Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Are American men better off avoiding relationships with American women?
Yes, especially for you. Please, for the love all things that ask for mercy, do not date American women and certainly don't breed.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:08 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times
Default The Handsome Prince & Beautiful Princess

My apologies if this has already been posted.

Once upon a time there was a handsome young price and an equally beautiful young princess. The prince asked the princess, “If you will kiss me and consent to marry me, I will give you your heart’s desires for the rest of your life.” The princess pondered these things in her heart, and after a few minutes told him, “I am sorry, but I shall not kiss you, nor consent to marry you.”

And so, the prince bought a Harley to ride. In fact he rode Harleys most the rest of his life. And he went hunting, camping and fishing whenever he pleased. He sat around in his underwear on weekends smoking cigars and watching sports from the couch, ate what he wanted and when he wanted, played poker with the guys and as he got older dated women half his age. He left the toilet seat up as he pleased and even had money left over from his paychecks at the end of the month.

The End

OK, boys & girls, what have we learned from this?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
My daughter is 15. I worry about the dating world she will enter in a few years. I worry that her heart will be chewed through repeatedly by jaded men. They might be bitter because of real or anticipated heartbreak from equally jaded women, but the reason won't matter to her fresh young heart.

I do hope young men who believe what you write stay away from young women, yes. Maybe that will spare her.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:10 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
That some people are better off single and with singlehood comes liberty.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:11 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,900 times
Quote:
No.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:13 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
That some people are better off single and with singlehood comes liberty.

Very good. Three points for you.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:13 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Quote:
This is painting with an extremely large brush. So I can only answer with extreme generalizations...

Quote:
1)Dating can be extremely expensive and the financial burden is often put on the man.
Extremely expensive? Why? If you cannot afford dinner with another person now and then, or a movie, you should not be dating. However, I would not consider dating much of an overall financial burden.

Quote:
2)Sex is easy to come by. It is easy to go out and pick a girl up every once and awhile, or even have a friends with benefits. The majority of women seem to push away the "nice guy" who would make a great father and husband until 30 when their biological clock starts ticking. Before that, they are hitting bars and clubs and spending nights trying out new sheets!
Um... well... yes if you go to the right places you can find no strings attached sex. However, I do not see this being fulfilling long term for most men either. There is FAR more to companionship with a women for men than just getting sex.

There are also a lot of good women in their 20's who are not always hitting bars and sleeping around.

Quote:
3)Is it really worth having a relationship that could lead into a horrible failed marriage caused by modern world entitled attitude expectations, financially and emotionally crippling men? Many women will divorce after they have kids and can no longer carry....interesting......
Is it ever worth taking a calculated risk in life? There are no guarantees in anything. If your attitude going into marriage is that it will end in horrible failure, you should not be considering it. However, if you are in a good relationship developed through protecting your heart and making the decision to get married on analyzing the relationship and the person (and not on lust or emotion) then there would be no reason to assume it would end in a horrible failure.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:14 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,900 times
That he couldn't get a girl to kiss him.

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
Hhehe, the title reminds me of Prince Frog. This is not meant be a negative thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:

1)Dating can be extremely expensive and the financial burden is often put on the man.

2)Sex is easy to come by. It is easy to go out and pick a girl up every once and awhile, or even have a friends with benefits. The majority of women seem to push away the "nice guy" who would make a great father and husband until 30 when their biological clock starts ticking. Before that, they are hitting bars and clubs and spending nights trying out new sheets!

3)Is it really worth having a relationship that could lead into a horrible failed marriage caused by modern world entitled attitude expectations, financially and emotionally crippling men? Many women will divorce after they have kids and can no longer carry....interesting......

On the lighter side........

1)We can leave the toilet seat up!
2)We don't have to spend endless amounts of time and money on material possessions in which we will use merely for a brief vapid moment and then throw out like trash when something new comes along.
3)We don't have to beg for a guys nights out.
4)We don't have to explain every little thing we do.
5)We don't have to have psychic abilities to really understand that they actually meant the exact opposite of what they were saying.
I can emphatize with what you are saying and agree with some of it, but you really set yourself up with these kind of threads.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships