Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I don't think it had any abilities to crack my password though.
WTH do you need a password on your own laptop...? Because of the kids?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:01 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
No I have a different program on this computer. It came with Norton when we bought it but my husband put something different on it when Norton expired

I don't think it had any abilities to crack my password though.
Ah..okay. Just wanted to make sure.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
WTH do you need a password on your own laptop...? Because of the kids?
I have one on mine, and my desktop as well. Just in case I have any company that gets snoopy. I always ALWAYS use a password on my account. I have accounts set up for my son, and my BF as well. And they have passwords as well.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 09-16-2011 at 11:11 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have one on mine, and my desktop as well. Just in I have any company that gets snoopy. I always ALWAYS use a password on my account. I have accounts set up for my son, and my BF as well. And they have passwords as well.
I guess... As I live alone, I don't care for it. Enough passwords as it is!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I guess... As I live alone, I don't care for it. Enough passwords as it is!
That's the truth. I have a passworded OneNote file to keep all my passwords in!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's the truth. I have a passworded OneNote file to keep all my passwords in!
I use the same ones as much as possible. The annoying IT people at work (yeah, that's YOU!) make us change them way too often for my liking, but I've found a way of simplifying that, too.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:39 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
I use the same ones as much as possible. The annoying IT people at work (yeah, that's YOU!) make us change them way too often for my liking, but I've found a way of simplifying that, too.
It's people like you that caused the creation of Homeland Security.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Well, I do have a system, but I have some sites that require such specific password formats, my system is useless there. I actually have a harder time keeping up with my logins to all various sites. It's crazy how much we rely on everything online now!!

Old 09-17-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It's people like you that caused the creation of Homeland Security.
Speaking of shi*t like this, the goddamn base here just scared the shi*t out of me! I was reading in bed and heard something like an explosion rattling my house. At first I thought something was happening IN the house... perhaps the water heater exploded or an earthquake or something... I was even afraid to go to the garage, got out of the front door and took the spare garage opener with me. Nothing was wrong with my house, but the garage door was almost open! All the neighbors got out wondering WTF was going on. Soon the more "connected" people found out the goddamn base was doing "controlled" explosions! Explosions at almost 11 p.m.! Can't you friggin' do them during the day instead of freaking people out?! Not to mention, today was a particularly good day because there was already some scare about a gunman being on the base. Eventually, it turned out there was no man or gun!

The only good thing is that I now know for a fact my garage door opens on its own somehow should something like this happen! It happened once before on the 4th of July because of the fireworks, but I was told I was imagining things and I forgot to close it. I knew I hadn't! It freaks me out because I don't usually lock the door to the house, unless I travel. Gotta do something about it... Not sure what, though... The neighbors' garage doors didn't open. Only mine did...

Effing morons! At least I wasn't asleep yet.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:43 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Speaking of shi*t like this ...

... Effing morons! At least I wasn't asleep yet.
You lead an exciting life! I can't see why they would be doing that at that time of night, either - I think it was a cover-up ... they were probably disposing of some old alien spaceships from Area 51!

About 2 hours ago (5:30am) heard a big crash next door, followed by cursing and yelling. Went out on the porch to investigate, some young punk is strutting away and says to me "Who the f*** YOU lookin' at?"

Don't say things like that to me at 5:30 in the morning - I'm not Mr. Happy at that time...

I replied "A piece of s***!" (See how being witty helps?). Meanwhile my LF comes out behind me, he sees her and makes a comment about her "old man gonna' catch cold in his bare feet - better get him inside". While he's saying this he's getting closer and I'm casually strolling toward him. I can tell at this point he's drunk and possibly drugged-up, and the neighbors are starting to come out.

He went to poke me in the chest; he never made it.

The cops were very understanding - said he had some outstanding warrants and dragged him off to County. Hope they still have a medic there ...

Turns out he was boinking the guy-next-door's wife, so I guess you could say I'm starting to clean up the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships