Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 10:17 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times

Advertisements

Happy Bday!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:18 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
We see Mrs. Chow's dad every so many weeks, we usually go out to dinner, when we do. Tonight we go out and as the waitress asks for our drink order Mrs. Chow's Dad says "I'll have a Martini standing straight up with no fruit."

Mrs. Chows Dad is 87 yrs old and fashions himself after Humphrey Bogart.

I think that the last time that drink was ordered that way was in 1949.

So, of course this young 22 yr old waitress had no idea WTF no fruit means. I jump in and say, hold the olives.

So dinner goes as usual, us screaming at him because he couldn't hear a dump trunk in a nitroglycerin plant.

So, a little later the server gives me another drink and I say "Thank you", I was almost about to break out and say in a deep Elvis style voice, "Thank you, thank you very much."

But, I thought the better of it.........

I don't want to be the next generation of Humphrey Bogart wanna be's........

Old 09-24-2011, 12:07 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Chow just think of what they are missing. There is something to said about Bogart or the old James Bond esque eras.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:43 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
OK, we have one guy running around knocking over things with his telephone pole and another screaming about a taco. Oh, a SiFu is down to 1 pole.

Glad I popped in here today.

On a sad note, my husband drove home from work on monday complaining of double vision - yes, he drove! With a coworker in the car. She should have snatched the keys and driven our car home. Anyway, all night, he complained and kept insisting it was allergies and strain from working with excel all day no breaks. So I got him some eye drops for soothing and some for allergies and he said both stung. We got into one of our very rare screaming matches because he just won't listen!!! He is so stubborn! Then he got up and went to work - but luckily he wasn't driving. She brought him home early and he was walking into walls, couldn't make it through doorways, complaining of his vertigo acting up because of the double vision. So again, we argued. I convinced him - because I am louder! - that he had to go to the ER - but he insisted not until morning. Then it was wait until afternoon. Around 2, I threatened with calling an ambulance and he said he'd go, but not to the er, to a private doctor. So the hunt was on. i had eye surgery a year ago and that doctor is away but his partner was available - office hours until 7 pm but they agreed to see him after regular hours. In the meantime, he kept shutting one eye and said it was better so I ran to the pharmacy and bought him eye patches and he thought it helped. It was after dark and raining - and with my cataracts, I cannot see in the dark or rain - and with both, I'm not happy driving, even local, but I made it there. And the diagnosis is 4th nerve palsy, probably idiopathic and it can take a year to resolve itself and maybe not even then, assuming there is no neuro problem. So, as soon as we return, he has to go to the VA for tests, MRI, EKG, CT, and probably something else.

I'm a little worried, concerned but I'm trying not to box with ghosts. It will be what it is and we're going to have fun this week - DAMMIT

Sounds awful. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You effed your life too? lol
Lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
It's just very, very scary how many people know each other in someway. It's crazy I can't believe it.
In another forum here on CD, we were piling on how awful the whole state of Florida is. Full of psychos and killers. And the people who are crazy that come out on the news that live in another state, they soon move to Florida. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
probably a stupid answer, but here goes:

from my computer
If it's in your pictures on your PC, you have to upload them to a host site first. Then you can post them here. Something about bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Crap. So, today is my birthday. It's a tough day because of my twin's passing. Beyond all the shyte that goes along with that, my dh and I decide that my b-day present will be to fix up my 40g fish tank. I wanted to aquascape it. I get some plant substrate ($60 in plants) and realize I'll have to break the tank down to remove the old gravel thoroughly (with hope it would be a cleaner endeavor). I move my angel to a bucket with some plants, remove all the stuff in it, and drain the tank. I rinse the new substrate and fill up the tank. It's like pea soup in there now. Dammit.

I have two filters going with this aqua clear stuff. God knows how long it's going to take. I can't put my angel back until it's somewhat clear.
Happy Birthday. This reminds me that we just jumped into the sign of Libra.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:10 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
This reminds me that we just jumped into the sign of Libra.
And yet I still am unbalanced.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:21 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Hmmm. Is that because you have one leg shorter than the other?

Old 09-24-2011, 02:38 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yeah, you are.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yeah, you are.
Yeah, but you live with the poster child.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:15 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yeah, you are.
Well compared to others... More balanced than you think.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Well compared to others... More balanced than you think.
Well thanks! But you might be jaded from reading CD threads too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships