Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:44 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I wasn't the one with the crush, though.
You may not have had the crush but chances are she's not still dwelling on the fact that you ignored her, being all hypocritical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 01:46 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
I've always thought that "acting aloof" is more of a game people play when there's already some sort of rapport or attraction established. Of course acting aloof from the get-go isn't going to work unless you're willing to blindly chase. It sounds like she was being shy, but we don't know for sure unless the OP approached her more often.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:47 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
You're saying you're not angry, but you keep saying it's "her loss". Were you also crushing on her? Are you upset you missed out on a chance to date her because of her "aloofness"? If you were indifferent, you wouldn't care.

I didn't miss out. The point of this thread is that being aloof does more harm than good and I listed an example. I may have gone out with her if she showed interest, but because she came across as aloof and stuck up, this was the end result. There's plenty of other girls that are just as good looking and don't act that way.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You may not have had the crush but chances are she's not still dwelling on the fact that you ignored her, being all hypocritical.
If you go back to page 1, I mentioned that I said good bye to her and she was very cold. So no, I didn't ignore her.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
I didn't miss out. The point of this thread is that being aloof does more harm than good and I listed an example. I may have gone out with her if she showed interest, but because she came across as aloof and stuck up, this was the end result. There's plenty of other girls that are just as good looking and don't act that way.
So, maybe a more accurate title to the thread would have been "WakaFlocka has no interest in dating people that he deems aloof."

I think the consensus on this thread seems to be that she was shy and not purposefully aloof. And there are lots of shy people that date and get married. Your preference might be for more outgoing people. And that's fine. Once again - I don't she lost out on anything. She is who she is and you aren't interested in who she is - so what?

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Quote:
If you go back to page 1, I mentioned that I said good bye to her and she was very cold. So no, I didn't ignore her.
That's just one example and, like others have mentioned, she may have just been shy. I think you'd have to have more encounters with her to know whether or not she was really stuck up or just shy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
You started it about aloofness and everyone here is trying to tell you that maybe she wasn't aloof at all, but shy. That would be my bet too--I have a quietly outgoing kind of personality but when I get a crush on a man, I clam up and can't even look him in the eye. It's completely involuntary. So why do you assume that she's shutting you out on purpose? If you liked her, you ought to be calling her right now but if you're that intolerant of people's personality traits then I agree with Dewdrop who said you guys would be a poor match.

If the situation was reversed, people wouldn't be defending me. If I was the shy one, my personality trait wouldn't be tolerated.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:52 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,356 times
Quote:
That don't act what way? Being shy is no reason to put somebody down. Now, if you guys already had some kind of rapport established and she purposely played hard to get or ignored you, then that would warrant that kind of reaction from you. But more than likely she was only shy, there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
If the situation was reversed, people wouldn't be defending me. If I was the shy one, my personality trait wouldn't be tolerated.
I'm not sure why you think that. People are who they are. If someone is shy - they are shy. If someone is outgoing - they are outgoing. If you had come on here asking for help to overcome your shyness - I'm sure people would be happy to give you advice. But you didn't come on here asking for advice - you came on here to put someone down for being "aloof" when it seems that she was shy. I would never put someone down for being shy - male or female.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:30 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
I think it's another one of those screwed up dating game playing things that only happens in America. It's kind of complicated. They say a lot of women even attractive women have low self esteem so this can hurt their flirting skills. All in all I would agree "appearing" like you don't want to talk to a guy is not a good way to get a guy to talk to you. What happens is the only guys that will try to talk to you are the overly aggressive ones and that is not good. Why? Because that's the guy that is asking out 10 different women a day and is not interested in only one woman. Also I think a lot of women will label a guy a player just due to his looks and his single status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships