Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 03:11 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,192,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
It is when it's ALWAYS women doing it. Men know better! Imagine that??
Men know better . Women have fathers. Why don't fathers teach them better?

Old 07-02-2011, 03:20 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,729,361 times
Quote:
See, now why would you say that. You just proved a point I have been making. Why would you even suggest that? I got ya....show your hand!
Show my hand?! I could do that....but then I'd have to....well, you know the drill. LOL Now why did I have to say what exactly? Which portion are you referring to, the compulsive liar bit or the every changing, multi-faceted part?

Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 PM

2,736 posts, read 2,798,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
The question always seems to come up on here..."is he or isn't he?" The gals are referring to a male poster. Often you get it wrong. The guy who you think is, ISN'T. The guy who you think isn't sure as hell is! Confused? Us guys reading along never were. That guy is not BSing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Show my hand?! I could do that....but then I'd have to....well, you know the drill. LOL Now why did I have to say what exactly? Which portion are you referring to, the compulsive liar bit or the every changing, multi-faceted part?
The compulsive liar part. The dudes know I'm not kidding. Why do the women always second guess or try to pick apart? They don't know any better!

Old 07-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post

I KNOW!! RIGHT!? I'll be honest with you, there was a time when my hubby was a bit...umm selfish about teaching our kids, especially our daughter, how to do things. She would say, "Dad, how do you _____?" He'd say, "Lemme look at it." Then he'd DO it for her. She'd come in and say, "Gosh Mom! Why does he DO that? Does he think I'm STUPID or something!? If he does it FOR me, I'm never going to know how to do it mySELF!" Turns out, and this was out of his own mouth...."She's not going to need me for ANYTHING, then she's just going to take off and never come around. If there are some things that the kids can't do, they'll HAVE to come around, cuz they'll need me."

Okay...that was old hubby...LOL New hubby does understand now that even though they're self-sufficient, they still NEED daddy...because they love him and he's their dad...and they sooooo appreciate everything he/we've taught them! They're around because they enjoy us and they love us....not because they "need" us.

Also, frankly Crisan, there are guys out there who feel as if it would be breaking the "man code" if they taught their daughters what they should know about MEN. I mean, dissing on men is like telling on themselves, and they don't want their kids viewing them in that light!

Old 07-02-2011, 03:30 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
That's why they all THINK until they have to call somebody!
Ok, what are we talking about here? Call somebody for what? I think people can surprise themselves when there isn't somebody to call. Of course, that's just for smaller things, I guess.

Quote:
Complaint #2 Everyday women who think they are better and smarter than a PRO! We all find out eventually!
Being able-bodied and using the noodle doesn't mean a person thinks they have greater skill than a pro. Some things can be accomplished by DIY'ers, tho. Granted, first cracks at a project will probably be wanting, but that's the case for everybody.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
The question always seems to come up on here..."is he or isn't he?" The gals are referring to a male poster. Often you get it wrong. The guy who you think is, ISN'T. The guy who you think isn't sure as hell is! Confused? Us guys reading along never were. That guy is not BSing!

The compulsive liar part. The dudes know I'm not kidding. Why do the women always second guess or try to pick apart? They don't know any better!
Believe it or not, no ALL women do that. However...on the pick apart business? ...I think that so often, women's minds are spinning 100 mph, having complex, multi-tasking thought processes. When a woman sees a scowl on her man's face, his body language is tense (just like it is when he's pi$$ed off), it's a little hard to believe him when he says, "Nothin's wrong! I'm not mad about anything!"

Old 07-02-2011, 03:36 PM

2,736 posts, read 2,798,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Ok, what are we talking about here? Call somebody for what? I think people can surprise themselves when there isn't somebody to call. Of course, that's just for smaller things, I guess.

Being able-bodied and using the noodle doesn't mean a person thinks they have greater skill than a pro. Some things can be accomplished by DIY'ers, tho. Granted, first cracks at a project will probably be wanting, but that's the case for everybody.
Well for starters, you don't have a license or proper training! Second, after you get electrocuted or fall, you won't need us anyway! Last, when it still won't run, and or blows up or throws a rod, I'm laughing with your husband when he says..... "I told ya so honey!"

Old 07-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

LOL...Exactly. It's not as if pros weren't beginners at one time. Practice makes perfect and you learn a whole lot from your mistakes....well, some people do, some just give up and say, "I'm no good at that"!

Old 07-02-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Well for starters, you don't have a license or proper training! Second, after you get electrocuted or fall, you won't need us anyway! Last, when it still won't run, and or blows up or throws a rod, I'm laughing with your husband when he says..... "I told ya so honey!"
....and that's why I'm glad I'm married to a master mechanic who is also an excellent electrician!! Hey HOOOOOON?

Old 07-02-2011, 03:42 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Believe it or not, no ALL women do that. However...on the pick apart business? ...I think that so often, women's minds are spinning 100 mph, having complex, multi-tasking thought processes.
Based on what I've read-Women have 10x more white matter (connections) and closely packed neurons in grey matter (6x less over all grey matter compared to men, tho, men do not have tightly packed neurons); this is thought to account for faster processing in the brain. So yea, you're probably correct with your observations. I notice it as well, but not with older women (thinking of my mom lol; I'm terrible!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.