Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times

Advertisements

ya...its starting to get really hard to deal with, especially the more I hear about friends getting married. I stay busy but then the minute I have time to think, that fear returns... . I think this fear stems mostly from the fact that its been about 2 and a half years since my last relationship and although I've been dating pretty consistently, its all been very bad luck so its looking more and more like I'm gonna wind up alone (so it seems anyways, I'm sure I'm wrong). I'm sure I do something to bring about that luck, but since I dont know what I'm doing to attract such bad luck, my last option is to just cope..somehow.

How do you deal with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 07:10 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ya...its starting to get really hard to deal with, especially the more I hear about friends getting married. I stay busy but then the minute I have time to think, that fear returns... . I think this fear stems mostly from the fact that its been about 2 and a half years since my last relationship and although I've been dating pretty consistently, its all been very bad luck so its looking more and more like I'm gonna wind up alone (so it seems anyways, I'm sure I'm wrong). I'm sure I do something to bring about that luck, but since I dont know what I'm doing to attract such bad luck, my last option is to just cope..somehow.

How do you deal with it?
Honey, I've been dateless and single for over about a year and a half. I'm older than you are, and I've been rejected hundreds of times in that short period.

Want to know know how I do it?

F*ck 'em! Feeling mopey and sad will not help change anything!

Wish all of your friends a happy and long marriage! Your time has not come yet and when it does you'll be right there with the rest of them. Nothing to feel sad about!

I do as you do too. I'll bury myself in my work, and I hang around my friends often. I have too good a time to think about the what if's and thinking about them won't do a damn thing about the present.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 PM

but prince frog, I thought you had a girlfriend! lol

Old 08-18-2011, 07:20 PM

88 posts, read 278,851 times
Not to be offensive but don't be ridicilous. Try to go about 25 years since you're a teen dateless and sexless like me. It's not impossible.

Find ways to keep busy and don't envy your friends because their marriages won't always be a bed of roses.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
but prince frog, I thought you had a girlfriend! lol
!!

Who is my girlfriend so I may go and touch her parts!!

Old 08-18-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
Not to be offensive but don't be ridicilous. Try to go about 25 years since you're a teen dateless and sexless like me. It's not impossible.

Find ways to keep busy and don't envy your friends because their marriages won't always be a bed of roses.
I know its ridiculous..but I can't help it..

froggy-I thought you mentioned a girlfriend before..haha

Old 08-18-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I know its ridiculous..but I can't help it..

froggy-I thought you mentioned a girlfriend before..haha
I have mentioned an ex-gf! She's more of an ex Wh*re though!

I guess I don't get to touch anyone's parts other than my own again..

Old 08-18-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I have mentioned an ex-gf! She's more of an ex Wh*re though!

I guess I don't get to touch anyone's parts other than my own again..
hahahhaa ya its more fun with someone else touching you!

Old 08-18-2011, 07:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post

You are so damn dishonest. You have another thread that has run on ad nauseum about how you had a hot woman who was really into you and you punked out and chased her away.

You make me sick. You cry because you're dateless and sexless and then you cry because you had a chance to fix that and refused to.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
hahahhaa ya its more fun with someone else touching you!
Heck yes! Plus it gives my hand a break that night!

I'm going to have carpal tunnel syndrome before too long!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships