Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 06:59 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,554,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
" Guys: What is your biggest complaint about Women??"

Not promiscuous enough!

Not promiscuous with me enough.

In other words, joe shmoe the low level drug dealer who always owes money and gets in jail is more worthy of your love than a halfway responsible adult.

Then again, she prefers the Jesse Pinkman character in Breaking Bad, flirts with relapse, and listens to songs that are about people on the road to recovery and relapse. I like foreshadowing, but it sure does suck.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:14 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,736,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm long past the storm door. I did help my mom restore her computer to an earlier date via the phone, which drove me crazy. And I walked the dog. Mom is still on the phone, on speaker now, asking me how to navigate her email. We've been doing this for more than 5 years now.

Good luck with the landscaping and see you later (hopefully).
LOL....five years. I have to say though Braunwyn, I admire your mother for being tenacious enough to stick with it, for continuing to try to master the computer, rather than giving up. I love my mom, but she will not even attempt to learn how to use a computer. She says she's too old. Personally, I think she's just afraid of failure. She knows how to do a great many things, but electronics are not included in that list.

Landscaping went great ((thank you)) and things are coming together. I've got several more days of work in this particular yard as it's getting a complete restructuring. I am a person who loves change and after living with a landscape design for a few years, I like to rip out all but the trees and start fresh. Hubby is funny, he'll say, "What's wrong with it the way it IS? I LIKE it the way it is!" As the design starts to take shape and is completed, he says, "YEAH, this is really NICE...you know...I like it BETTER this way!"

The man is exceedingly grateful to be married to someone who is a landscaper. He gets all of the perks without having to lift a finger. The poor man, sometimes when I'm on a re-do spree, I'm afraid he feels snowballed over though. He never knows what the house or yard is going to look like when he gets home. I'm so unpredictable.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post

In other words, joe shmoe the low level drug dealer who always owes money and gets in jail is more worthy of your love than a halfway responsible adult.

Then again, she prefers the Jesse Pinkman character in Breaking Bad, flirts with relapse, and listens to songs that are about people on the road to recovery and relapse. I like foreshadowing, but it sure does suck.
This is really sad. Seriously, even most of us women don't understand this and feel awful for guys because of women who are so messed up that they end up going for guys who are terrible for them. If this is or has happened to you, I truly am very sorry.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 AM

521 posts, read 1,152,813 times
Default that's so NOT true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Time View Post
Complaints? Most woment are amazing, nurturing people. But, there are certain women . . .

I don't think women should be fake. (Fake tan, fake nails, fake hair, implants, lipo, plastic surgery, and too much make-up.)

Fake women perpetuate the dumb blonde and other stereotypes.
Most women are NOT amazing NURTURING women! If that were true, then women would be kind to their own sex, other women, and most are not!
Really.... give us what don't like about women. I'd probably agree with most of it.
Yeah... women can work now.. why do they need a millionaire to take care of them? They want everything, they want to keep up with the Jones? That's superficial!
Who cares about the Jones? That's why our economy is in such a Chit hole today.. everyone had to act like they were milionaires with the best houses, best lawn, best cars, best clothes, etc, etc etc.
See where it got us? We now living in the dumps money wise, nation wide. Thanks superficial people, you got what you wanted! A fiasco.
anyway... I'm not fond of people who have to ask all sorts of personal questions when I first meet them either. I find that invasive and uncomfortable.
I'd rather just discuss world events, local happenings, a concert or movie they've seen, and get a jist of how they view the world, not HAVE to know EXACTLY where they work, or where they live. I love meeting people who don't even ask your name and then you go on to have a lengthy conversation about all kinds of stuff. I love those kind of people. That's called being friendly, though, not nosey.
Nosey people seem to be widespread these days, for whatever reason, sadly.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:22 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,216,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post

Um, the only women that got with the character Jesse were either prostitutes or drug addicts. I have little doubt any guy here could get those type of people in the sack.

But, I love Breaking Bad!

Old 07-02-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
LOL....five years. I have to say though Braunwyn, I admire your mother for being tenacious enough to stick with it, for continuing to try to master the computer, rather than giving up. I love my mom, but she will not even attempt to learn how to use a computer. She says she's too old. Personally, I think she's just afraid of failure. She knows how to do a great many things, but electronics are not included in that list.
I give her credit, too. She is tenacious. Getting her to boot up in safe mode and locate the system restore is impressive. The thing is, as I'm asking her to read to me what's on the list of options, she's half speaking what she reads, sees something that she thinks makes more sense, and then goes with that for awhile. Then I have to figure out where she is and bring her back. But, she did it! I think it was just a corrupted windows update, but who knows.

My MIL has a computer, too. And she calls me everything few weeks with an issue. I don't know how old your mom is, but the over 70 crowd sometimes have a hard time with it. Not my dad, tho. He loves his electronic toys.

Quote:
Landscaping went great ((thank you)) and things are coming together. I've got several more days of work in this particular yard as it's getting a complete restructuring. I am a person who loves change and after living with a landscape design for a few years, I like to rip out all but the trees and start fresh. Hubby is funny, he'll say, "What's wrong with it the way it IS? I LIKE it the way it is!" As the design starts to take shape and is completed, he says, "YEAH, this is really NICE...you know...I like it BETTER this way!"
I'd love to see some pics. It would be great if you documented it. Do you draw it up first? Or do you just have a vision in your mind's eye and then set to it?

Quote:
The man is exceedingly grateful to be married to someone who is a landscaper. He gets all of the perks without having to lift a finger. The poor man, sometimes when I'm on a re-do spree, I'm afraid he feels snowballed over though. He never knows what the house or yard is going to look like when he gets home. I'm so unpredictable.
That's awesome. He's lucky!

Old 07-02-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
Most women are NOT amazing NURTURING women! If that were true, then women would be kind to their own sex, other women, and most are not!
Really.... give us what don't like about women. I'd probably agree with most of it.
Yeah... women can work now.. why do they need a millionaire to take care of them? They want everything, they want to keep up with the Jones? That's superficial!
Who cares about the Jones? That's why our economy is in such a Chit hole today.. everyone had to act like they were milionaires with the best houses, best lawn, best cars, best clothes, etc, etc etc.
See where it got us? We now living in the dumps money wise, nation wide. Thanks superficial people, you got what you wanted! A fiasco.
anyway... I'm not fond of people who have to ask all sorts of personal questions when I first meet them either. I find that invasive and uncomfortable.
I'd rather just discuss world events, local happenings, a concert or movie they've seen, and get a jist of how they view the world, not HAVE to know EXACTLY where they work, or where they live. I love meeting people who don't even ask your name and then you go on to have a lengthy conversation about all kinds of stuff. I love those kind of people. That's called being friendly, though, not nosey.
Nosey people seem to be widespread these days, for whatever reason, sadly.
Yes, MOST women ARE caring and nurturing people, and are you blaming WOMEN for being the materialistic ones!? I hope not, because you're just as likely to find that SOME men refuse to be outdone! If Joe Blow has a fancy house and excellent lawn, or a new truck, you can bet they're going to run their butts out there and get a BETTER, or BIGGER, or more BAD A$$ ________ than they've got!

Many of those women out there who are tearing each other apart are doing so because some MEN/MAN has created a competition and helped to destroy their self-esteem. Women are no different than men. They simply want to be GOOD ENOUGH, and some of them will point out flaws in others in a great attempt to LOOK good enough. That doesn't make them any different than some men!

And I STILL say, if you aren't ashamed or trying to hide things, afraid of being judged as "less", you don't give a crap if people are asking you questions. Hey, personally, I've made mistakes and done things I'm not proud of....what makes me the "bigger" person, is that I don't CARE if someone is going to judge me as being imperfect. I AM! I've made mistakes. Big deal. That doesn't make me any less perfect than anyone else. If someone is going to hold my imperfections against me....I say MEH, they're not worth my time and I don't want anything to do with them anyway. So?....Ask away!!

Old 07-02-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Yes, MOST women ARE caring and nurturing people, ...
I think so, too. I know there are catty women out there, but unless I live in a completely insulated world, my experiences with women have been great. I love my sisters.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I give her credit, too. She is tenacious. Getting her to boot up in safe mode and locate the system restore is impressive. The thing is, as I'm asking her to read to me what's on the list of options, she's half speaking what she reads, sees something that she thinks makes more sense, and then goes with that for awhile. Then I have to figure out where she is and bring her back. But, she did it! I think it was just a corrupted windows update, but who knows.

My MIL has a computer, too. And she calls me everything few weeks with an issue. I don't know how old your mom is, but the over 70 crowd sometimes have a hard time with it. Not my dad, tho. He loves his electronic toys.

I'd love to see some pics. It would be great if you documented it. Do you draw it up first? Or do you just have a vision in your mind's eye and then set to it?

That's awesome. He's lucky!
You're a very descriptive writer. I can actually see your mom doing the same thing. I've gone that route with a few friends, while helping them to get their computer back up and on track. It's great when they are able to fix it themselves, via the phone instructions. I do understand her "wandering" though....LOL Meanwhile, you're trying to picture in YOUR mind what she's looking at. LOL Yes, my mother is 85..well over the 70 mark and there is no WAY she'll go anywhere near a computer. Heck, she never mastered a VCR!

As for the yard...I'm TERRIBLE about befores, afters, etc. I'm always taking starts and cuttings, starting things from seeds, so I ALWAYS have ample plants to fill in new areas. I rarely draw up plans anymore though, because once I get out there to "dig in" if you will, I'll change my mind. I can't count the number of times I've spent a great deal of time planning on paper, only to get ticked at myself for wasting so much time not getting dirty. They plans simply ended up in the garbage.

This year is going to be a big one though, as I have over 40 Western White Pine and 15 Douglas Fir that have to go into the ground as well as probably 60 other "potted" plants. I got about 1/2 of the trees potted up to 2-1/2 gal pots last year, but still have many still in 1 gal containers. Oops....I forgot about those 5, 5 gal-sized cedars who need to find a space this year too! See what I mean....I have so many that it takes far more than a piece of paper to keep them straight. LOL

Incidentally, I'm one of those "organized chaos" gardeners. LOL I can't stand an institutionalized looking yard and there's a fine line between looking completely "natural" and being messy and unkept. When I'm through, I don't want it to look like it was newly landscaped, but like it's been there for 100 years.

Okay.....back out and to it! Have a wonderful day today!

Last edited by beachmel; 07-02-2011 at 09:07 AM..

Old 07-02-2011, 09:03 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,675,700 times
Quote:
LOL I know right? Dang men. j/k. Home repairs/projects tend to be my cup of tea, although the dh has been fighting with the lawnmower for a few days lol. He wanted to take it in to be serviced. nope! not going to happen. To be fair, I've already installed one storm door, so I have a better idea of how to tackle it. And that one was custom. This other one is a cheapo, so it should be easy (relatively, but I always say that).

You did an Awesome job on the front storm door, hon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships