitter? I'm not the one having relationship problems. My man and I both feel the same about chasing someone younger with whom you probably have nothing in common except maybe you're willing to part with your money for a relationship and they're willing to be on your payroll.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:14 PM

56 posts, read 93,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampbird View Post
I think they are severely limited their chances, that's all. Very seldom will a hottie end up with an ugly.
Oh it happens, believe me. I've seen hot guys with girls who look like they belonged in a kennel. Same goes for pretty girls with ugly guys.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:07 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,056,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiffy0793 View Post
Oh it happens, believe me. I've seen hot guys with girls who look like they belonged in a kennel. Same goes for pretty girls with ugly guys.
Not always but there's often some sort of financial stability involved. I know a few men who married what many considered women to beneath them because of their looks. But the women were either financially independent or belonged to rich families. We know it happens with women, but it doesn't seem to be taken as seriously with men for some reason.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:37 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,717,803 times
In my case I dont have to date a supermodel..but I dont want someone uneasy on the eyes either. I like to think that what I find attractive is not that hard to find.I see it all the time. Its just everyone is taken!

Old 09-18-2011, 02:00 PM

541 posts, read 943,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Let me elaborate. While at work I was thinking (instead of working). How many people believe that unattractive or ugly people have no right or are hypoctites for only wanting very attractive people? Is that a clear question? This is most noticeable when one unattractive person asks out another unattractive person just to get shot down for not being attractive. Or when an attractive person brings on the whole "back off, your out of your league". Do many people believe in "leagues"? Or do you believe in the whole Hitch movie theory. That anyone can sweep anyone off their feet if they have the right broom.

I think people would think negatively that way about an ugly person wanting a attractive person. I notice it all the time. Its mean. that actually happened to me back in high school. I do believe a guy would be out of my league and I will not pursue him. AT ALL.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:26 PM

5 posts, read 13,156 times
Everyone is entitled to their own taste, BUT I believe people have a right to MUTUAL attractions. Some attractive people such as myself(not trying to be arrogant just honest) are only interested in other attractive people. If someone isn't interested in you don't keep pushing up on them. Have some respect and leave them alone. Personally I find it quite annoying when someone keeps trying to get my attention after I've done everything but skywrite that I have no interest in them. It's all about respect.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 PM

102,392 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Do many people believe in "leagues"? Or do you believe in the whole Hitch movie theory. That anyone can sweep anyone off their feet if they have the right broom.
It depends. But too much credence is given to leagues, with negative results. Women have been shocked to find out that the very guy they were preening for, or trying to get the attention of, considered them "out of their league". A lot of people are going around single and miserable because they don't even try to talk to the person they're interested in. The fact that there are a lot of short or very plain guys with gorgeous women, and visa-versa shows that there's a lot more to the mating game than assessments involving "leagues".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships