Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:32 PM

115 posts, read 355,541 times

Advertisements

I think the better question for me to ask is: Where do single girls around my age hang out on a Friday/Saturday night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 06:26 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,693,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post

I feel like I'm locked in a cage here and the most pitiful part of it all is that my charming looks are wasted on a hermit like me. lol. I should probably trade skins with some social but ugly guy.
It sounds like you need a little confidence! I seriously think with that, you would have the girls roliin` in! Good luck!

Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 PM

115 posts, read 355,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
It sounds like you need a little confidence! I seriously think with that, you would have the girls roliin` in! Good luck!

Alright, you got me. Now where can I practice this pent-up confidence of mine, someplace realistic to meet members of the opposite sex?

Like I really want to go out somewhere tonight by myself and see what will come of it, but haven't to clue whereto! lol

Old 04-08-2011, 06:38 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,114,308 times
Quote:
Who am I going to go with? Myself?

I'm sick of doing everything by myself, I probably give off the loner vibe anyway when I go someplace where everyone else knows each other except for me.

I don't think there is any place nearby like the club you're describing...I live in the suburbs if that helps.
Same thing here.
I'm 27, never had a GF before, but strangely enough all my other siblings hit it off way earlier and I'm the oldest!!

Anywho, I'm guessing I could switch it up by getting a car again, and perhaps also changing professions.
I've been either working security or driving a semi-truck(funny, since I don't actually own a car, but got a CDL!!).
One makes too little money, the other one rakes it in.
But I'm pretty much not in a single place all the time and I have no desire to have multiple GF's and cheat.
Aside from going to the gym and get in better shape than I a currently am in, a career field that isn't a total sausage fest is the other strategy I'm going for.
After having talks with my pimp of a little brother, it does appear that consistent contact with women on a "normalized" basis would garner some improvement in ones speaking skills with the opposite sex.

Cutting to the chase, I would actually want to start going out on dates and treading the water before taking any "full-plunges".

We've both got a lot of work to do and plenty of years left before we're "old", LETS GET IT CRACKIN'!!

Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Alright, you got me. Now where can I practice this pent-up confidence of mine, someplace realistic to meet members of the opposite sex?

Like I really want to go out somewhere tonight by myself and see what will come of it, but haven't to clue whereto! lol
Go to church, the grocery store, work or why not try the online dating sites they have so many of nowdays?

How about friends of your friends?

Don`t be afraid to put yourself out there...with the "confidence" that you have all pent up, I`m sure that you will do great!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,887,409 times
Quote:
Who am I going to go with? Myself?

I'm sick of doing everything by myself, I probably give off the loner vibe anyway when I go someplace where everyone else knows each other except for me.

I don't think there is any place nearby like the club you're describing...I live in the suburbs if that helps.
You don't need friends but they are helpful when you got time to kill... Talk to girls and LIE and then LIE AGAIN... and KEEP LYING.... tell them its your birthday then ask them for a birthday kiss, you wouldn't believe how many girls fall for that... if you have a suburb, isn't there a club in the downtown area? If not, go to another close by city... bottom line, HAVE A FREAKING FUN TIME... WOOHOO...

Old 04-08-2011, 07:09 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,431,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You don't need friends but they are helpful when you got time to kill... Talk to girls and LIE and then LIE AGAIN... and KEEP LYING.... tell them its your birthday then ask them for a birthday kiss, you wouldn't believe how many girls fall for that... if you have a suburb, isn't there a club in the downtown area? If not, go to another close by city... bottom line, HAVE A FREAKING FUN TIME... WOOHOO...
This is terrible advice . . .

Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
This advice reminds me of the movie called: Just Go With It, with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Anniston.
In reality, not a good idea.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,707,895 times
Quote:
yes, nothing is better than basing your entire connection to someone on a pile of lies

he's trying to meet women, not do intel work for the CIA

Old 04-08-2011, 08:26 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,717,979 times
Quote:
What are your interests? From there, I might be able to suggest somewhere you can meet like-minded people that are your age.

I agree not to drink and drive and you'll meet no one in a club.
I agree that a club is a terrible place to meet a woman. The music is too loud to even hear yourself think in a club. You just end up drunkenly shouting into an overly made-up and dressed up woman's ear. Many ritzy clubs are very overly dressed up, superficial environments that are all about looks and money. Also, most women don't go to clubs in the city to meet men unless they are NBA players.

A dressed down low-key bar or lounge that plays good music with a cozy neighborhood feel is a much better bet in terms of meeting a girl on the weekend. Just make sure you don't drink and drive or get stupid drunk. Here in DC, there is a lounge that I absolutely love where I often flirt with and meet attractive eligible women without even trying at a few of these places.

I've also met women at concerts. You'd be surprised, but a concert can be a good place to meet a woman because you both already have something in common through the music you both like.

Ultimately, my best advice to you is to not be afraid to go out by yourself. It's all about your confidence. I've met many women who I have dated when I was out on the prowl by myself. Also, I bet you have at least one close or semi-close male friend who you can go out on the town with to be your wingman. Even if you don't, it's no problem either.

At the end of the day, you just have to be patient. I've had an online dating profile for a year, but I only started talking to a girl using it a few weeks ago. However, this girl I am currently talking to was a semi-acquaintance from college who I caught checking me out online. She is really hot and has a down to earth personality from what it seems. I'm going out with her tomorrow for the first time and I am a tiny bit anxious because I haven't had a date in a year and I just turned 28 last week. But its all about patience, you can't make your dream woman appear out of thin air.

Last edited by goldenchild08; 04-08-2011 at 08:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships