Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 PM

48,667 posts, read 35,163,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
The topic isn't about shyness. It's about aloofness.
Then cite an example of someone who acted aloof. Honestly, the poor girl sounds shy. You don't sound like a very nice person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 PM

550 posts, read 606,661 times
Maybe she was shy if she looked down whenever she passed you. But if she went out of her way to NOT acknowledge you, she was being aloof. You won't get women to agree because a lot of women do it.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,664,469 times
I think the OP has absolutely no clue what it's like to be a shy person and is completely incapable of putting himself in her shoes. So many people, whether they are shy or not, clam up when they are around someone they like. What I'm confused about is why this guy took so much time out of his personal life to make a thread about this when he could probably go out somewhere and easily find another woman if he is really that outgoing of a person and not shy like she seems.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:08 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,820,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I agree that the woman in question was in all likelihood shy, not being intentionally rude or aloof.

And even if she did have a crush on you, crushes are many times silly little things. I've had crushes on the UPS guy or the barista at the coffee shop before, and it basically just meant I thought they were cute. Not that I wanted to talk to them or date them or sleep with them. It was just a flight of fancy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
YES! Thank you!
Uhm that's kind of flaky all around isn't it? Also how is the guy supposed to know you're not really interested in him if you're doing all this flirting around just for fun and flight of fancy? That's a form of game playing in a way isn't it? What if the guy likes you?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:28 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,034,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
Having a crush on someone doesn't mean that person wanted to act on it...maybe she thought the work place was inapproiate.
Very possible. I can say that at about every job I that I've had, I found someone attractive but just never acted on it for that reason.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 AM

29,796 posts, read 34,605,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Uhm that's kind of flaky all around isn't it? Also how is the guy supposed to know you're not really interested in him if you're doing all this flirting around just for fun and flight of fancy? That's a form of game playing in a way isn't it? What if the guy likes you?
Your definition of a crush may be different from mine. Like I said, for me a crush is a silly little thing, and the object of my crush probably never knows. So, yes, I may be a little flirtier with him, but there is definitely not leading on or game playing.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:43 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,515,572 times
Quote:
Your definition of a crush may be different from mine. Like I said, for me a crush is a silly little thing, and the object of my crush probably never knows. So, yes, I may be a little flirtier with him, but there is definitely not leading on or game playing.

If he's under the impression you're into him and he has feelings, then yes you are leading him on.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 AM

29,796 posts, read 34,605,248 times
Quote:
If he's under the impression you're into him and he has feelings, then yes you are leading him on.
Except in my case, the guy doesn't know. He's just a random dude I barely know who I think is cute and nice. The crush is entirely in my head, and I don't want or expect anything to come of it.

In your case, it's highly possible that a middle-aged lady would tell you a shy young woman has a crush on you, just from her making an assumption and thinking that it's sweet, but not based on any sort of confession or factual basis. It's not unheard of.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:08 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,515,572 times
Quote:
Except in my case, the guy doesn't know. He's just a random dude I barely know who I think is cute and nice. The crush is entirely in my head, and I don't want or expect anything to come of it.

In your case, it's highly possible that a middle-aged lady would tell you a shy young woman has a crush on you, just from her making an assumption and thinking that it's sweet, but not based on any sort of confession or factual basis. It's not unheard of.

Women are much better at reading body language.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:29 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,864,914 times
Quote:
Women are much better at reading body language.
You're right, so why don't you accept the fact that we know what we're talking about and stop arguing with us about it? We've told you our perspective, we've told you our stories and you still keep insisting that she's aloof. OK. She's aloof. So what are you going to do about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships