Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 07:47 PM

13,009 posts, read 18,974,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman1965 View Post
I tired twenty years ago of Hollywood's message that frumpy, homely, unkempt, inarticulate beer-gut guys who sport tactless t shirts and plumber's cracks are ENTITLED to a sophisticated, articulate, classy, aesthetically aware woman who is a 10. I think that kind of irresponsible myth-making perpetuates a creepy stalker culture. If you want a 10 guys, cultivate your mind, body, spirit and persona; become a 10 before you seek one. Your underachieving existence does not entitle you!!
Of course, Hollywood says any woman bigger than size 2 is completely unattractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,216,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
BUT, they shouldn't expect sympathy while they whine about their unrealistic expectation.
They can expect it all they want...will they get it? Depends on who they are around, I suppose.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:55 AM

415 posts, read 617,350 times
Oh, Homer Simpson's clones can dream all they want, but that doesn't mean they are entitled to Megan Fox's clone.

Of course, even Homer had hair and was skinny when he met and married Marge.

Its been my experience that men who are less than average (I've met a few) have better expectations than average men. Average looking men, the bald, fat, lives with Mommy and Daddy variety suffer from delusions of grandeur and think that nothing short of a supermodel is worthy. I've met a ton of them.

I'm willing to admit I'm closer to average in appearance. I've given up on men. Better to die alone than deal with Homer Simpson's real life clones.

I've already started a thread on a subject similar to this -- about men with their heads in their clouds. Because those of us women who are not morbidly obese are probably workout slaves who spend time at a gym or outside to maintain our shape, but we're supposed to settle for a fat slob, because as women we supposedly don't care about looks (which is a lie).

I think its high time we women quit sleeping with men the way we do -- that's probably the only way they'll change.

And this whole concept of attractiveness is nothing new. Old people can tell you about it. Funny how when you look at pictures of old people when they were younger, they were evenly matched, and you don't hear of my grandparents generation demanding perfection when they were average looking and/or poor.

My grandfather, for instance, had enough brain matter and lack of entitlement complex to realize that he was older, going bald, and had been divorced, and therefore his attractiveness to women had probably dropped, and settled for the first one that was similar to him (my grandmother) rather than hoping some movie starlet clone would date and marry him with his baggage, his poverty, and lack of hair.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:57 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,765,936 times
Hah, you have the "right" to be attracted to whomever you're attracted to. There are no "rights," as far as this goes.

Are you realistically going to GET somebody where there is a major divide in physical attractiveness? In all probability, no, although outliers do of course exist, typically if there's some other attractive component that is valued as or more highly by the other party at work.

But you certainly have the "right" to be attracted to whomever you ARE attracted to. There aren't any rules governing this.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:35 PM

376 posts, read 667,638 times
and to think of it... people need to stop equating good looks with being a good person or having a good person or being desirable. the real question should be should a good looking person be entitled to whoever they want if they have nothing going for them and a lousy personality.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:45 PM

410 posts, read 835,764 times
Men are pickier in the looks department. A woman might go out with a guy even if there isn't initial attraction - if he makes her laugh, etc. She might think he'll grow on her.

A man will not ask out a woman he is not attracted to. Period.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:56 PM

376 posts, read 667,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbird View Post
men are pickier in the looks department. A woman might go out with a guy even if there isn't initial attraction - if he makes her laugh, etc. She might think he'll grow on her.

bullship.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 PM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,264,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampbird View Post
Men are pickier in the looks department. A woman might go out with a guy even if there isn't initial attraction - if he makes her laugh, etc. She might think he'll grow on her.

I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
bullship.
I see tons of couples where the woman is a hottie and the guy is plain or even ugly. But I can think of only a handful of couples where the man is a hottie and the woman either a plain Jane or ugly. Women are a lot more forgiving about a man's looks and handicaps.

An ugly person can desire who they want, but they need to be realistic about their situation. Just as all of us at one time or another have had crushes on movie stars or musicians. I think that some ugly people blame their poor looks solely for their lack of success with those that look like 10's. But they forget that people who are 10's happen to have a very large number of people who want to date them. Even good looking people have a hard time trying to date hotties.

And just as ugly people will blame beautiful people for being shallow for not wanting to date them... those same ugly people are being just as shallow for only wanting to date people that look beautiful on the outside.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:25 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,294,889 times
I think it comes down to money. Guys will get involved with the best looking girls that they can afford. Look at Hugh Hefner and Donald Trump. You think they would have all of those hot women in their lives if they were broke? Nope! So all this feel good nonsense is really just simple economics.

Look at the Maloof Bros. all kinds of hot women but they don't care that they're being used for money.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,129,718 times
One thing that's guaranteed to make Quasimodo irresistable to women?

Millions of dollars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships