Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:30 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,237,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
You clearly said a few boyfriendS first, which is plural, but you went and changed it to "a BOYFRIEND" just now which doesnt help you, cheating more than once is what everyone else views as bad right?. And it doesn't matter if you would do it again or not or if you were married/not married, cheating is cheating lol. You pretty much looked down on the other guy not only because he brought in a child into it, but because he was "disloyal".

And yes, it has something to do with you posting in another thread because saying one thing in one, and switching around in another is called hypocrisy.

And if you "should not have to explain" why did you?
Excuse me, but berating people is against the rules of the thread. I'm not interested in a witch hunt. Just curious what prompts people to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,028,092 times
I've played baseball in my life, so I've swung bats before.

Does that count?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've played baseball in my life, so I've swung bats before.

Does that count?
Sure thing.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:08 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,141,538 times
Never cheated, Never Swung, Never married.

I tell GF's:

If you wanta, fine, just tell me before you see me again.

A couple have. Some I was fine with, couple hit me a little hard, but I got over it.

(Distance mainly being the issue)

If your tempted to any serious degree, Get out the relationship. It's over.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:44 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,402,042 times
Quote:
And then indulge in a lot of bluster about how much they prize monogamy, blah blah blah.
Psst... if you're truly in love, you don't cheat. And guess what? You ain't seriously tempted either. I have no moral qualm about polygamy at all, I'm not religious in the slightest... but great sex with one person beats whatever you're doing.

If the sex is really that great while balling every available woman, then why ever move on? If she's rocking your world, why dump her for an untested entity?

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-28-2011 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: deleted rude comment

Old 07-27-2011, 06:49 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,101,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I have been faithful to my wife, 99% of the time...

Some years ago, one of our kids went through something pretty awful. Not going to say what it was, but trust me, it was nothing anyone here could imagine. It was off the map, and our child needed quite a lot of special love and hand holding. I was so worried and broken up, that for the first few nights afterwards, I slept on the floor of their bedroom. For months, it was the last thought I had every night, and the first I had every morning. It hit me square in the forehead as soon as I opened my eyes.

After a while, I realized that my wife started to fade on me; I felt she got back to normal way too fast. Felt she deserted both me and our child, and I started to resent her for it. And then came the anger. Never been a silent sufferer, besides, our kid needed her, and we had some real Pier 6 brawls over this one. Never in front of our child though. We both knew that was the last thing our child needed; then not only would they have the initial hurt do deal with, but also the guilt of thinking that they were the cause of our discord.

At that time I was in a business where I had "access" to a lot of beautiful women. It started with a few drinks, some hand holding, a kiss goodnight, but soon it escalated to sex. And after the first, there was a second and a third and so on. This went on for months, all with different women, was more like a rampage than a series of affairs. I'm not one for soulless sex, believe it or not. I get caught up and easily crossover to some kind of emotional attachment. But it was never love. I always loved my wife very much.

The problem was that we couldn't talk about the issue. Anytime we tried it always turned into an argument, and once that happens all logic goes out the window and you have no chance of understanding each others point of view. It was on my own that I finally realized that what had happened to our child was just too much for her to handle. She was hiding from it, just couldn't cope. She is stronger than I am in some ways. I think we all have our strong and weak spots. Once I got it, I easily forgave her and that anger was replaced with compassion. We were stronger for each other than ever, on a much deeper level, and all these years later I have never been unfaithful again.
I'm curious if you ever told her?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:00 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,410,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I'm curious if you ever told her?
Yes. But, I was immediately sorry that I did. It was selfish of me. I wanted to absolve myself. Once a Catholic...

Old 07-28-2011, 12:30 AM

31,146 posts, read 22,180,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Yes. But, I was immediately sorry that I did. It was selfish of me. I wanted to absolve myself. Once a Catholic...
Some things are better left zipped. My brother in law came clean about a one time fling, it was bad for all parties involved.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Psst... if you're truly in love, you don't cheat. And guess what? You ain't seriously tempted either. I have no moral qualm about polygamy at all, I'm not religious in the slightest... but great sex with one person beats whatever you're doing.

If the sex is really that great while balling every available woman, then why ever move on? If she's rocking your world, why dump her for an untested entity?
For someone so apparently arrogant, you seem to lack reading comprehension. All I'm trying to do is get to the heart of motivation here. And that's pretty hard to do when people like you get on the thread and start acting like Cotton Mather.

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-28-2011 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted comment.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:29 AM

10,181 posts, read 20,815,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Psst... moron... if you're truly in love, you don't cheat. And guess what? You ain't seriously tempted either. I have no moral qualm about polygamy at all, I'm not religious in the slightest... but great sex with one person beats whatever you're doing.

Who are you calling a moron? This is why I rarely if ever participate in many of the cheating threads anymore. Too many "perfect" people such as yourself who want to cast judgment on others because they don't meet your standards of conduct, regardless of their life situation. It's unfortunate we can't have a nice adult and candid discussion here without petty name calling and the crowd of holier-than-thou's with their torches and pitchforks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships