Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I head out to bars with a few buddies and we invent stories to get girls in bed.

One of the best fables to tell is that you are a record producer - this usually does the trick.

being an accountant or banker also works quite well, though is harder to pull off as you do actually need some financial knowledge.

now, is there anything wrong in doing this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 02:25 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
As long as you are not planning to meet her again, not really. But you need to make it clear that it is only a short term fling.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:32 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,899 times
Of course it's not ok. I can't believe anyone would even have to ask this question. It is not ok to lie. It is not ok to deceive. It it's not ok to think that people are so unimportant that you need not show them the fundamental respect of honesty. It diminishes everyone involved and the liar most of all.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 AM

wasn't there a news story a while back about an Israeli girl trying to sue an Arab man for rape?

he said he was Jewish, and eventually wooed the girl - but when she found out he was an arab she tried to have him arrested for rape

is there any value to her claims?

and likewise, is there any improper behaviour going on when you lie to get a girl in bed?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Of course it's not ok. I can't believe anyone would even have to ask this question. It is not ok to lie. It is not ok to deceive. It it's not ok to think that people are so unimportant that you need not show them the fundamental respect of honesty. It diminishes everyone involved and the liar most of all.
it doesn't diminish me because I prefer it this way - saves the hassle of having to entertain a girl too much with witty conversation etc..

and anyway, people lie all the time - so what's the difference in this situation?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:41 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
This is one of the many reasons I have trust issues with men.

Trust no one. They're probably lying to use you.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:45 AM

vice versa is also true of course

plenty of girls make out they love you, but only whilst it suits them.

marriage and long-term relationships are just idealistic shams.

anyway, what do you think would be the best 'job' for my next adventure to the bar? (and the worst)

how about janitor, dishwasher or astronaut?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Sometimes I head out to bars with a few buddies and we invent stories to get girls in bed.

One of the best fables to tell is that you are a record producer - this usually does the trick.

being an accountant or banker also works quite well, though is harder to pull off as you do actually need some financial knowledge.

now, is there anything wrong in doing this?

No, it does not.

......are you serious? lol

My answer is no, it's not "ok". I really don't see the point, and I don't think I would want a woman that actually fell for that line anyways. Not even for a fling. You don't have time for witty conversation, because you probably arn't witty, or entertaining. Seems to me, that if you can't get the girl without lying, her being trashed, or more importantly, doing it on your own merit then, I dunno. I guess you're not that desirable after all.

No?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 AM

it's not about being desirable or not - it's about getting the girl into bed.

The record producer yarn is just the same as making witty chit-chat and 'selling oneself' - just happens to make it slightly easier.

and of course, the chit-chat must still be performed , but it's ever so much harder when you tell her that your real job is KFC sales assistant.

so why not just use a little white lie from time to time?

the girl can still say no anyway.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:06 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
it's not about being desirable or not - it's about getting the girl into bed.

The record producer yarn is just the same as making witty chit-chat and 'selling oneself' - just happens to make it slightly easier.

and of course, the chit-chat must still be performed , but it's ever so much harder when you tell her that your real job is KFC sales assistant.

so why not just use a little white lie from time to time?

the girl can still say no anyway.
Why not treat women like they're human beings, and stop lying to them to get them to like you and subsequently sleep with you?

You do realize that this messes with women's heads, right? You're purposely creating women who distrust men and will likely have issues in future relationships.

How is this okay for you? Are you a sociopath?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships