Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 03:35 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,597 times

Advertisements

By making a thread about this your making her out to something important. In reality she really isn't important at all, she's not the only piece of ***** out there bro...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 03:40 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
If the situation was reversed, people wouldn't be defending me. If I was the shy one, my personality trait wouldn't be tolerated.

Why? Because you are a man? That is totally untrue. I would have said the same thing..actually probably even moreso for a man because its women who have the unfortunate reputation of being 'stuck up'. Look, people have said she might have been shy, and you are heck bent on saying she was being stuck up and aloof.

However, I am shy too, and so I can understand how people can get the wrong impression. Have you ever looked at anyone, and thought they had a mean expression, but that is just the way they look..they cant help it? Things arent always as they see, which should be obvious to you know since you found out she actually had a crush on you.

Next time, dont give up so easily just because she 'mumbled' goodbye. You never know if you just caught someone on a bad day, etc.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:05 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,802 times
Quote:
I didn't miss out. The point of this thread is that being aloof does more harm than good and I listed an example. I may have gone out with her if she showed interest, but because she came across as aloof and stuck up, this was the end result. There's plenty of other girls that are just as good looking and don't act that way.
The title of your thread, and your op are at odds. Most of us don't know what the point of your thread is. Don't like whoever you don't want to like, that's fine. But this girl was clearly shy and not aloof. Aloof is doing jerk things like taking forever to return phone calls, and trying to look busy when you really aren't because you don't want to come off desperate.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:57 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,219,720 times
Folks.. we are here to help each other not to argue and bicker with each other. There is no need to make rude comments or attack anyone.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:06 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,392,463 times
Anyway, we don't even know for sure if the girl liked him. Just because he heard it through a grapevine doesn't mean that it's true.
OP, It's just a speculation thinking that the girl liked you and was acting aloof. We don't know if any of it is true, whether or not she really liked you and why she was acting this way towards you.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:16 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,913 times
Quote:
This happened to me at my last job. This one girl never spoke to me, didn't look at me, and pretty much ignored me. Everyone else was at least courteous enough to say hello and ask how I was doing.

When I saw one of the managers about a month later, she said the girl had a crush on me. I told her that she ignored me for 3 months and I assumed she was stuck up.

The moral, aloof doesn't work, especially if you're female. No one with an ounce of self-respect is going to approach someone that has ignored them for a significant period of time.
Having a crush on someone doesn't mean that person wanted to act on it...maybe she thought the work place was inapproiate.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,776 times
Quote:
If you go back to page 1, I mentioned that I said good bye to her and she was very cold. So no, I didn't ignore her.
You said "she mumbled bye under her breath."

That sounds more shy than cold.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 AM

977 posts, read 1,816,053 times
She was shy, not aloof. That said, I agree with OP's premise because people are lazy and don't want to take the time to break into someone's shell whether they're shy, introverted, or aloof. They'd rather assume that person is stuck up, perhaps b/c they themselves are afraid.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Anyway, we don't even know for sure if the girl liked him. Just because he heard it through a grapevine doesn't mean that it's true.
OP, It's just a speculation thinking that the girl liked you and was acting aloof. We don't know if any of it is true, whether or not she really liked you and why she was acting this way towards you.

Why would the manager lie about something like that?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:00 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,776 times
Quote:
Why would the manager lie about something like that?
How would the manager even know about something like that? A crush on a coworker is not something you'd normally confide in to your manager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships