Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 06:51 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times

Advertisements

I just finished reading the rest of the chat thread...you all were having a grand ol' time last night!

I fell asleep on the couch at some point and missed the orgy.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:02 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
If you've never done this drive to the last Key, this is what it looks like and that is only one section of it to one island....it keeps going and going and going. A lot of funny stuff happened on those bridges no photo could capture.
I think of Key West as my "spiritual home" - I've been there many times and have always had the fondest memories. In fact, if there is justice in the universe and the after-life really does exist, that's where I'll land for the next go-'round.

As you said, it was the trips there and back that provided many of the best memories. I've lost my conch collection, my bar T-shirts have long since fallen to mold, I misplaced the contact info for "Islamorada Izzy" and "Mary Marathon", even the dolphin bite-marks on my butt have healed - but the memories remain.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:09 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I think of Key West as my "spiritual home" - I've been there many times and have always had the fondest memories. In fact, if there is justice in the universe and the after-life really does exist, that's where I'll land for the next go-'round.
Oh, I love going there, you never know what's going to happen or who you will talk to it's untapped paradise every day. I'd gone several times and she lived in Florida and NEVER had been there. I thought 'No way, this beosh is going to experience this come hell or high water.' (We are very close in age so we are more like sisters.) To give her the total experience I even booked the room at the Southern Cross Hotel - the one on the main strip, the oldest hotel in Key West. Just sitting in the lobby was a hoot with all the stuff going on. I've stayed in other B&B's there which were cool, but that hotel was funny.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:10 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
I always love driving on the 7 mile bridge. Its peaceful. Key West is a good time but I think it's better as an adult to bar hop and people watch, etc. I've been dying to go to FF in October but all my friends are married so I get nothing

Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Hell, I used to hop in my car or jump on a plane and go places for a few days by myself all the time. I even drove acros the country many times. One year with the holidays approaching I knew I could only handle one family gathering and walked into a travel agency and said, 'what have you got leaving tomorrow?" and the next day I was in Mexico on the beach with Juan bringing me Pina Coladas and shrimp. I went out places and ended up having dinner with tables full of people I'd never knew and it was a riot.

One of my favorite adventures on that trip was when I ran into the newlyweds I sat next to on the plane and we had dinner and I was going to take them to a couple bars I'd stopped at before. It was just Cancun, which was built strictly for tourists, and we got on this bus and oops - it was the school bus that transported the hotel workers to their home. None of them spoke english and we were looped. He sat down and his wife and I stood at the front of the bus while it was moving teaching these guys how to do the wave. Oh, it was a riot and I had to pull some spanish out of my rear and we were doing the motion and one guy did it and we flipped out 'SI SI!!" and then they all started doing it. We had more fun on that bus than we did in the bar. Again, the journey, not the destination. Had Thanksgiving dinner at night on another island with people from all over the world. Saw a bullfight and went snorkling. No one nagging me to do stuff. Went home 4 days later and was ready for the holidays. If you wait for other people to go places with you all the time, you may never go anywhere.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:16 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Good answer.

Life is about moving forward, moving forward...

Rollin', rollin', rollin'...keep them doggies movin'...RAWhide...

Old 09-25-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Hell, I used to hop in my car or jump on a plane and go places for a few days by myself all the time. I even drove acros the country many times. One year with the holidays approaching I knew I could only handle one family gathering and walked into a travel agency and said, 'what have you got leaving tomorrow?" and the next day I was in Mexico on the beach with Juan bringing me Pina Coladas and shrimp. I went out places and ended up having dinner with tables full of people I'd never knew and it was a riot.

One of my favorite adventures on that trip was when I ran into the newlyweds I sat next to on the plane and we had dinner and I was going to take them to a couple bars I'd stopped at before. It was just Cancun, which was built strictly for tourists, and we got on this bus and oops - it was the school bus that transported the hotel workers to their home. None of them spoke english and we were looped. He sat down and his wife and I stood at the front of the bus while it was moving teaching these guys how to do the wave. Oh, it was a riot and I had to pull some spanish out of my rear and we were doing the motion and one guy did it and we flipped out 'SI SI!!" and then they all started doing it. We had more fun on that bus than we did in the bar. Again, the journey, not the destination. Had Thanksgiving dinner at night on another island with people from all over the world. Saw a bullfight and went snorkling. No one nagging me to do stuff. Went home 4 days later and was ready for the holidays. If you wait for other people to go places with you all the time, you may never go anywhere.

You know this is very very true!!I've often wanted to do that-go on vacays by myself. I mean why do I have to wait for someone else??? My problem is I don't fly well so it would be by car which is no big deal to me. I like driving down long roads. Good thinking time. I think that's going to be my goals next year is to start traveling even if it is alone.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Ok POF lunch date. Wish me luck, lol.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:15 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:

for your spirit of adventure.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:28 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/about...you-think.html

76% say no.

Watch your backs, folks - we're not liked here - at all.
The OP is contradictive; if CD were to have an "adult forum" then CD would still be polluted, just in one easy to find location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships