Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 11:46 AM

415 posts, read 616,668 times

Advertisements

I've already mentioned that I've done this in the past. Nothing good has ever come of me asking a guy out. Ever. I started asking men out at age 15. It got progressively worse from there. I've asked men out in three different states. It would appear that Men In N. Utah, S. Nevada, and SoCal prefer to do the chasing, and get bored easily when asked out. Or they get weird-ed out. I'm not even including the "you're such a nice girl, but I just don't like you that way" responses here.

The last guy I asked out vanished into the desert hills of Irvine, and buried himself in his work. I got no response at all.

I will wait to be asked out. Period. End of story. I might make it easier on the guy by offering my number, but the guy is doing the asking. If I never get asked out again, then fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 12:02 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,730,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
I've already mentioned that I've done this in the past. Nothing good has ever come of me asking a guy out. Ever. I started asking men out at age 15. It got progressively worse from there. I've asked men out in three different states. It would appear that Men In N. Utah, S. Nevada, and SoCal prefer to do the chasing, and get bored easily when asked out. Or they get weird-ed out. I'm not even including the "you're such a nice girl, but I just don't like you that way" responses here.

The last guy I asked out vanished into the desert hills of Irvine, and buried himself in his work. I got no response at all.

I will wait to be asked out. Period. End of story. I might make it easier on the guy by offering my number, but the guy is doing the asking. If I never get asked out again, then fine.
How old are you? You act as if you've been doing this for 20 years with not so good results.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:08 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,024,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post

The catch is, it's a completely fine thing for you to do as a woman. But if you're a guy who won't ask women out anymore, you're SOL.

And, like you, if I am never asked out again, I'm already prepared to be a hermit.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,443,047 times
I'm a guy that doesn't mind it either.....makes no difference to me anyway, as when was single as was pretty aggressive

Old 09-03-2012, 01:37 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,608,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Its make the woman look desperate to an insecure man. A secure man would certainly appreciate the effort unless the woman was not appealing in his eyes.
why does it make the woman look desperate to an insecure guy? be more specific

Old 09-03-2012, 03:02 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,681,629 times
I love cute pics of cute chics, just being themselves. My inbox welcomes you.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
Quote:
How old are you? You act as if you've been doing this for 20 years with not so good results.
I've been doing it for a good solid 10 years without any good results. I've had two dates come out of asking men out, and neither one went past date 2.

I'm still pretty crushed (way more than usual) after the last time I asked a guy out so I don't think I'm going to be doing it for a while.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:04 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,681,629 times
Women are welcome to be girls and friends with me, even in the most heterosexual of manners and fashions in modern times and claim it is what girl friends should always be good for.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:44 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,730,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've been doing it for a good solid 10 years without any good results. I've had two dates come out of asking men out, and neither one went past date 2.

I'm still pretty crushed (way more than usual) after the last time I asked a guy out so I don't think I'm going to be doing it for a while.
So what would you say to a man that said the same thing that you just wrote?

Old 09-03-2012, 05:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
Quote:
So what would you say to a man that said the same thing that you just wrote?
I'd tell them to give up, move on and get some hobbies. Which I've done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships