Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,133,687 times

Advertisements

I think people who are realistic have happier dating lives. And people often end up with someone who is about the same level of attractive as themselves. I know people who think they are way better looking than they really are, and I know people who are very attractive and don't give themselves enough credit. Looks aren't everything, but you can't have a successful relationship with someone you find physically repulsive no matter how sparkling their personality is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 03:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,992,533 times
Are there really only two classes? Ridiculously attractive and ridiculously ugly?

My ugly is your hot and vice versa. At the end of the day, you never know who will find you attractive, so you might as well go for it!

I had a funny experience a few weeks ago. I was out at a bar with a friend (and her friend, let's call her Susan) I hadn't met before. Or well I had met briefly once. Anyway we were sitting down with drinks, and a familiar face walks in (a really good looking guy.) I had met him another time at the same place, so I waved, and he came over to chat with me. I did a round of intros. And Susan just could not hide her shock. She proceeded to try every possible c**k-blocking move known to man to distract him from talking to me. [Like interrogating him to find out how we met......the nature of our relationship.....] #fail

In case you are really surprised, I haven't become friends with her. [For the record, the running joke in my social circle is that I know everyone. No one is surprised if we go somewhere and a random person who knows me comes up to chat.]

Old 05-13-2013, 03:36 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,161,967 times
I think ANYONE has the right to approach anyone of their choosing. If they are genuine, regardless of their looks, then there's a chance that the person they're approaching will like them back.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM

50,482 posts, read 64,364,027 times
Ok, here's the thing. If you are super smart and a nice guy, and therefore a potential good earner, you do not need to be attractive.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,378,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Let me elaborate. While at work I was thinking (instead of working). How many people believe that unattractive or ugly people have no right or are hypoctites for only wanting very attractive people? Is that a clear question? This is most noticeable when one unattractive person asks out another unattractive person just to get shot down for not being attractive. Or when an attractive person brings on the whole "back off, your out of your league". Do many people believe in "leagues"? Or do you believe in the whole Hitch movie theory. That anyone can sweep anyone off their feet if they have the right broom.
Everyone has a right to want what everyone is inclined to want...

...doesn't mean you will get it.

Now, in the event that we are talking about genetics, you can't change your genes, you can only make the most out of your genes.

In the case of someone who is a slob who does nothing with life expecting some top notch, in my mind that may be hypocritical. You want to receive the best? Be willing to give the best.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 05-13-2013 at 05:03 PM..

Old 05-13-2013, 05:03 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,760,036 times
some people aren't even aware of how unattractive they are in the first place. I've seen people's pictures where they claimed to be 'average' to 'attractive' and they were well below both. I think most people overestimate their looks because it makes them feel better, instead of being realistic.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:03 PM

2,635 posts, read 4,068,982 times
People have a right to want whatever they will; whether they'll actually get it will vary.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:04 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,378,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
You've got too much time on your hands.
What does that have to do with anything?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,992,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
some people aren't even aware of how unattractive they are in the first place. I've seen people's pictures where they claimed to be 'average' to 'attractive' and they were well below both. I think most people overestimate their looks because it makes them feel better, instead of being realistic.
I am probably an over-estimator. . Irrational confidence is a family trait of mine.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:02 PM

8 posts, read 15,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Are there really only two classes? Ridiculously attractive and ridiculously ugly?

My ugly is your hot and vice versa. At the end of the day, you never know who will find you attractive, so you might as well go for it!
I was going to say something exactly like this. At the end of the day it all comes down to what YOU prefer.

Someone who is not attractive to me can look like model material to someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships