Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 05:27 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Insomnia is a *****......
What's even worse is when your ladyfriend's 2 kids wake up at 7am on a Sunday, after sleeping on the couch during last night's movie until 1am, when they look like zombies every school morning and you need a can of WD-40 and a crowbar to get them out the door.

Plus of course the 2 dogs, 2 cats and rabbit are all up and doing aerobics on my face ...

I have to teach today too - maybe the lesson topic will be "Taoist population control".

Chow, I like the idea of the OFF (Old Fart's Forum), but then where would I get all my straight lines?

Old 09-18-2011, 06:17 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Chow and Sea-Sorry to hear about BIL/Brother. I've been there with my mom a couple of times. Sending good vibes!

Old 09-18-2011, 06:24 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
What's even worse is when your ladyfriend's 2 kids wake up at 7am on a Sunday, after sleeping on the couch during last night's movie until 1am, when they look like zombies every school morning and you need a can of WD-40 and a crowbar to get them out the door.
I was visiting my brother and his family and real early one morning like 6 in the morning I heard my sister in law yell from up stairs "MOTHER OF GOD!!!" Turns out my nephew, who had to literally be dragged out of bed to go to school had the day off and was up and raring to go that morning.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:

Plus of course the 2 dogs, 2 cats and rabbit are all up and doing aerobics on my face ...

I have to teach today too - maybe the lesson topic will be "Taoist population control".
Aaaww, your fun never ends, Waggy!

Quote:
Chow, I like the idea of the OFF (Old Fart's Forum), but then where would I get all my straight lines?
Who's gonna post the threads? It'll be DEAD! There already is a Retirement forum, so Chow can move if he so wishes.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Still addicted to computer chess. I have to share this win I just got at level 5. It was quick!

Attachment 84996
CHeckMate...

Well Done

Old 09-18-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
My husband is being sensitive about his lack of goog-bye from his restaurant. His last night was a week ago (I think). He was with them for 14 years. He expected a card, a meal, something. Mgt didn't do anything, but they have for others in the past. I took him out tonight to meet up with coworkers for a bit of a send off. Just drinks. He's still not happy and I just feel bad about it. But, that's how it goes in life. I guess he'll just be hurt for awhile and it will pass. Still, it's weird because he's not normally sensitive like that.

I just posted ^^^ in the wrong thread and had to delete it! Thank goodness I noticed it.
It's a real shame, in many business's employees are treated like a timecard number, instead of a productive human being, who is an asset.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:14 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,658,886 times
Quote:

When I visit my niece (in NYC )she has an 18th month and a 3yr old I love them and they are so beautiful...but by the third day I'm ready to put a bullet in my brain!!!The kicker was while I was sleeping on the bottom trundle bed the 3yr old leaned over and said "I'm gonna spit" and proceeded to throw-up all over me!!Lesson learned I sleep on top trundle now!!At least in your case Phil they are school age but I would head for the hills before they hit teen years!!

Old 09-18-2011, 11:29 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,054 times
Quote:
My husband is being sensitive about his lack of goog-bye from his restaurant. His last night was a week ago (I think). He was with them for 14 years. He expected a card, a meal, something. Mgt didn't do anything, but they have for others in the past. I took him out tonight to meet up with coworkers for a bit of a send off. Just drinks. He's still not happy and I just feel bad about it. But, that's how it goes in life. I guess he'll just be hurt for awhile and it will pass. Still, it's weird because he's not normally sensitive like that.I just posted ^^^ in the wrong thread and had to delete it! Thank goodness I noticed it.
Tell your hubby it was in his best interest they let him go the way they did, because he can get with another company that'll value him the way they should

Quote:
We went and saw the BIL in ICU, he's still not doing well, still on life support, they are trying to wean him off slowly to see if he can come out of it on his own.

IDK, we'll have to see the next day or two......
Dang, that's gotta suck My thoughts are with you and Ms.Chow

Old 09-18-2011, 12:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

I wouldn't make comments that would get me into a fight, but that's me.

HA!

Quote:
Thanks, we're getting mixed messages from the doctors, at first things were OK, now were hearing that he almost died twice in the hospital.

He's still in ICU, were gonna go down there later, only allow 2 people in the room at the same time, were gonna have to juggle I guess.

Mrs. Chow told me that one of the doctors was getting really rude and sarcastic to her mother. I told Mrs. Chow that if I was around and heard that I'd put my foot so far up his ass he'd be choking on the leather. Pr ick, damn doctors think that they walk on water and these bastards forget who the f ck they work for.

Don't get me started on the AMA.... they are pulling a bunch of other crap worthy of a thread in of its own.
Quote:
You lead an exciting life! I can't see why they would be doing that at that time of night, either - I think it was a cover-up ... they were probably disposing of some old alien spaceships from Area 51!

About 2 hours ago (5:30am) heard a big crash next door, followed by cursing and yelling. Went out on the porch to investigate, some young punk is strutting away and says to me "Who the f*** YOU lookin' at?"

Don't say things like that to me at 5:30 in the morning - I'm not Mr. Happy at that time...

I replied "A piece of s***!" (See how being witty helps?). Meanwhile my LF comes out behind me, he sees her and makes a comment about her "old man gonna' catch cold in his bare feet - better get him inside". While he's saying this he's getting closer and I'm casually strolling toward him. I can tell at this point he's drunk and possibly drugged-up, and the neighbors are starting to come out.

He went to poke me in the chest; he never made it.

The cops were very understanding - said he had some outstanding warrants and dragged him off to County. Hope they still have a medic there ...

Turns out he was boinking the guy-next-door's wife, so I guess you could say I'm starting to clean up the area.

You guys rock!

Old 09-18-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
HA!

You guys rock!

Over the lustrum in my life i've seen things. Some Doctors/Surgeons are True Miracle Workers/using all of Modern Technology. Some docs are pretty good. Some docs ain't worth beans.

Most docs nowadays sure ain't like Doctor Welby.

I don't trust most doctors. nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships