Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,142,446 times

Advertisements

Most of the guys I've met who had kids in their 20's...

Lets just say they 'didn't plan on it'

Same with the women it seems, but a smaller %.
-That being due to (One example) my Coz's Ex wife... who 'trapped him' into marrying her by intentionally getting knocked up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 09:16 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,654,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Most of the guys I've met who had kids in their 20's...

Lets just say they 'didn't plan on it'

Same with the women it seems, but a smaller %.
-That being due to (One example) my Coz's Ex wife... who 'trapped him' into marrying her by intentionally getting knocked up!
Omg!!! WTH is wrong with those women who get knocked up to get married!? What is the logic? And I feel sorry for those children!!

Old 05-31-2011, 11:40 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,069,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Omg!!! WTH is wrong with those women who get knocked up to get married!? What is the logic? And I feel sorry for those children!!
I think that's messed up. It's strongly recommended that all CF men get vasectomies before they marry, if they do want to get married.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:58 AM

896 posts, read 1,858,546 times
While I'm not even religious, im 24 and I know that I want kids. I'm not in a huge rush though. I just got married and I, ideally would like to wait anywhere from another 1 to 4 years before I have a child, but that will have to be negotiated with my wife who is 27 (older than me). I'm a cancer so I have the mothering instinct as well (doesn't matter that I'm a guy). If my wife got pregnant tomorrow I would be okay with it. It would be a shock as well as a struggle but I would still embrace the experience. So it's definitely untrue that all guys don't want kids in their 20s. I've always known that I want 1 or 2 kids.

In regards to you, OP, I think it's perfectly acceptable to not desire children, and I dont even find that strange seeing as you're a cancer as well. I think it's all about having and nurturing children in any way. For instance, my sister in law is a cancer, about 34 years old I think, and could care less about marrying or having kids. The thing is, she puts her inner nature to work via her career as a social worker, and in that sense, every suffering child in her county is her child that she cares for. Maybe you're a similar type of a person. Not necessarily the same thing, but that you may just have a different way of going about "motherhood" completely, even devoid of a children.

And of course, you really may just not have any idea as to what you'll want in the future, regardless of how strong your feelings are about it right now. You are a cancer.

Just my opinion

Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
While I'm not even religious, im 24 and I know that I want kids. I'm not in a huge rush though. I just got married and I, ideally would like to wait anywhere from another 1 to 4 years before I have a child, but that will have to be negotiated with my wife who is 27 (older than me). I'm a cancer so I have the mothering instinct as well (doesn't matter that I'm a guy). If my wife got pregnant tomorrow I would be okay with it. It would be a shock as well as a struggle but I would still embrace the experience. So it's definitely untrue that all guys don't want kids in their 20s. I've always known that I want 1 or 2 kids.

In regards to you, OP, I think it's perfectly acceptable to not desire children, and I dont even find that strange seeing as you're a cancer as well. I think it's all about having and nurturing children in any way. For instance, my sister in law is a cancer, about 34 years old I think, and could care less about marrying or having kids. The thing is, she puts her inner nature to work via her career as a social worker, and in that sense, every suffering child in her county is her child that she cares for. Maybe you're a similar type of a person. Not necessarily the same thing, but that you may just have a different way of going about "motherhood" completely, even devoid of a children.

And of course, you really may just not have any idea as to what you'll want in the future, regardless of how strong your feelings are about it right now. You are a cancer.

Just my opinion
Thank you. Yes, I can see myself working with children in need one day. Also, thank you for not attacking me for this. I've gotten some rude comments.

Yes, you're right. There is a chance I could change my mind one day, but in all honesty, I can't see that happening. I'll just have to see how things play out in a few years and see if I still don't want them.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I think that's messed up. It's strongly recommended that all CF men get vasectomies before they marry, if they do want to get married.
I agree. That is messed up. While some people criticize me about the vasectomy stance, you agree. If a man does not want marriage or children, he should be responsible. If he's not going to practice abstinance, than at least take any precautionary methods necessary.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:56 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,437,359 times
Quote:
I agree 100%.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
Quote:
I don't understand why a man who doesn't want children wouldn't get a vasectomy, married or not, unless he is celibate.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:51 PM

328 posts, read 603,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't understand why a man who doesn't want children wouldn't get a vasectomy, married or not, unless he is celibate.
Complications, lowered testosterone production, etc.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Complications, lowered testosterone production, etc.
Seems like a risk one would be willing to make rather than unexpectedly siring a child, if abstinence is out of the question. My husband had no complications; I don't think most men who have the procedure experience any side effects other than discomfort during the healing process.

An alternative would be to use multiple forms of birth control at the same time, every time, but even that is not 100%. If a guy really doesn't want to ever have children or pay child support, it seems like the only reliable options are to zip it or snip it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships