Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:18 AM

18,257 posts, read 14,488,747 times

Advertisements

She's not aloof. Aloof is me making out with a guy and ignoring him for weeks after. That's aloof.

To the OP, there are men who are shy too. I've met my share of guys who befriend my friends, for example, and, yet won't even say Hi to me sometimes. The guy will just ignore me and talk to everybody else. I've learned my lesson. If a guy is ignoring me, or avoiding looking at me, while talking to me, it's because he is shy and usually he likes me. At first it can be off-putting and might make you feel like kicking them. But then when you remember that this is classic crush behavior, you start to notice them more, and usually your suspicions are right. Once you put them at ease, they are the most wonderful mates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 10:21 AM

8,286 posts, read 38,862,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
This happened to me at my last job. This one girl never spoke to me, didn't look at me, and pretty much ignored me. Everyone else was at least courteous enough to say hello and ask how I was doing.

When I saw one of the managers about a month later, she said the girl had a crush on me. I told her that she ignored me for 3 months and I assumed she was stuck up.

The moral, aloof doesn't work, especially if you're female. No one with an ounce of self-respect is going to approach someone that has ignored them for a significant period of time.
I don't know, I think think you've arrived at the wrong moral of the story.

You assumed she was stuck up and now you're assuming that it was something wrong with her.

Now you'll never know, so I think the moral is never assume - always confirm.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:52 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,891,596 times
What I dont understand is the 'its her loss' angle. That is a term used to console someone/yourself when you are rejected or couldnt get the person you were trying to attract. So why would the term be used to describe a scenario where the person uttering these words isnt interested?...unless..

Old 08-26-2011, 02:52 AM

591 posts, read 868,832 times
Quote:
This happened to me at my last job. This one girl never spoke to me, didn't look at me, and pretty much ignored me. Everyone else was at least courteous enough to say hello and ask how I was doing.

When I saw one of the managers about a month later, she said the girl had a crush on me. I told her that she ignored me for 3 months and I assumed she was stuck up.

The moral, aloof doesn't work, especially if you're female. No one with an ounce of self-respect is going to approach someone that has ignored them for a significant period of time.

Not only that; if I am in your position I am going to wish tragedy on her to pay her back for insulting me by making me feel worthless.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:11 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,515,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
Not only that; if I am in your position I am going to wish tragedy on her to pay her back for insulting me by making me feel worthless.

Easy, Doc.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:05 AM

31,333 posts, read 22,319,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Sometimes being mysterious is intriguing .
I have experienced that. For me, I'm an open book and will tell you things many men would never share. Someone played me with the mysterious thing for 6 months. Ended up finding a person with no depth undernieth.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:06 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,670,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I think it's another one of those screwed up dating game playing things that only happens in America. It's kind of complicated. They say a lot of women even attractive women have low self esteem so this can hurt their flirting skills. All in all I would agree "appearing" like you don't want to talk to a guy is not a good way to get a guy to talk to you. What happens is the only guys that will try to talk to you are the overly aggressive ones and that is not good. Why? Because that's the guy that is asking out 10 different women a day and is not interested in only one woman. Also I think a lot of women will label a guy a player just due to his looks and his single status.
very true! These girls, who want the guy to hit on them, end up with jerks who play them. Then complain later on. How about you reach out to a nice shy guy once in a while if you notice he likes you but is not rompin over tryin to holla at chu?

Old 08-26-2011, 03:53 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,515,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
very true! These girls, who want the guy to hit on them, end up with jerks who play them. Then complain later on. How about you reach out to a nice shy guy once in a while if you notice he likes you but is not rompin over tryin to holla at chu?

In the end, they're punished for their passiveness.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:43 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,864,914 times
Quote:
In the end, they're punished for their passiveness.
Sometimes they dodge a bullet.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:12 AM

206 posts, read 769,770 times
oh god. this girl is SO me! when i dont like a guy i'm all chatty and flirty and friendly with him. when i do like a guy i just....freeze up and keep my distance and avoid him except for secret glances and lovelorn sighs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships