Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 05:13 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,265,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Well, my husband has no problem killing them but I know he is afraid of them. Speaking of which, I remember hanging out at my ex-boyfriend's friend's house, with the ex and other friends. A cockroach came crawling above us under the ceiling. Everybody got up slowly to move away and then it started flying towards us! Guess who screamed with the highest pitch and who also managed to run out of the room first? The guys! I do believe I got shoved to the side by my ex's best friend.
My dh is not allowed to kill them if possible. LOL. I'm a long time veg, so it's typically a big nuisance. Roaches, OTOH, are dead. Nope. It's funny that the guys were running tail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
Nothing to do with cars. Part of my job is fixing DIY F ups after they have been red tagged and deemed unsafe and or not working. Some after the person has already DIED in the house. It's all in a days work!
I don't doubt it and 2:1 all of those eff ups were by males. And 2:1 none of them were scientists or engineers. If I can build a battery in a lab I can figure out basic wiring in my home. None of it has to do with gender, but incompetence, which is clearly gender neutral. And there is no argument regarding scientists and competence. For you to make the assertion simply based on gender is bewildering.

I'm curious, tho, give me a highlighted, detailed story about what you've come across.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 PM

2,736 posts, read 2,808,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And they are ALL women that call you? No man has ever screwed things up?
They do that too! That's when you know you are good and it's HARD STUFF! Like I said.... HE/SHE will STILL be calling!

Old 07-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And they are ALL women that call you? No man has ever screwed things up?
Surely, none of them were women. Very few engage in DIY projects and those that do, ime, are obsessed with quality and doing it right. Maybe on that end all the silly gender claims do some women right, and some men wrong.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
My dh is not allowed to kill them if possible. LOL. I'm a long time veg, so it's typically a big nuisance. Roaches, OTOH, are dead. Nope. It's funny that the guys were running tail!

I don't doubt it and 2:1 all of those eff ups were by males. And 2:1 none of them were scientists or engineers. If I can build a battery in a lab I can figure out basic wiring in my home. None of it has to do with gender, but incompetence, which is clearly gender neutral. And there is no argument regarding scientists and competence. For you to make the assertion simply based on gender is bewildering.

I'm curious, tho, give me a highlighted, detailed story about what you've come across.
Well, you have a lot to learn. They always think they know better and ignore warnings and advice until it doesn't work out as planned or they get frustrated.

7,965 posts, read 11,759,572 times
Quote:
BTW, about that lawnmower. If you have verified you have ignition and spark, good plugs, oil is full, clean air filter and it's not locked up... I'd look at the carb. The EPA and their wonderful ethanol ruins them regularly. Some can be rebuilt, others are ate up and junk and need replaced. They were never designed for that much ethanol in small gas engines. A common problem that will only get worse as time goes by!
Oh yeah! Hubby just picked up some of that additive they've got for your small engines now. It's supposed to protect your small engines from the ethanol. Can you believe that? Now you've got to buy a product to protect your lawnmower, chainsaws & weedeaters from the gas they're selling. Thanks for that tip though Midnight, I wonder just how many people don't know that? Maybe that's something that ought to be put out there on the garden and home forums too, huh?

Quote:
They do that too! That's when you know you are good and it's HARD STUFF! Like I said.... HE/SHE will STILL be calling!
C'mon now. Lets see/read what you're actually talking about. I want the details.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:18 PM

Like the old saying goes...."if your goin' to an engineers house, drink a few beers first".>

Old 07-02-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Well, you have a lot to learn. They always think they know better and ignore warnings and advice until it doesn't work out as planned or they get frustrated.
As if you know any. Trust me, as a person that does home repair and works in the sciences, the latter is the bigger brain-drain pain in the arse. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, in the trades that I cannot learn and master. There's a boat load in any any specialized science that will always be beyond my reach. There's simply not enough years in a person's life span.

I'm still looking for one example, in detail.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:20 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,333,697 times
Women can be too emotional sometimes. I'm not a very expressive person emotional wise but sometimes when I'm around women who are, it makes me feel like I have to be acting like them. Do you get what I mean? Being around overly emotional people makes me feel uncomfortable.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Like the old saying goes...."if your goin' to an engineers house, drink a few beers first".>
I've never heard that saying, tho, I have not spent any time on a roof swilling beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships